Four.

Beneath the Skin

 

4. Intertwined Fate

 

 

She was nothing more than just a fair lady, when she was betrothed to the powerful ruler of the kingdom. He appreciated her stunning beauty, and she knew very well, as his wife, what she should do and what she should not.

However, for five years since she had entered the palace, she had not beared him any heir, which he had desired so much. It was not because she couldn't, but she simply refused to. She wanted to feel loved; just a pure affection from the King. A heir, she would not produce for him, for she knew he was only using her. And the livid King had exiled all of her family members, sparing no one in her family, leaving the Queen in ruins.

She was not weak, she never was. Her dark magic was a double edged sword; it was a blessing, and a curse as well. Right from the beginning, she never accepted her own fate; she wanted to rewrite her own destiny. She knew, she could never go against Heaven's wishes. She would never win. She knew her ending, she already knew. 

But still, she did. 

And, that was Seohyun's fate.

 

"She'll appear, and take you by surprise. Before you even realize, she would have sneaked away quietly."  

"When?" He gritted his teeth, clenching his fists tightly.  

"..."

"When will you ever produce a heir for me?"

"I will not." She stated firmly, glaring at him.

"If that's what you want, I won't force you." As merciless as he could be, Kris was a man of dignity and pride. "I'll have other women to produce a heir for me."

"You can't, I-"

"Tonight will be your last chance." He declared, coldly.

 

As soon as he stepped out of her chamber, she laughed. As her lower lips quivered, a single tear rolled down her cheeks.   

 

 

"The tea is cold." He spat out in disgust, as he summoned for his servant.

"Master, I'm terribly sorry." A young lady rushed in hastily. "I'll change it for you right away."

 

Kris was rather puzzled, as he had never seen her around in his palace before. She was unfamiliar. Her head was lowered down in fear, and and he could barely see her face.

 

"Stop." He ordered. "Raise your head up."

"Yes, Master." Her voice trembled. 

 

The servant did as he told, raising up her head slowly. There was slight tinge of blush pink on her cheeks as she looked at him bashfully. She had a porcelain-like complexion, complemented well with her large doe-like eyes that sparkled. Though she was dressed poorly as a servant, her soft, subtle beauty was not hidden at all.  

 

"What's your name?" He asked, with a smile on his place.

"Yoong, Master." She answered, as she lowered her head down again.

 

Doubtlessly, the King was struck by her delicate beauty. He had made up his mind that she will replace the Queen, and be the one to produce a heir for him. Tonight would be her last and only chance. 

 

 

And the forbidden woman had finally made her first move. 

 

 

A/N: Hello, are you enjoying the story so far? So after the character revealation, it's finally time to develop the plot and not to forget, romance! SeoKris <3 Seohyun actually do love Kris, just that she doesn't express it. And she longs for his love. But Kris, on the other hand, only care about having a heir and Seohyun refused. He's the ruler, how can he be defied, and by his own wife too. That explains their hatred. Moving on to Kris and his servant, will she produce the heir for him? Do look forward to the next chapter! Please comment  and subscribe! <3 

P.s. Congrats to all the readers who've guessed correctly :> But most importantly, is to be able to picture the characters and imagine them, that's why I try hard to describe and portray them well.