seven&nine;

Best Friend

Best Friend - seven&nine

Taemin is the age that Kibum was when they first met when he realizes that they have a lot of differences.


"Hyung, why don't you ever play with me?" Taemin whines while rolling around in his backyard. Kibum is sitting on Taemin's patio, elegantly sipping on a cup of lemonade that Taemin's mother had made for them.

"What do you mean, Tae-ah? I play with you all the time," Key corrects and continues to take baby sips of his ice-cold drink.

"But you don't play with me," Taemin pouts and stops rolling to sit up and stare at his hyung.

"Cause you play in the dirt."

"It's fun to get dirty! Don't you think so, hyung?"

"No," Kibum sighs. "It is fun to stay inside the house and play with my toys."

"But you have girly toys," Taemin states sourly before lying back down to continue rolling around.

"I do NOT have girly toys! I have fun toys!"

"No! Your toys are pink! I have fun toys! But we never play with my toys! Why?" Taemin stops his rolling again to stand up and defy Kibum, who is now frowning.

"Fine! You want to play with your toys? We'll play with them!"

"Okay!" Taemin says excitedly, forgetting that he was just having an argument. "Wait here, hyung!"

They spend the rest of the afternoon playing with Taemin's toy cars and trucks, soldiers, and guns.

-

Taemin's parents are going to a work dinner so he's dropped off at Kibum's house for the evening.

"Kibum-hyung!" Taemin screams and runs to Kibum's room. He doesn't see him though so he settles on sitting on his pink bed to wait for the older boy.

A few seconds later, Kibum walks into the room, a heaping pile of his parent's clothing in his little arms.

"Tae-ah, you're here!" Kibum squeals and drops everything in his arms before running to give Taemin a bear hug. "I thought we could play Dress Up! Do you like Dress Up?"

Taemin shakes his head frantically.

"Lies!" Kibum gasps and clutches his heart with both hands. "You're lying, right, Tae-ah? Lying is bad. Bad, Tae-ah, bad."

Taemin shakes his head again. "Hyung, I wanna play boy games. Can we?"

"No! We're playing Dress up! You can be my husband, okay? I'll be your wife," Kibum promptly runs to the pile on the floor. "Look! I took my appa's pants. They're brown! I don't like brown, I like pink, but my appa don't have any pink clothes!"

Taemin surrenders, knowing he can't change Kibum's mind once he's made a decision. "I like brown."

Kibum stops digging through the pile to look at Taemin. "Ew! You like brown! Brown is ugly! Brown looks like, like, like poop!"

Taemin falls off the bed and onto the floor laughing, "Poop! You said poop! Pooop!"

"Tae-ah, stop laughing. That's not funny."

"Yes, it is! Poop!" Taemin cracks up even harder. Kibum frowns and his hips to the side, lips pursed.

When Taemin manages to stop laughing, he sits up. This time, Kibum starts laughing and Taemin can't figure out why.

"Why are you laughing? What?" Taemin whines but Kibum has fallen over the clothing pile, holding onto his stomach. Taemin frowns and crosses his arms, waiting for the older boy to stop.

Kibum sits up and sighs contently. "My husband has flying hair and he likes the color brown, which looks like poop."

Taemin's hands fly up to his head and sure enough, he can feel his hair sticking up every where. "Hyung, why didn't you tell me I have flying hair?"

"Cause you like the color poop!"

"Poop!" and once again, Taemin is on the floor laughing.

-

"Hyung! Look, umma and appa got me this cool game! You shoot at the monsters!" Taemin informs excitedly as Kibum enters his room and makes himself comfortable on his bed.

"Ew. My game's better," Kibum merely says before pulling out his own electronic gaming device and turning it on. Taemin stops his game and bounces over to his hyung to see his 'better' game.

"Why are you putting makeup on girls?" Taemin asks after watching his hyung play for five minutes.

"I'm making them pretty, Tae-ah."

"But they're already pretty!"

"No they're not!" Kibum disagrees and quickly swipes an eyeshadow color over the eyelid of the girl on his screen. "See! She's prettier now!"

"But she looks scary," Taemin says quietly, the bright blue color on the girl's eyelid scaring him a little.

Kibum suddenly pulls his gaming device to his chest, shielding it from Taemin's eyes. "You're still a baby, Tae-ah. You don't know."

Taemin pouts and goes back to his own game and the room is silent for the next thirty minutes. Taemin's mother comes up to check on them and is surprised to see them apart and not talking to each other.

"What's wrong?" she asks.

Kibum breaks first, "Taemin doesn't like my game and he said she's scary!"

Taemin sits shocked at the older boy's outburst.

Kibum suddenly starts crying and is picked up by Taemin's mother. "Mrs. Lee, I want to go home! Can I go home?"

"You sure, baby?" Kibum nods frantically. "Alright. I'll call your umma. Stay here, okay?"

Kibum sits back down on Taemin's bed and holds his game and jacket on his lap. Taemin bites his lip and moves to the older boy.

"Hyung," he tries.

"Go away."

"Kibum hyung."

"Go away, Taemin."

"Hyung, are you mad at me? I'm sorry!" Taemin starts crying also. Kibum hugs him and doesn't say anything.

When Taemin's mother comes back, the two boys are jumping around the room, playing Volcano.

"Kibum-ah, do you still want to go home?"

"No, Mrs. Lee! I want to stay here and play with Tae-ah!"

"Okay, baby. Be careful, okay? I'll go make some snacks."

"Okay!" both boys respond before continuing to jump around, avoiding the nonexistent lava.

-

"Hyung, why don't you marry Hyesun? She wants to play too but she don't have a husband," Taemin asks Kibum one day when they're playing at the park playground with the neighborhood children.

Kibum shrugs. "Do you want to be my husband, Tae-ah?"

"What? But boys are husbands to girls," Taemin frowns.

"Girls have cooties! I don't want to marry a girl! Never ever!" Kibum shouts and then runs off to the swings, leaving Taemin alone in the sandbox. He watches the older boy for a few minutes before his 'wife' Sora skips up to him and asks him hold their baby, which is just his jacket rolled up into a bundle. Taemin then becomes too busy being a father to worry about Kibum and his weird girl cooties.


"Umma, Kibum-hyung says girls have cooties and that he's never gonna marry one. What's wrong with girls, umma?" Taemin asks his mother later that day as she helps him take a bath.

"Nothing, baby. Kibum is just saying that. One day, he'll marry a beautiful girl and so will you, so don't worry about that, okay, baby?"

-

"I will never, ever, EVER marry a girl, Tae-ah!" Kibum insists while stomping his feet angrily.

"Hyung-"

"Tae-ah, will you marry me? Hm? Promise?" Kibum asks suddenly and sticks his pinky in Taemin's face.

"S-sure, hyung," Taemin stutters, intimidated by the finger that is threatening to poke him in the eye any second now.

"Tae-ah, I love you," Kibum smiles brightly and pulls the younger boy into a bear hug.


Taemin was the age that Kibum was when they first met when he realized that they have a lot of differences.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guise, guess what I discovered about myself? I'm a pushover. OTL

BUT I REGRET NOTHING.

Yay, I added another chapter to this~ Also, notice that I took 'Completed' away from the title. I'M JUST ASKING FOR TROUBLE, AREN'T I?

Oh well. I love you all too much to NOT add more TaeKey. There's not enough of them in the world ;.;

Anyway, I hope you like this chapter and I'll see you whenever~ maybe when I post that jonghyun&taemin reaction one-shot to Key's revenge. wait whut? I haven't even started writing it yet! OTL

BYE MY LOVELIES~

-hanny