The Gift of Time to Tiffany: SiFany

The Gift of Time (a sequel to If Only There's a Time Machine)

I look at the folders on my table. I still have a lot of work to do. Being a president of a company is very tiring especially when there's no one there to comfort you. I remember the thing that I tradede for this job. It's my heart. I left Siwon because I chose this job and my family; my family that planned my life not thinking if I like it or not. I am still here in my office because I need to finish all these documents. But I really feel sleepy. My mind is so tired and same with my body. Maybe just a short nap can help.

After some minutes of sleep, Tiffany heard a loud noise

Uh! Thunder! I hate hearing that. I tried to sleep once more but I can't. I decided to just use my time by finishing my paper works. My documents were blown by wind from the window that I forgot to close. I stoop up and began picking them up but only to dropped it all again when I heard a mysterious voice.

“Different stories, all have the same ending; TRAGEDY”

“Who are you? What is happening?” I tried to stay calm. I heard it spoke again

“If I will give you a chance, will you go back in time? A second chance to correct your mistakes and I’m giving it to all of you. Just say the day from your past and I will bring you back there, through a time machine”

Then a thunder was heard again together with a bright light that made me close my eyes.I woke up and I don’t recognize this place. This place is full of clocks. Time was everywhere.

“Where am I?” I asked.

“State that day in your past and you will be back there. Just remember, this is only one chance” The voice spoke once again.

I might be crazy by thinking this, but is this a time machine?? I hope it really is. There’s nothing wrong in hoping. I thought of the date and answered.

“I want to go back to the day of the gathering. The day when my dad started to convince me to stay away from Siwon” then I closed my eyes.

……………………………………..

I woke up and found myself in my room. Wait? Why am I in my room? I suppose to be in my office. I ran down the stairs and found our maids very busy preparing something. My dad was there instructing them. I approached him and asked.

“Dad, what are they doing?”

“They are preparing the clothes and other things we will use for the gathering? Don’t you remember? We were invited to a gathering this night. A gathering of all the most influential families in the town”

I ran upstairs and look at the date. Then I remember what happened last night. I was really in a time machine! I went back on the day that I asked for. That’s why I woke up in my room instead of waking up in my office. Then I remember Siwon. This is my only chance of taking back the mistake I made before. And I promise that this time, I will fight for Siwon.

At lunch time, I decided to talk to my dad. I know Siwon will be there in the gathering later so I started my plan.

"Dad, there's something I was hiding from you. I already have a boyfriend"

"Just be sure that he's suited for you and I will not have a problem with him."

"You will meet him later in the gathering"

"Really? In what family does he came from? It must be very influencial like us"

"You will found out later dad"

Later that night, we went to the gathering. I immediately search for Siwon.

"Tiffany you're here!" I heard someone from my back. It is Siwon. I don't know but I suddenly had the urge to hug him. Maybe because of the fact that I really miss him.

"Wow, that's a tight hug" I released him from my hug. "I want you to meet my dad"

He introduced me to his dad just like what he did before. I spotted my dad walking towards us. Ok, I already know what will happen.

"Dad, this is Siwon, my boyfriend. I suppose you already know in what family did he came from" I can see that he is angry because of his expression.

"Tiffany, get in the car. We will leave" He grabbed my arms and I can feel the pain because of his tight grip.

"Sir, you are hurting your daughter" Siwon noticed it.

"Don't you dare tell me what to do? Stay away from Tiffany!" my father told Siwon.

We immediately left the party. As we reached home, I already know what he will do so I decided to be the first one to talk.

"What are you going to do now dad? You're going to slap me? Come on, do it" I can see that he became angrier than before. He didn't slap me because he knew that I'm expecting it.

“What do you think you’re doing? You just get into a relationship with our business competitor’s son”

“I know”

“You know but then you still insisted! Break up with him as soon as possible. I don’t want you to be involve with him anymore”

“You’re not going to manipulate me this time dad” before he could slap me again, I already left him and ran upstairs.

I disobeyed him, just like what I did before. I still continue my relationship with Siwon. I’m not afraid of the consequences anymore. I don’t care about the business. I will not make the same mistake twice.

One day, I went home and saw my dad clutching his fist with anger. Maybe he already found out what I did. He welcomed me with a slap.

“Don’t you think I know what you’re doing huh? You’re still with him. You disobeyed me. I hired someone to look after you and gave me the news about your foolishness.”

“I told you dad. I will not let business come in our way”

“I’m telling you, if you don’t break up with that guy. You will not heir anything and we will never accept you as our daughter anymore”

"So what! I never felt like I am your daughter. You always command me what to do. All these years I always follow you, but not this time.I'm sick of it!" Then I began to cry.

Certain emotions take over my heart. I continue talking.

"Dad....... when will you ever let me decide what I want? I really thought that I was perfect before under your control but I was far from that. This is my life. Please remember that I'm your daughter. Is business more important for you than me?" I can see the transformation of his face. His dark angry expression became soft.

"I'm so sorry Tiffany. I never thought that I became that dictator in your life. Will you ever forgive me?"

"Ofcourse, but please accept Siwon for me"

“If that’s what you want” then he hugged me. I never thought I will be able to make my dad like this. I’m so happy. Not only did I fight for Siwon but I also fight for my feelings as a daughter.

The next day, I invited Siwon in our place for dinner. I want him to meet with my dad.

“I’m sorry for getting between you and Tiffany. I guess I will just forget about my business pride. Just promise me to not hurt her and always take care of her.” My dad told Siwon.

“I promise sir, I won’t disappoint you”

My dad and Siwon really get along that day. I’m so happy that the 2 most important men of my life is now on good terms. After the dinner, my dad left us to attend something that left me and Siwon alone. Siwon and I went to the porch. I was looking at the beautiful night sky.

"I can be the happiest lady now. This already seems to be perfect for me. I never thought I could be that brave enough. I'm so happy that I fought for you.I won't let business comes in our way again"

I stopped and wait for his response. I didn't hear a word from him.

"Are you even listening?" I asked. I turned my attention to him and Oh My God!! Could it be?? Siwon is kneeling on the ground and he was holding a small box.

"Tiffany Hwang.." He opened the box and revealed a beautiful ring. "Will you marry me?"

"Do I have to think twice? Of course YES!" he stood up and hugged me.

I felt something in my pocket. I pick it and it was a pocket watch. How did it get in my pocket? I never have a pocket watch. And then I remember time. Maybe this means that I have succeeded to correct my mistakes. This is a gift, a gift from time. I’m so thankful for giving me a chance to have my happy ending. Now, I can call myself as Siwon’s future wife. As I said awhile ago, I can be the happiest lady now. Thank you for giving me a chance on a time machine.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

SiFany!! So far, the four stories have happy endings. Hmmm, I wonder what will be the fate of the remaining five girls. Kekeke. Tiffany was so brave!!! By the way, I am so happy because of the increase on the number of my subscribers. Thank you much. Please wait for the other stories. Keep subscribing and please, please,please.... comment. Kamsa!!!