Happy New Year's Babe

My Perfect Partner And Our Not-So-Perfect Love Life

SNSD “All My Love Is For You”Orange Caramel & NU’EST “Dashing Through The Snow In High Heels” |

Pledis Family “Love Letter” |

A/N: Warning – extreme corniness, cuteness, and lovey dovey-ness ahead >_< You’ve been warned.

 “Can you please repeat the question?” Eunmi asked as she racked her brain for the right answer. It was Monday, New Year’s Eve and Byunghun was coming into the living room from the kitchen, bringing them each a cup of hot chocolate. He set them down onto the coffee table and wrapped his arms around Eunmi as the two sat on the couch. She leaned her back onto his broad chest and he rested his chin on top of her head as she sat in between his legs. The rest of Eunmi’s family was out visiting their grandparents. Eunmi was with them for a few hours before C.A.P called Byunghun to “save her.” Eunmi actually loved being with her grandparents but her parents insisted that she spend the start of the New Year with Byunghun. Funny how they said that when a few months ago they didn’t want him within a mile radius of her huh? But she kissed her grandparents goodbye and promised to call as soon as the clock hit midnight and signaled 2013. She hopped onto Byunghun’s motorbike and here they were, back at his apartment.

What did you ask? I didn’t hear you from the kitchen.” Byunghun replied in English. The two were having a small, private English tutoring session - courtesy of Byunghun and she agreed to converse with him in nothing but the foreign language for the time being.

I said, can you please repeat the question?” Eunmi repeated her previous question. Byunghun chuckled at her funny accent but complied.

I asked you whether you liked your Christmas presents.” He helped her out by playing with the hem of the scarf that he gifted her on that special day. It was a joyous Christmas that they both spent together at the Kwon residence. The twin’s pranced around in utter glee for they both got what they wanted, C.A.P was helping out Mrs. And Mr. Kwon in preparing the feast, Niel laid on the couch skimming through a fashion magazine, and Eunmi and Byunghun exchanged gifts. Byunghun gifted Eunmi a pink silk scarf she told him about a few weeks prior.

Eunmi understood the question and replied with a smile,

Of course! I loved it very much. How about you? Did you like your present?” Byunghun chuckled at her broken, yet understandable, response and reached out to hold her hand. As he clasped the two together, he gazed at the black couple rings resting on both of their ring fingers and smiled as he replied,

Yeah, it’s perfect.” Eunmi smiled at his words and remembered her second present to him. She gently pried his hands off of her and ran back to the hallway, where she left the paper bag. Her phone’s alarm clock went off and signaled to her that there was only 30 minutes left of 2012.

She quickly grabbed the paper bag and rushed back into the living room. Byunghun picked at the fire wood and a bigger blaze grew. He turned back to face Eunmi just as she held out the paper bag.

For you.” She smiled at him as he took the bag from her. He bit his bottom lip, wondering what his girlfriend could’ve gotten him. Yet, he was never expecting something like this. Inside was a box and as he opened it, laid an entire black and white suit.

“I figured since you don’t have a suit for the wedding yet, I’d go out and buy one.” Eunmi replied in Korean seeing as she wasn’t sure how to properly phrase it in English. Byunghun was at a loss for words, wondering how to reply to such a ravenous gift.

“Try it on.” Eunmi encouraged him. He looked up at her and she was trying to figure out what was going through his mind.

Does he like it?

Was it a bit too much?

Was it not enough?

Yet all her worries were answered when he gently put the box aside and hugged her. He let her go and gently kissed her forehead.

“I love it Eunmi, it’s great really. I’m sure it fits perfectly.” Eunmi smiled her adorable eye-smile and Byunghun remembered his gift. He reached into his pocket and began,

“You already beat me to the couple rings, so I figured I’d get you something else.” He pulled out a sparkly silver chain necklace and on it hung a silver letter.

“Turn around, I’ll put it on for you.” He instructed and Eunmi did as she was told. She faced her back to him and held her hair up. The cold chain rested against her collarbones and when Byunghun finally clasped the chain closed, he whispered,

“There.” She turned back around and noticed that the letter hanging from it was the letter B.  She chuckled and asked him,

“B for Byunghun?” Byunghun chuckled and grasped both of Eunmi’s hands into his own. He gently pulled her closer and wrapped his hands around her tiny ant waist and replied,

“Yeah. It’ll show that you belong to me, and I belong to you.” Both of their phones buzzed, signaling the start of 2013 and they both locked eyes. Eunmi blushed as her heart sped up. No matter how long they’ve been together, she still gets those butterflies in her stomach every time he stares at her so intently.

“Happy New Year’s Byunghun.” Eunmi said. He smiled at her lovingly as his hand caressed the side of her face. Byunghun leaned down and just before they were to lock lips, he whispered,

“Happy New Year’s babe.”

_____________________

In case I don't update anymore before New Year's, I just want to tell all you readers to have a Happy New Year's :D Let's all welcome 2013 with open arms and smiles :]