Three.

Beneath the Skin

 

3. Chained, Cursed

 

 

His expression contorted to that of bewilderment, wrath and revulsion, upon hearing the words of his servant. The summon of almighty clan leader of Dragon's flight was refused, and of all people, she was the one who refused.

 

"She refused?" 

"Yes, Master Kris. She-"

"Useless."

 

He yelled in exasperation, as he harshly threw the cup of tea across the big palace he was in. His green veins were now evident, especially around his head and neck areas.  

 

"Master, I'm sorry. I'm really sorry. I-" The servant was quick to react to his anger, as he quickly got down on his knees, begging for forgiveness as he feared what might happen next.

"Get out now." He ordered, as his brows were knitted closely together.

"Yes, Master."

 

As he quickened his steps towards the door in relief, he was halted by his words, and almost instantly, he flinched distinctively.

 

"Wait." He said coldly. "And, what did that damn wretch say?"

"S-he said that y-ou c-an't ... defy Heaven's wishes." The servant closed his eyes tightly, waiting for his impending doom, as he caught a glimpse of the dragon on his forehead. 

 

It was a curse, or so he thought.

 

"Heaven's wishes?" He scoffed at him, with words dipped in sarcasm. A cynical smile crept up his face, forming along the contours of his red lips; and the servant knew it wasn't a good sign at all.

He was right, and that was the last image he saw before he lost his last breath.

 

 Nothing can harm me." He glared at the lifeless corpse in front of him. "And, no one can defy me." 

 Magestically and deafeningly, he declared. 

 

"Not even God."

 

And she was nothing but his slave. 

  

 

As she pictured the scene of the fall of Kris, she couldn't help but to laugh at the defeated expression on his bitter face. The dark room was filled with only her sly laughter that made the room even more creepier than ever.

For she knew that day was coming.

All of sudden, fragments of pictures flashed past her mind. She closed her eyes tightly, as she could feel the sharp piercing pain on her chest. It was a bloody image; she saw herself. In a mess, with a pool of blood beside her on the ground, it was a horrible sight. Blood had drained from her face, as she turned pale white. Suddenly, she opened her eyes, gripping her tightened chest as she took couple of deep breaths to calm herself doen.  

Was it just a horrible nightmare? She did not know.

 

Just then, a man had stormed into her room. Desperate, he was so desperate that he would enter such a filthy room she was in and allow himself to be associated with a filthy psychic. 

 

"Such an unexpected visitor I've here." She forced out a smile, as her heart was still beating fast from the earlier shock she had, though she was quick to recover from it. "I'm more than honoured, Kris."

"Tell me." He hissed as he grabbed her cheeks roughly, forcing her to look into his sharp eyes.   

"She's back." She whispered, as she opened her eyes slowly, waiting to be enveloped by the usual darkness in her room. "The woman is back."

"Who?"

"The forbidden woman."

"Who?" He repeated, not releasing his forceful grip on her. 

"Yoona."

 

He released his grip on her cheeks and took a few steps back. He thought she was dead, but now, she was coming back to get his life. For a moment, he was lost. And for the first time, the almighty dragon experienced a feeling he had never had experience with before.

Fear.

 

 

A/N: Hello, have you found out who's the psychic and stealer? Yes, Yoona is the stealer and Seohyun is the psychic. I'm almost done with the development of characters and I shall give you an analysis of them now. I shall start with Kris. He's the authoritative dragon, especially since he's the ruler of the kingdom. But there's one who would never submit to him - Seohyun. She's a prideful psychic, a very intelligent and sharp one. She knew he'd would not kill her because she's of very much use to him due to her dark magic. And as you can see how Kris would enter her filthy room, you'd know who truly has the upperhand. Then we shall move on to the mysterious stealer, Yoona. I've used two chapters to show that she's an unscrupulous and beautiful theif, but as you read on, you'll find out she's a very deep character in later chapters. You've to read closely because I've many subtle details here to reveal the plot.

That's it for the character analysis, and I do hope you've enjoyed reading. Don't foget to subscribe and comment!