Seven.

Beneath the Skin

 

7. Prolouge II

 

 

“Everything's fated,” an unwavering voice spoke, “and there's absolutely no way to escape from fate.”

“I'll go against Heaven's wishes,” she chuckled darkly, “ just wait and you'll see.” 

“You attempted but I spoilt your plan in the end,” the voice laughed mokingly, “can't you see that was all God's wishes?”

 

The only question Yoona wanted to ask her but didn't was,'did you ever regret', because she was certain she'd laugh at her before answering with a firm 'no'.

 

After all, Seohyun was a damned woman who lived and died with no regrets. 

 

“Don't you dare,” she threatened with her teeth gritted.

“I attempted, too, and look, I'm damned forever.” 

 

She knew she'd never obtain her dark magic or the dragon's power for it was over for the two. She didn't need them anymore. She had already gotten her revenge on the useless ruler, except that she had never expected Seohyun to be the sacrificial object of their fight. He was the reason that tore the sisters apart, and she wanted him dead.   

 

But she was sure Seohyun would never abandon or leave her because she was her one and only sister. A tear threatened to fall from her eyes but it wouldn't because Yoona was a woman with no tears and she would never cry. Slowly, Seohyun was slipping away, her vision blurred, and her heart ached.

 

If only...

 

Yoona abruptly woke up from her dream with the beads of perspiration trickling down her face. She vaguely remembered Seohyun's obscurely black hair that contrasted distinctively against her ghostly-pale face and her eyes that were dark and ironically clear stared into her own pair of doe-like eyes. But she swore she caught a glimpse of a smile that was small, beaten and yet genuine on her face. 

 

“I'm immortal,” she assured herself and ran a finger through her long, silky hair. 

 

She wore her usual expressionless face which nobody could read, but her fear was betrayed by her own fingers that were uncontrollably trembling. 

 

For her last words haunted her. 

 

 

“A forbidden woman,” the voice slowly faded away, “will remain forbidden.”

 

 

A/N: I'm finally done with the prolouge (part 1 and 2). This is officially the end of the background story, and marks the start of the real story. Did you realize that Luhan's not here yet? He's making his appearance in the story really soon! I was intending to reveal Yoona as Seohyun's sister in the subsequent chapters but guess not, 'cos there will be more surprises or twists behind. Let me emphasize again, Seohyun and Kris are both dead but it's not the end of them in the story because there's a darker past between the three. I shall not spoil the story here. Teehee, sorry for the suspense! So I hope you guys are still enjoying the story. Thank you for all your support!