Forgotten Farewells

SECRET FLOWER
  • The Flight Back Home - Chapter 1 [recap]

The plane had finally landed and as it slowly came to a halt, Nichkhun gently tapped Hyomins shoulder to wake her up. 

Hyomin opened her eyes to see a handsome man in front of her. As she came to her sense she nearly fell out of her seat "Ah! NICHKHUN-Sshi!" she hadn't realized that she  had used him as a pillow and shyly smiled back at him. 

=========================

Nichkhun let out a small chuckle at the sight of Hyomin's shock. 

"Sorry didn't mean to scare you. The plane had just landed, we are back in Korea now." Nichkhun smiled while slowly standing up and offering Hyomin his hand.

"Ah, already? " Hyomin was still in a bit of a daze and had not realized time flew by so quickly. "I must have been so tired that I didn't notice..S-sorry for using you as a headrest Nichkhun-Sshi" She hid away her face and blushed while taking his hand to stand up.

Nichkhun tried to keep his cool and hide away his nervousness as Hyomin placed her hand in his.

Hyomin stood up, dusted herself off, and quickly began packing her carry on. At this point passengers have already began to exit the aircraft and soon it would just be her in the plane if she didn't pick up the pace. She shoved everything into her small purse and scolded herself for trying to squeeze all her things into such a small purse in the first place. While she was preoccupied, she had forgotten all about a certain male idol waiting patiently beside her. 

"Do you need help with anything?" Nichkhun asks smiling as she fussed with her purse.

Hyomin's head shot up and turned towards Nichkhun, it seems as though she always forgets he's there. "Oh! sorry Nichkhun-Sshi, I was so focused on getting my things packed I forgot about you" She laughed and scratched the back of her head in embarassment,

"No it's fine, you seem really rushed. I can help if you like" Nichkhun, being the gentleman he was wanted to help her out as much as possible. Common courtesy, right? at least that's what he thought.

"Uhhhm, I think I'm just about done!" Hyomin smiled."You know, you didn't have to wait for me. Chansung already left the plane, shouldn't you go with him?" She showed her concern as she did not want Nichkhun to be stranded in the airport because of her. 

"Nah, he knows to wait. If he does happen to leave me behind, I can just catch a cab back to the dorm and give him a good beating for ditching me." Nichkhun showed an example of how he would treat Chansung if he was left behind back at the dorm, placing an imaginary head into a headlock and nuzzling the top with his knuckles.

"Where do you get all this energy from? " Hyomin looked at him strangely and laughed. Picking up her purse, she began walking towards the plane exit. "Don't hurt him too much, he must be tired like the rest of us." She looked back at Nichkhun who was only a few paces behind her.

Nichkhun gave a slight nod in response and followed Hyomin out of the airplane. Turns out they ended being the last passengers to leave the plane in their section. 

As they were walking down the tunnel leading from the plane to the airport building, Nichkhun could feel his heart beating as he quietly walked practically beside Hyomin. He could not explain the feeling that he was experiencing. He did not want to jump to conclusions stating he was in love with Hyomin since they just recently got to know each other, but what he was feeling was certainly ... different. 

Hyomin walked as if minding her own business and paying as little attention to Nichkhun striding beside her. There were a lot of handsome idols in the k-pop industry, but Nichkhun seemed to be a different type of handsome. He not only was physically handsome, but also handsome in  personality. He waited for her in the plane where he could have just left, offered to help her pack, and even lent his shoulder to her when she fell asleep in the plane. She denied being in love with Nichkhun, but she had to admit that he was...interesting.

=============================

Nichkhun and Hyomin went to gather their luggages at the appropriate pick ups, which was not hard since their lugagges were one of the few left of the conveyor  belt. They got the luggage and began making their way to the airport exit in silence. 

It was early in the morning for Korea, so luckily there were not many fans anticipating their arrival. Hyomin had a schedule in a few hours, while Nichkhun was free until the evening. At this point they both just wanted to rest for as long as they could. 

"HEY! KHUNNIE!" 

Nichkhun looked towards to exit to see Chansung waving towards him trying to get his attention. 

Nichkhun and Hyomin both heading for the same direction walked up to Chansung. 

"Hey, you waited!" Nichkhun broke into a smile and opened his arms wanting to give Chansung a big bear hug to show his love.

"Hey! lay off" Chansung laughed and he fought off Nichkhun's assault.

Hyomin looked at the two and laughed. She knows it is rude to leave without saying hellos and goodbyes, but she didn't want to ruin the moment. She spotted her van and decided to continue walking towards it. She planned on saying sorry for secretly leaving the next time they met, which would be who knows when.

Nichkhun forgot about his assault on Chansung when he saw Hyomin walking away towards her van. He didn't know why she didn't say goodbye to him before leaving, but a part of him didn't want her to disappear like that on him. He wanted to shout a goodbye, but that would be rude so early in the morning and by the time he had noticed, she was already too far to catch up with. 

"What are you looking at dude?" Chansung poked Nichkhun's face to grab his attention. "You look spaced out."

"ahhh...I saw someone I knew and wanted to say hi, but it looks like I was too late" Nichkhun lied. He didn't want to tell Chansung about Hyomin since he would tell the other members and they would about it for eternity.

"Oh, well better luck next time then buddy, text them saying you saw them or something." Chansung patted Nichkhun on the back and turned around to head towards their van. "let's go, Manager is waiting for us, you took FOREVER!" Chansung said as he rushed towards the car.

Nichkhun followed slowly behind mentally scolding himself. "I forgot to get her number, damn it!"  

He thought back to when all the idols were exchanging numbers with one another on the thrid day of the trip. He didn't get Hyomin's number since she wasn't there. At the time he didn't think much of it since there would be another chance, but right now he was really regretting it. 

Nichkhun started to feel a strange feeling well up inside of him. He couldn't really tell what it was, maybe he was just tired. The he started to think and the only thing or should he say person that he could think of was Hyomin. He did not understand what was coming over him, but for some reason he felt ... incomplete? .. no perhaps... lonely?

Nichkhun shook his head "That's not it" he denied. " It's probably just me feeling uneasy about the unfufilled goodbyes between us." He continued to believe that he just felt uneasy and entered the van.

he closed his eyes and slept throughout the whole ride back to the dorm.

===================================

Hyomin sat uneasily in the van as she twidled her thumbs. She was regretting not saying a proper goodbye to Nichkhun and greeting Chansung at the airport before she left.

"Babo. Why didn't you just go up to them and say hi and goodbye." She knocked herself on the head and shifted in her seat to lean against the window.

Hyomin's Manager looked at Hyomin through the rearview mirror with concern.

"Hyomin-Sshi, are you not feeling well? You don't look too good, can you still do your schedule in a few hours?" Hyomin's Manager asked.

Hyomin looked up surprised and shook her head from side to side. 

"No, I'm perfectly fine! Just a bit tired that's all.. don't worry, I can still do my next schedule!" Hyomin held her fist by her face to give a sign of 'fighting!' to reassure her worrisome Manager. 

"Alright, if you say so, just don;t complain to me later on." Hyomin's Manager's sighed with relief and warning. 

"I'm fine, just need a little sleep that's all.." Hyomin trailed off pretending that she was falling asleep and closed her eyes. She rested her head on the window and heard her manager chuckle as he saw her "fall asleep"

But instead of being asleep, Hyomin was in deep thought. 

"Why do I feel all weird all of a sudden? I wasn't like this before when I was with Nichkhun..." Hyomin was puzzled. She had felt this feeling before, but she does not exactly remember when or why. She simply could not put a finger on it. 

"Maybe the guilt is getting to me.... or maybe I feel lonely?" Hyomin was now confused. Why would she be lonely? she has her friends, family, and group members who were like sisters to her. There was no need to feel lonely. 

"I think I've been away from the members for too long.. eheh" Hyomin smiled at the thought of her 'sisters'. They have spent so much time with each other for the past 2 years, it's no wonder she misses them by now. 

As Hyomin eventually started to finally fall asleep for real, one last image popped into her mind. The image was of Nichkhun smiling at her with his gentle gaze. Before Hyomin could even come up with a reason as to why he appeared in her mind, she had fallen into a light slumber.

To be continued...

 

A/N: woooo! finally updated the story! I hope you enjoyed the slightly longer chapter this time around ~ I usually type out my stories late at night or in the early,early morning before I go to sleep, so excuse any grammarical errors it was really never my forte to begin with :P I tried placing a bit more detail in this chapter and have changed my writing style. I'm not easily pleased so excuse me if I constantly play around with my writing style. I'll try keeping it consistent! 

What do you think of this chapter? going a bit too slow? or a bit too fast? just let me know your overall thoughts in the comments. Thanks for the support! :) See you in the next chapters ~