Be There For Her, Arasso?

My Perfect Partner And Our Not-So-Perfect Love Life

 SPICA “I’ll Be There” Kan Mi Youn ft. Eric “Paparazzi”

It was a cool winter evening. The ground was frozen solid and there was a cold breeze in the air. The nearby park swings swung loosely seeing as no one was on them and the grey clouds looked as if they foreshadowed a light snow fall towards the night. The playground was nearly deserted except for two girls sitting on a nearby bench, looking over a bridal magazine. The two girls spent the entire day window shopping, catching up, and being regular teenagers and decided to sit down and rest after all of that activity. Kwanmi called Chunji ahead of time to pick the two up and agreed to wait for him at the playground.

“I don’t know Eunmi, I don’t want a typical white gown. I’m not saying I want to go all out with some crazy color, but maybe peach would look better?” Kwanmi asked, looking through the magazine, her eyes alight at every gorgeous gown on every page.

Eunmi stopped her hand from flipping and pointed to a dress,

“What about this color? A faded baby pink.” Kwanmi scrunched up her nose and looked at Eunmi, knowing full well that she knows how Kwanmi dislikes the color pink. The two were so engrossed in thought that Kwanmi didn’t hear Chunji’s car pull up, or his footsteps until he snuck up behind her and covered her eyes.

“Before you say anything, I find it fair to warn you that I have a black belt in tae-kwon-do.” Kwanmi threatened. Chunji gently pecked the top of her head and wrapped his arms around her. Kwanmi craned her neck upwards and the two kissed one another.

Eunmi couldn’t help but pretend to gag. The two couples always tried to find a way to tease the other couple and Eunmi was doing just that.

“Come on you guys, too much PDA for my eyes.” Eunmi exclaimed. Being the drama queen that he is, Chunji put most of his weight on one leg and pushed his hip outward, pretending to flip his short hair when retorting,

“Like you and Byunghun are any better.” Kwanmi added to this by puckering out her lips as if to imitate Eunmi. After a playful argument the three found themselves laughing at one another. It would be a lie to say that these two were anything but best-friends. Over the years, the used-to-be bitter rivalry between Chunji and Eunmni disappeared and vanished into thin air, as if it was never there. Kwanmi and Eunmi resumed to being best friends and Chunji and Eunmi were slowly growing close seeing as their fate’s intertwined between one another. Eunmi always helped Chunji get Kwanmi a perfect present and Chunji would tell Eunmi Byunghun’s favorite food every now and then. Overall, everyone was like one big happy family.

A sudden gust of cold wind blew by and Chunji found himself shivering.

“Come on ladies, it’s getting cold out. The car’s parked over there-”

“Hey isn’t that Lee Chanhee and his fiancée?!” A group of adults exclaimed. Heads turned in their direction and it’s as if luck wasn’t on their side when a group of paparazzi came out of nowhere. More people began to crowd and he knew he wouldn’t be able to calmly get to their car through this sea of people.

“.” You heard Chunji mutter as he quickly grabbed Kwanmi’s hand and ran to the nearby elementary school building. Eunmi followed close behind and they ran into the school, trying to find a place to hide for a while. Chunji made a quick right turn and opened the door to a teacher’s office, shutting it behind just in time as footsteps approached their direction.

Eunmi carefully peeked through the door and saw that the paparazzi passed by their hiding spot, heading out of the building empty-handed. After a few minutes, Eunmi sighed in relief and sunk down, trying to regain her regular breathing after realizing how fast they ran.

Kwanmi isn’t used to being in the spot-light like that. She’s been out of radar her whole life and with the wedding being the headline on every newsstand, she’s suddenly on the cover of every magazine.

Eunmi thought and looked at Kwanmi, hoping she’d be alright. Yet Kwanmi was doing just fine. Chunji cupped both of Kwanmi’s hands in his own and blew warm air into them, earning a small smile from the bride-to-be. Chunji laid a gentle kiss on Kwanmi’s ring finger, making a silent promise to protect her from the paparazzi and anything that’ll come their way.

Eunmi warmed at the sight and thought,

Chunji, you better protect my best friend to your best ability, arasso?

__________________

We haven’t heard from the Kwanmi/Chunji couple for a while so I figured I’d squeeze in this little fluffy chapter :)

Hope everyone had a safe Christmas <3 and will have an amazing New Year x]