The Gift of Time to Hyoyeon: HyoHyuk

The Gift of Time (a sequel to If Only There's a Time Machine)

It's already late in the evening. I'm still counting the money we earned from selling in the market. I'm happy that our business is really doing great. I'm happy, but not that entirely happy. I still remember the guy that I hurt before. The guy whom I lied by telling that I don't love him anymore, which was a really big lie. I realized now that I became a coward, but I can't do anything now. It already happened. After counting our earnings, I decided to have my sleep. It's been a tiring day for me.

Hyoyeon’s sleep was interrupted by a loud noise

I woke up because I heard that very disturbing noise. I was very irritated. I tried to sleep again. I already turned into many different sleeping positions but still, I can’t sleep. I decided to sit in one corner. I was very shocked when I heard someone out of nowhere.

“Different stories, all have the same ending; TRAGEDY”

“Who are you?” I asked. To my surprise, I’m not scared. I don’t know why but I think this voice has something to do with me.

“If I will give you a chance, will you go back in time? A second chance to correct your mistakes and I’m giving it to all of you. Just say the day from your past and I will bring you back there, through a time machine”

I was still going to ask something when another thunder occurred together with a really bright light. In instinct, I closed my eyes.

When I opened my eyes, I am in a place full of clocks. Clocks there, clocks here, I am also locked in a chair. I heard the voice again.

“State that day in your past and you will be back there. Just remember, this is only one chance”

Is this true? I believe it. There’s no point for me to doubt anymore because I know that I really need what it is offering me right now, and so I answered it.

“I want to go back to the day where Eunhyuk’s mom discouraged me” I close my eyes

…………………………………………

When I opened them back, I am back in my room. I immediately looked for the calendar to know the date. After seeing it, I made a loud scream.

“YEEEESSSS!!!” I can’t control myself to be happy. I am back in time. This is my chance to be back with Eunhyuk. This is the second and only chance.

The door opened and my mother entered

“Is there anything wrong?? I can hear your scream there outside” my mother asked worriedly.

“No mother, there’s nothing wrong. Everything is so right” I answered with a wide smile and then hurriedly went out of my room.

“That girl is out of her mind” I heard my mom said. I just ignored it. I really can’t explain how happy I am. Then something popped in my mind.

“Don’t be so happy Hyo, you still have a mistake to correct” I told myself.  I remember the reason why am I back here, and that’s because I need to correct my mistakes and win back Eunhyuk.

That afternoon, I am in the market helping my mom. I am preparing for my meeting with Eunhyuk’s mom. I think of my answers very well. I should make the right decision now.

I heard the arrival of her car. I was right because I saw her come out of it. She approached me.

“I believe you are Hyoyeon. I’m Eunhyuk’s mother. I heard that you and my son are going out. Having dates in an…old train station. I don’t like you for him. What I want for my son is someone sophisticated and someone my family can be proud of. Not just some vendor he met in the train station. If you really love Eunhyuk, stay away from him. I’m warning you, I will only make you miserable if you insist. I already picked and arranged someone for him and I don’t want someone like you to ruin it”

Before she gracefully turned her back to me, I started to speak up

"But what if I don't want to stay away from him?" I said bravely

"As I said, I will only make your life miserable" she said using a much harder tone

"Madam, your son loves me and I love him. It's his choice not yours"

"You impolite lady! I am still his mother and I can still control him. I don't want to waste my time here anymore." she then turned her back to me and went back to her car.

I am relieved. I can't believed I just argued with Eunhyuk's mom. She really wants to come between me and her son. I won't let her this time. I need to see Eunhyuk.

The next day I met with him in the train station. As I entered the place, I already saw him.I have this urgent feeling and I immediately run towards his direction. I am already close until I........

"AHHHHH!" I tripped. For goodness sake! Why do I still have to trip? Then I hear someone coming near me.

"Hyoyeon are you okay?" I look up to see that it is Eunhyuk. I immediately hug him.

“I miss you so much” I can’t help to say.

“It’s not like it’s been a year since we didn’t see each other” he laughed. I released him from my hug.

He help me to stand up. As soon as we sat, I begin what I want to say.

“Your mom came to me yesterday”

“Let me guess, did she ask you to stay away from me?” he asked.

“Yes, she also said that she already arranged someone for you”

“Well, I don’t like that someone. I want this other someone right in front of me right now.”

I smiled. He has always been this sweet. Why did I ever avoid him before?

“Eunhyuk, why do you love me? Well, there are many other girls there that are with the same state with you. Why choose someone that’s just a vendor in the market?”

“Because you’re different. I don’t care if you’re just a vendor in the market. I like you for who you are, not your job.”

“But how about your mom?”

“We will talk to her.”

“She will not like me. It’s impossible to change her decision”

“There’s nothing impossible unless we try. Besides, I will do my best to change her thoughts about you”

Oh my God, why did I ever choose to let him go before? If I just did this before then I will never have a problem. Stupid me! but never mind, I have this chance to make it all right.

The next day, we went to their house. It’s time to face his mother.

“Hey son and………… why is she here?” she pointed at me.

“Because I love her” Eunhyuk said immediately.

“Eunhyuk, you know what I want for you right? She’s not the right girl for you.”

“For your perspective she’s not, but for me she is. I’m sorry for the disrespect mom but I’ve got to fight for what I love. You may be my mom but I have my own heart and mind”

His mom was about to slap him and so I immediately went in front of Eunhyuk and I caught the slap. I don’t want to see him hurt by his own mother.

“Hyoyeon!” Eunhyuk approached me. “Mom, if you’re not gonna accept her for me, then forget that I’m your son.” We left the house immediately.

"Why did you do that Hyuk? I mean, she will hate you"

"If I really mean something to her as her son, it won't take a day to change her mind. Let's just wait until she finally realizes what she did. As for now, I want to be with you"

"Thank you Eunhyuk. Thank you for loving someone like me"

I grabbed my bag and found a pocket watch there, which I don't remember that I have. Then one thing popped up in my mind. It is time. I lay my head on Eunhyuk's shoulder. I saw him smile at me. I am so happy that I made this second chance worth it. I learned that instead of giving up, it is better to fight for what you want. And this guy beside me right now, he fought for me. That's why I love him. Thank you time. Thank you so much.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Ohhhhh, more dramas. Don't give up to easily.  HyoHyuk the fighting team! :D Sorry for the late update by the way. Thank you for your comments and subscription. Hoping to see more. Wait for the remaining stories. Kamsa :)))