twentyone&twentythree;

Best Friend

twentyone&twentythree;
Two decades and a year into life and Taemin finally discovers his happiness.


"Hey, Tae-ah," Kibum brushes his hand over Taemin's cheek gently to grab his attention.

"Hm?" Taemin hums, eyes trained on the essay on his laptop. He is now attending college and planning to major in dance. Kibum had decided to not go to college and instead just work his way up the ladder at the fashion magazine office. His boss likes him quite a bit, more than the others anyway, and Kibum has a good feeling that if he waits and works hard, he will be promoted to a better position someday.

"Next week marks our sixteenth year of being best friends," Kibum informs and slides into the chair beside Taemin, who's sitting at the kitchen table.

"Well, minus those couple years that you decided to be a diva and ignore me," Taemin teases with a pout. Kibum rolls his eyes and punches him on the arm gently.

"It was for a good cause, you brat."

"Sure, it was," Taemin smiles and pecks Kibum on the lips.

Two years and Kibum still isn't able to let Taemin be his lover. Well, in name, that is. They both know that, essentially, they're lovers but putting a name to it hurts too much and Taemin refuses to hurt the older boy.

"Having fun?" Kibum asks, gesturing to Taemin's essay.

"Yes, definitely," Taemin replies sarcastically. "Only four more pages to go." The cursor blinks mockingly at him.

Kibum scoffs, "Only, right."

"I'm tired of thinking," Taemin announces and shuts the lid of his laptop. "Let's watch a movie and snuggle or something."

"Fine, but I get to choose this time," Kibum says, already walking to the living room.

Taemin pouts. "But I wanna watch something cool."

"What? You want to work on your essay? Fine with me," Kibum calls from the living room.

Taemin flies to the couch and sprawls all over it. "No, thanks. I'm in a chick flick movie kind-of-mood today."

"Well then," Kibum pushes Taemin to the back of the couch before lying down in front of him, "that's too bad because we're watching a horror movie today."

"Thank goodness."

-

Taemin walks into the apartment after a long, tiring day of lectures and collapses onto the couch. He realizes a little too late that the apartment is completely dark and silent. Usually Kibum would be home by now.

He gets up and flicks various lights on as he goes further into the apartment. He stops by Kibum's room to see if he's home but is shocked frozen. There's a single lamp and a pig.

A pig that has wings and is dangling in mid-air.

    "Ugh, the one you're looking for is right here, you know!" Taemin yells from his position on the floor.

    "When pigs fly!" Kibum replies.

    "One day they will!"

    "Then wait for that day, we shall!"


"Um, Kibum?" Taemin asks quietly and looks around the room for the older boy.

"Happy sixteenth anniversary, boyfriend," Kibum whispers into his ear as his arms wrap tightly around his waist.


"So, where were you hiding?" Taemin asks as they're cuddling in bed.

Kibum scoffs, "Kitchen. Isn't it obvious?"

"Shut up," Taemin pouts then starts smirking cockily. "You know what this means, right?"

"What?" Kibum looks up at him, eyes wide and curious.

"I get to make love to my boyfriend."

"Uh, no," Kibum objects firmly.

"What? But you've been making me ually frustrated for sixteen years!" Taemin whines.

"Ew, Taemin. First of all, sixteen years ago, you were five. Second, you've been getting this for two years now, how can you be oh-so-deprived?"

"I love you, Kibum," Taemin whispers instead, choosing to not answer the older boy's question. "I love you so much."

Kibum's face softens and he reaches up to give him a peck on the lips. "I love you too."


Two decades and a year into life and Taemin finally discovered his happiness.

--------------------------------------------------------------

HAI GUISE. DEY TOGETHER NOW. HAPPY? :3 but this is not the end. ^^

Stay tuned for the next update everyone~

-hanny