Five.

Beneath the Skin

 

5. Fall 

 

 

Nothing that's worthwhile is ever easy. Remember that.

She knew that better.

 

Tonight was her one and only chance. Her plan that she had plotted for so long, was almost foolproof except for that one flaw. Ultimately, the final decision did not lie in Yoona, not Kris, but her. Seohyun was the one to determine the final outcome of her plan.

 

She could choose to remain silent. 

She could choose to leave him. 

She could choose to let that woman devour him.

She could choose to go along with the flow.

 

But she did not.

 

She chose to hint him.

She chose to stay with him. 

She chose to ruin her plan.

She chose to go against Heaven's wishes.

 

She chose to love him.  

 

 

"I'll bear a heir for you."

"You will?" Surprise was evident in his voice, for he had never expected someone as stubborn as her to give in him. 

"Yes." She gazed deeply into his eyes. 

"Why?"

 

Love needed no reasons. 

 

As silence enveloped them, she undressed herself in front of him slowly. He was aroused by her beauty; it was that very same pure beauty which had captivated him with when he first met her. She was so fragile. as if she would break if he just touched her slightly. But her skin was glowing, tempting him to touch her.

She was a beautiful woman.

She stepped towards him, tracing his angular features with her slender fingers gently. His gaze was deep, deeper than she had always imagined. His nose was sharp, sharper than she had always thought. His lips were red, redder than she had always expected.

She was nervous. She never thought that this day would come; at least not now.

Noticing her fear, Kris her hair tenderly, bringing her into an embrace. For the very first time in her life, she had felt his warmth. It was the warmth, she had been longing for deeply.

 

"You're beautiful," he tells her softly.

 

She didn't know if his words were true, but they felt warm. The rest of the night were spent in a shower of kisses, hugs, and warmth. She didn't regret at all.

She felt loved.

 

Ten months later, she gave birth to their son, the heir he had longed for dearly. Her hands were cold, her lips were pale, and she had no more strength. She knew death was coming for her. She knew.

As he embraced her tightly, she felt loved. And before she left the world, she mustered up all her strength just to whisper to him before her one last breath.

 

"I love you." 

 

And then, a tear fell on her face. It wasn't hers; it belonged to Kris. For a moment, she could feel the warmth of his tears. She did not fear death, not at all. At the very least, not her own death. 

Even till the end, she could not change her own fate. But she was happy to bring a life to the world, and most importantly, she had brought happiness to the man she loved. And more than anything else, she had protected him.

 

"I love you." He brought her closer to his body, which was warmer than hers. 

 

That three words brought a tear to her eyes. That three words were what she had been hoping to hear from him. That three words meant everything to her. And that three words had made her sacrifice worthwhile.

Safely wrapped in his arms, she gently closed her beautiful eyes.

Everything was now over. 

And, she left the world with a smile.    

It was her happy ending. 

 

That night, Yoona's plan failed. For Seohyun's undying love towards her husband had ruined her plan. She would not let it go, she would not give up. She would not. 

She gritted her teeth, clenching her fist tightly. 

 

"His heir." 

 

It was not over yet.

 

At least, not for Yoona.