Gotta Love Your Little Bros

My Perfect Partner And Our Not-So-Perfect Love Life

♬ | Boyfriend “I’ll Be There”LEDApple “Run To You” | 

Have you ever had that moment in time, when boredom was simply oozing out of the walls and every single time you stared at the clock the seconds seemed to be ticking away slower than ever? That was exactly how Eunmi was feeling. Her head was hanging off the bed as she stared at the ceiling, the fan turning 180 degrees around her room, her hair blowing every time it turned her way.

It’s been two weeks since her last encounter and phone call with Byunghun and she’s simply given up on her summer even though it would be officially over in a week or so. Her parents refuse to let her go out by herself and insist on her focusing on her studies even though she’s reviewed her notebooks a million times, positive she could even teach the upcoming classes if the situation called for.

There was a faint knock on her door followed by the creak signaling its opening.

“Honey, maybe you should go outside and get some fresh air. You’ve been locked up in your room for god knows how long.” Her mother came in, trying to stitch back the relationship between her and her only daughter.

Eunmi couldn’t help bu scoff on the inside thinking, Gee I wonder who’s fault that is.

She looked at her mother’s upside down figure and simply shrugged, really not sure of what to do. It was already 18:45 on a Thursday, a time where you can’t really begin to make plans seeing as the day was practically over.

Her mother sighed in defeat, wishing her daughter would open up to her. She sat down beside Eunmi and began to her hair, something she’s always done as a mother to her children that every child felt to be comforting.

Just as Mrs. Kwon was about to open , Ricky came running into the room and shouted,

“The new movie ‘Brave’ came out!” He imitated shooting an arrow at ChangJo that was running closely behind him. The two chased one another as ChangJo pretended to being the big black bear, chasing Ricky who you assumed to be imitating Merida.

Her mother had an idea and spoke,

“Eunmi, go take your brothers out to see the movie. You have just enough time to probably catch the last screening today.” Eunmi groaned on the inside, her attire of sweatpants and comfy tee really trying to keep her glued to the bed.

“Really?” Ricky said with a bright smile, a radiant smile that blinded Eunmi’s eyes.

“Eunmi-noona can you please take us? Pretty please with a cherry on top?” ChangJo begged, Ricky joining him in their aegyo moment. The two were on their knees in front of Eunmi’s bed, their bottom lips quivering out in a puppy-dog pout.

Nobody could resist their pleading eyes and Eunmi finally sighed out, shielding her eyes from the overdose of aegyo when saying,

“Arasso arasso go get ready.”

__________

“Yippee we’re gonna see ‘Brave’ when it just came out!” Ricky sang in utter glee as he and ChangJo nearly ran down the sidewalk. They took a bus on their own towards a nearby plaza that was only a few miles from their house.

It had a row of shops, café’s, and a movie theatre that showcased all the new releases. You’d expect teenagers to be running down the streets seeing as its summer vacation, but the place was practically deserted showing little to no signs of life anywhere.

“Eunmi-noona can we go in there?” Eunmi stopped her trail of thoughts and saw Ricky pointing to a café that was one building down from the movie theatre. It was a small family owned business and there were only three people sitting inside it. An elderly man sitting with a newspaper open as he sipped a cup of coffee, a business woman who looks as if she just got out of work and was still furiously typing away at her laptop, and Byunghun idly waving at-

Eunmi practically shoved her face onto the glass wall when she spotted Byunghun chuckling at her surprised reaction.

“Hey look its L.Joe-hyung! I wonder what he’s doing here.” ChangJo said trying to act surprised but failing to do so with his acting skills. Byunghun waved at the three siblings and beckoned for them to come inside. Eunmi held up one finger to tell him to wait and walked with the twins to the movie theatre, buying them each a ticket, bag of popcorn, soda, and a candy bar.

“You don’t tell mom that I bought you candy arasso?” Eunmi winked knowing that their parents hated it when the kids have any sugar after dinner, knowing that they’ll be up till dawn with the sugar rush. The two nodded eagerly, taking the snacks in with open arms.

“Eunmi-noona did you know L.Joe-hyung was gonna be there?” Ricky asked sarcastically. Eunmi couldn’t hold back anymore and hugged the two saying,

“You guys are the best little bros a noona could ask for.” ChangJo jokingly stuck his tongue out and feebly tried to push her off,

“Stop it Eunmi-noona, there are some cute girls watching us!” Eunmi giggled to herself and let them go, the two promising to come to the cafe once the movie was over. She insisted that it’d be better for her to come pick them up but they complained saying they were ‘grown men.’ A phrase they no doubt learned from Byunghun. She made a mental note to slap her boyfriend from teaching them such phrases at a young age. Ok, so they weren’t too young but to her they would always be her baby brothers that she wished would continue chasing her like lost puppies calling her noona.

The twins wished Eunmi a fun time and she said the same to them as she walked back to the café.

Byunghun was still sitting at the same table accompanying two bubble teas as he waited for his girlfriend he’s missed the past two agonizing weeks.

The bell rang when the door to the café was opened and Byunghun looked up to see Eunmi pulling up a chair beside him.

“Hello stranger, now I think it’s actually you who’s stalking me.” Eunmi joked just as Byunghun casually wrapped his arm around her waist, pulling her chair closer to his. Both of them caught up with one another on what the other missed these past few weeks, Byunghun sharing more stories than Eunmi seeing as she simply locked herself up in her room the past fourteen days.

“I still don’t get why my parents are being so unreasonable.” Eunmi muttered, reminding the two of the bigger situation at hand. She stared at their intertwined fingers, admiring Byunghun’s strong hand that was always warm and comforting.

Byunghun gently kissed her head before saying,

“Pabo stop acting all dramatic like we’re in a drama. Think of it as just another obstacle we gotta overcome. I mean, the past few years had even more problems if you remember.” They both smiled at the memories, remembering how much things they both went through together. It was true, what with Si Yeon, Chunji, and every other thing that threatened to split them apart it was a wonder they were still together.

But it just goes to show you how much the two loved each other, words not needing to describe their feelings towards one another.

Just as Eunmi leaned into Byunghun’s broad chest savoring the moment, there was a knocking on the glass window that caught their attention.

ChangJo was facing his back towards the two, wrapping his arms around himself and rubbing them at his sides as he pretended to makeout with someone as Ricky stood next to him, making kissy faces at the couple.

Byunghun was laughing at the display and Eunmi only groaned in embarrassment, even though a small smile was shown on her face.

“Looks like I gotta go.” Eunmi said standing up. She leaned down and kissed Byunghun good-bye, the little display of affection earning a groan from the twins outside as they both pretended to die and sink to the floor from such a little lovey-dovey scene.

Byunghun chuckled and Eunmi only rolled her eyes at her brothers. Just as she was leaving Byunghun called out,

“Eunmi!” She spun around and he smirked warning her,

“Don’t do anything rash or stupid arasso? I know you well enough.” Eunmi pursed her lips and stuck her tongue out at the guy replying,

“Yeah yeah yeah don’t nag me woman, sheesh.” Byunghun sat up from the chair with an offended look and exclaimed,

“Yah! Who’s the woman?” Eunmi only giggled at her childish boyfriend as she left the café with a smile on her face, enjoying her brother’s company as they tried to re-enact the scenes from the movie on the bus. Eunmi looked at her brother’s that were still hyperactive from all that sugar, both of them practically bouncing in their seats as they both talked so happily over the movie.

She couldn’t help but smile and think,

I love these two dorks.