One.

Beneath the Skin

 

1. The Prophecy

 

Once upon a time, in a faraway land, there was a magical empire with ambitious clans that desired to hold the realm of kingdom. There were sorcerers, wizards, witches and most importantly, the elites of the elites who were the family clan leaders of dark magic and superpowers. To put it simply, they were legends. 

 

More than a century ago, Dragon’s Flight was the dominating clan, which was brilliantly led by a commanding yet charismatic young man, Kris. He was a fearsome creature with glittering scales, giant wings and fiery breath.  He had the claws and teeth of a tiger, face and horns of an ox, body of a snake, legs of a horse; he was a powerful dragon.

 

That day, the legendary clan leader had summoned her; someone who used to be a fair lady, someone who was feared by all, but ended up with nothing but in ruins. She was a captive, waiting for nothing but death.  

 

“The day will come.” She said with her eyes closed, and at the same time, taking in a deep breath to smell the air she never had once before.

“What?” He raised his eyebrow at her, with a tone of impatience.  

“It’ll take us all by surprise.” She continued, ignoring his words on purpose.    

Get straight to your point now. He glared at her impatiently, with a look of disapproval. “Or else, I'll never let you out of that damn room. Ever again.”

 

For once, someone wasn’t one bit fazed by the man's threat. Neither was she intimitated by his overwhelming authority at all. She had never once stepped out of her dark room, nor had she seen the world outside before. For there was no need to. She was incredibly pale and sickly malnourished, and her never ending hair that contrasted seemed too obscurely black. And, her crystal clear eyes, they were so mysteriously black that it sent shivers down one's spine. She could see the future, others could never see. She could see the future, others wanted to know badly. She could see the future, that was so bleak. She was a psychic, and she could see the world using her dark magic.

For she was a curse; an unbreakable curse.

 

“Under the wings you spread, the flames you spat-”   

“Who?”

“You can't defy heaven's wishes. You’ll be the one bringing down-”

“Get out.” He hissed in a dangerously low tone.  “Now.”

Her eyes remained cold as she said those words coldly yet sharply. “The kingdom will end in your hands-” 

“Shut up.” He was truly enraged. “You filthy one.”

 

The dragon on his temple began to move slowly. It had been said that one would meet his doom without a doubt, once the dragon on his temple revealed himself. But she was not afraid, for it wasn't her first time seeing it. She had seen it far too many times, and yet she was still alive. She opened her mysteriously dark eyes that pierced through him sharply, and for a moment, the dragon stopped moving.

She knew that the dragon that used to be so almighty was finally desperate, so desperate that it amused her. 

 

“Your fate is sealed.” She chuckled cynically, for she knew he was driven up the wall with no way to go.

 

Just then, a tight slap ran across her face and she fell hard. landing on the cold concrete ground. As she the blood that dripped from the small cut of , an evil snigger escaped from her blood-stained lips.

 

“You’re destined to fail.”

 

She did not forget to curse under her beath, as she was brutally dragged by his men, back to her confinement room, back to her darkness, and  not to forget, back to her hell.  

 

Tracing the glass with her long nails that were painted in deep red, she took a small sip of the wine slowly. Her tongue swept across her blood-red lips as she observed him cautiously from a distance, with her unwaveringly deep gaze. A crooked smile spread across her flawless porcelain-like face, showing an air of extraordinary arrogance and confidence.

This woman was no more than a merciless and hungry predator who was thirsty for blood, but she was more than ever determined to devour that one man up.

Kris was her next prey.

 

 

A/N: Hi everyone! Here's the first chapter of my first supernatural story! Yay <3 Basically, I'm just writing about the prophecy and it is like a prologue of the story. You'll see more of actions, violence and angst in the future. Anyway, I've not revealed much information about the main characters which is totally on purpose (: You can make your guesses on who's Yoona and who's Seohyun! Oh, and I'm sure you're dying to know who's the monster but he will not be appearing so soon. If you read the foreword, he's the Frankenstein of moden days, which also means that I'll be writing till modern times, with many more side characters, which will be revealed at a later time! So I hope you've enjoyed reading and feel free to comment! Don't forget to subscribe <3