The Gift of Time to Sooyoung: SooWook

The Gift of Time (a sequel to If Only There's a Time Machine)

I just went home from work. It’s already late and I am so tired. I put down my bag and sat on the couch. My head is in pain. The first thing that caught my attention was the telephone. I remember the person whom I always talk to on the phone before. He’s the one who can make me laugh and can remove the tiredness I felt from working through our conversations on the line. But these past few months, I have never received any calls from him anymore. Why? Because he doesn’t know me, or more appropriate term is that he can’t remember me. Thanks to me he suffered from amnesia. Thinking of that matter just makes me more miserable. I’ll just sleep here in the couch. I’m too tired to go upstairs to my room.

After some minutes of sleep, Sooyoung heard a very disturbing noise

Oh! It’s just a thunder. It just made my headache worse. I again close my eyes, but I can’t sleep. I stood up and went to the kitchen to get some water. After pouring water in the glass, I heard a voice.

“Different stories, all have the same ending; TRAGEDY”

 The glass slipped from my hand because of my shock. I was very scared.

“Who..who are you?”

“If I will give you a chance, will you go back in time? A second chance to correct your mistakes and I’m giving it to all of you. Just say the day from your past and I will bring you back there, through a time machine” it spoke once again.

“What are you saying? Stop scaring me” just then, there was an occurrence of a very bright light and another thunder. I close my eyes.

When I opened them, I was sitting in a chair surrounded by clocks.  I tried to get off of the lock in my hands but they were too tight. The voice speaks one more time.

“State that day in your past and you will be back there. Just remember, this is only one chance”

After hearing that, I became calm. There’s something telling me about a time machine.

“I want to go back to that day when Ryeowook saved me” I answered and close my eyes.

…………………………………………..

The time I opened them, I am in my room. Who brought me here? Because as far as I remember; I slept in the couch. What the hell happened?? Then my phone suddenly rang. One of my friends in my job is calling.

“Yeobeoseyo?”

“Sooyoung where the hell are you?!”

“In my house, why are you angry?”

“Because you should be here now. The shooting is about to start. Act fast!” then I heard the loud banging when she put down the phone. What’s with her? Shooting? We don’t have a shooting today. We were already done with that. I remember that because that’s also the day when Ryeowook  was in that accident. Wait, could it be?? I checked for the date. No way!

My cellphone beeped and the message came from Ryeowook.

Sooyoung … I’m sorry. I’ll wait for you

Ryeowook still remember me and this is also the same text message he sent to me before. This only really means one thing. I really went back in time! Last night was not just a dream.  I started to jump and jump because of happiness only to stop because of the fact that I’m already late for my job.

“Ok, you may not lose Ryeowook this time but you might lose your job” I told myself. I ran to the bathroom and took my bath. After that, I dressed up and fix myself. I hurriedly ran inside my car and went off. Forget about breakfast.

I arrived at the studio and the whole crew was in chaos. They were very busy. Well, we are always been like this, there’s no need to be shock. I’m just standing there because I don’t know where to start. Then my friend that called me earlier pulled my arms.

“Less staring, more working”

Then she told me what to do. I started working. But I can’t concentrate on what I am doing. I’m waiting for someone because I know he will come here sooner. I keep looking at the door. Please, let him arrive soon.

After few minutes, my request was granted. I saw him entered the studio. Yes, finally. I saw him pacing back, forth, left, and right. He’s looking for me. Will I just run to him and just tell him I already forgive him? No, let him find me. But after a few minutes, for God’s sake he still can’t find me. I can’t wait anymore. I intentionally passed by in front of him. If he still didn’t notice me, I already don’t know what to do with him.

“Sooyoung!” he yelled. Yes! at last he saw me.

“Yes?” I asked as if I don’t know what he’s going to tell me.

“I’m so glad you didn’t ignore me. This is for you” he gave me flowers and a note that says “I’m sorry”

“You are forgiven”

“Really?” he asked in disbelief

“You don’t like it? well then I guess…” I started to walk away but I’m just kidding.

“No, no, no. Of course I like it. Thank you” we were about to hug when my friend suddenly appears

“Reserve the hug later. The crew needs you” she told me.

“Go, I will just wait you here” Ryeowook said. I smiled at him and walked away with my friend.

We went to a corner and there we studied the script.

“You know what, you are so lucky having that guy. You can hardly find someone who’s very patient like him. You are out of your mind if you will let go of that kid” she suddenly said. I know he’s talking about Wookie.

“I know” then I look at where Ryeowook was standing and smiled.

“I hope all the props and the set are on great shape” I saw my companion said. Then, I remember about the chandelier. It is placed above where Ryeowook is standing. It will fall sooner or later.

“Ryeowook, walk away from that place!” I shouted

“Why?”

“Just do it” he followed me and went ahead to the opposite corner away from that spot.

Just then the loud crashing of the chandelier was heard. The crews were very shocked. Of course I’m not shock since I already know that will happen. While the others checked the crash, I went to Ryeowook.

“Are you okay?”

“Of course, thanks for giving me the warning. But, how did you know that will fall?”

“Um…. Because….of my instincts. Yes, instinct!” It will be weird if I will tell him the truth that I went back in time.

“Well thank you instinct. You saved my life” he joked.

“My instinct said you’re welcome” I said the laugh. “I’m hungry” I continue

“Then, let’s eat after work” he said then hug me. “Let me just continue what your friend interrupted earlier” he’s talking about the hug. I left him for a while and went to my stuffs. While searching for something in my bag, I found a pocket watch. I easily get what it meant.

“A souvenir from time. Thank you” I said to myself.

I also remember about the job interview. The company gave me another chance. But I will not accept it this time. I’m already happy in my work and of course I’m happy because Ryewook’s there for me. He saved me before, I saved him today. I’d rather forget about my pride than to let someone forget about me just because of not forgiving. That’s the lesson I learned.  Well, every mistake and regret have some lesson to give. I’m just lucky for having a chance to correct it.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

SOOWOOK! My update is kind of late and I'm sorry for that. I'm working on something and I'm also busy in school. This is the 7th story. Two stories left. Please comment and subscribe. Pleaaassee. Thank you!!