The Gift of Time to Seohyun: SeoKyu

The Gift of Time (a sequel to If Only There's a Time Machine)

I kept myself busy by just looking outside the windows. The place is so quiet and the wind is blowing really hard. I was about to go to bed when the vase that was placed on top of the cabinet fell. I bent to pick it up. As I was about to stand, a familiar box caught my attention. I looked inside it only to regret why I ever decided to open it. This box cotains pictures, compilation of my pictures shot by none other that Kyuhyun. The box also contains a camera. This was Kyuhyun's gift to me before. I weakly let go of the camera and hide the box. I want to sleep. I want to forget the past even just for how many hours. I want to forget that Kyuhyun is blind.

Seohyun was awaken by a thunder after some hours of sleeping

The sound of thunder always gives me a shock. After some time, I lay down again but this time I can’t sleep. Then someone speak from nowhere.

“Different stories, all have the same ending; TRAGEDY”

“Who are you and what are you saying?” I said without any signs of being scared.

“If I will give you a chance, will you go back in time? A second chance to correct your mistakes and I’m giving it to all of you. Just say the day from your past and I will bring you back there, through a time machine” it spoke once again.

“Time machine?!!” I felt some mix emotions. But before I could speak anything more, there was again a thunder and a bright flashing light. I closed my eyes due to it.

Next thing I know, I was sitting in a chair surrounded by clocks. This place puzzles me. I heard the voice.

“State that day in your past and you will be back there. Just remember, this is only one chance”

There’s nothing to lose if I will try and maybe I can also gain something, so I answered.

“I want to go back to that day of the incident” then I close my eyes.

……………………………………………………………………

I am back in room when I open my eyes. I saw something in the table beside my bed. It is an invitation to some musical. Then, my eyes widened. This is my very first musical. The day was stated there and I confirmed that last night was not just a dream, it is true.

I went downstairs and there I found my parents. Pshhh! They are really busy, as always. Busy about the business. I greeted them good morning and went to sit on the dining table.They greeted back without looking at me. They’ve always been like that. That’s the reason why I decided to ran away before because I thought that they don’t love me. But I am not gonna do that again, for Kyuhyun’s sake.  I remember about the musical, I guess nothing will change so I decided to ask them… again.

“Mom, Dad, I would like to know if you want to accompany me in the stage musical. I’m one of the casts and it would be nice to see someone watching there for me”

“Sorry Seohyun, but we will be both busy with the business” I quietly stood up and went back to my room.

I was not affected anymore by what my parents had said. I just want to be happy right now because I know that Kyuhyun is not blind…… well, probably because I went back in time. Ok, this is just simple. All I have to do is not to think of running away anymore and everything will be alright. I just stood there quietly. What am I gonna do now?? I want to….. I want to see Kyuhyun. I immediately took a bath and dressed up, without even saying goodbye to my parents who were in the living room. They didn’t notice me anyway.

I went directly to Kyuhyun’s place. I saw him and he was entertaining his customers in the shop. I looked at him with full happiness. Those eyes, they have vision. He can still take pictures. The customers left and he saw me. He approached me and gave me a hug. I hugged him back. Oh! I am so happy to see him. He released me from the hug and offered me to sit.

“Why didn’t you call me that you will come? Do you want anything? Drinks?” he asked.

“No, I am ok. I just want to come here to see you”

“Really? That’s flattering. By the way, I already cancelled my appointments to watch the musical”

“That’s good. Thanks. I know I can always count on you. At least I know that there will be someone there to support me”

“Why? Didn’t you ask your parents about it?”

“I did. But they can’t come. They are too busy with business, but it’s ok. I am used to it. They’ve always been busy with business that sometimes it became more important than me but I know it’s for my own good.”  He kept his eyes on me and held my hands.

 “I can see that you are still sad. I know you also need their time and attention. Did you ever tried telling them?” I didn’t respond but he can guess that it is a no.

“Why don’t you try? You’re their daughter and you need them. It is you right to be love by your parents”

“I will just think of that later. For now, I just want to stay and hang out here. Can I?”

“Of course you can. Just wait here, I will just go and buy us some food”

I nodded. He kissed my forehead before heading to the door and left. While waiting, I went to his desk. My heart was touched when I saw my picture beside his computer. I am glad to be back with him again with no pain of seeing him suffering. I sat on his chair and decided to just wait for him. After 30 minutes, he's not yet back. I can feel that my eyes were becoming tired. They wanted to close, though I insisted to stay awake. But then I decided to sleep. Maybe he'll be here soon.

...........................................................................

I can feel someone shaking my shoulders. I woke up and I found Kyu. Oh, he's back.

"What took you so long?"

"Ahm...the...the line was long so it took me more minutes to buy food. I'm sorry for making you wait. By the way, let's eat. I bet you're hungry"

"Okay?' I can sense that he's hiding something, but then I swept out that thought and decided to just enjoy his company.

After eating, we watched some DVDs then we just shared interesting conversations. Kyuhyun keeps taking pictures which really amused me. The whole time was really fun. I went home with a very wide smile in my face. I went inside and the first thing I saw was my parents. That’s really strange, because I thought they will still be in the office at this time. They always go home late.

“Seo baby your back. Where did you go? You seem happy. By the way, what time is your musical?”

“9 am. Ahm.. if you’ll excuse me I will go upstairs. I’m really tired” I went towards the stairs and go up to my room.

I am really confused of their actions. I just decided not to think of it anymore.

………………………………………….

The day of the musical arrived, I am in the backstage and I’m really nervous. The moment I went up the stage, I immediately search for Kyuhyun. I was very happy when I found him and saw that he was smiling while staring at me. Then suddenly, I saw him look at his phone and immediately went outside. At first, it’s like I wanted to cry thinking that he left and he won’t watch anymore. But then the door opened and he entered back which made me felt relieved. But what makes me shock were the persons who entered next and followed him to the seats.

They were my parents. I can’t explain how happy I am at that moment. I was very inspired the whole performance and I really did well. It’s all because the persons I love were there to support me. After the performance, I met with my parents and Kyuhyun backstage. My parents immediately hugged me.

“We are so proud of you Seohyun. If you’re confused why and what changed our mind of attending, well, you better ask your boyfriend over here. We are very sorry for ignoring you and focusing more on the business. It’s for your own good but from now on, we will also find time for you. Okay, I think you and Kyuhyun here have some things to talk about, so we will wait for you outside”

"Thanks mom, thanks dad"

They went ahead and left me and Kyuhyun. I raised an eyebrow on him while he was just looking up while smiling.

"What did you do?" I asked.

"Well, remember when I went out to buy us some food, it took me long right? That's because after buying food, I went to your house and talked to your parents. I explained about what you feel towards them and the lack of attention they were giving. They realize it and so they decided to attend here to support you"

"You did that for me? You don't know how much you made me happy tonight. Thank you Kyuhyun"

"Thank me by giving me a hug" he opened his arms signaline me to hug him. I laughed of his childishness. I hugged him so tight and we end up laughing together.

"Let me take a picture" I smiled sweetly with him on my side. He accompany me to get my bag in the waiting room.

Suddenly, I found a pocket watch when I opened my bag. When did I have a pocket watch? then I remember that there’s another thing I have to thank. Time, thank you so much. You let me give Kyuhyun’s vision back and at the same time, I have earned my parents attention, also thanks to Kyuhyun. Now, I can start to picture a very happy life with my parents and the man I love. I want to start capturing those happy moments.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Updated! Maknaes story. Good Luck capturing those moments. By the way, if you are wondering what does the pocket watch that all of them are receiving looks like, the main picture in the foreword shows it. Please subscribe and comment. Again, please comment. :) 3 stories left. Thanks!