Finding Out Something New

My Perfect Partner And Our Not-So-Perfect Love Life

♬ | SPICA “I’ll Be There”FIESTAR “Vista”

Byunghun opened the door to his apartment with one hand while holding Eunmi’s hand in the other. The two stepped inside his all-too familiar home. Byunghun dropped the keys to his motorbike on the coffee table and Eunmi stepped into her own pair of pink slippers that Byunghun bought for her a few months ago. Seeing as she came to his house so often, he felt as if she needed her own pair and bought her a pair of fluffy pink ones.

“So what should we do first?” Byunghun said naughtily, already coming towards Eunmi with open arms with his lips puckered. Byunghun had his eyes shut and was prepared to land a smooth kiss on her when his lips instead came in contact with a cold book. He opened his eyes to see Eunmi holding up their Calculus textbook in front of his face, the darn thing blocking him.

“Homework first.” Eunmi said and headed towards the living room, plopping down on the couch as she began to lay out her books. Boyfriends would usually whine and complain for having such a girlfriend for a shrew, but it was a trait Byunghun found himself to love. He didn’t even think of her as a shrew or any of the sort. He was happy Eunmi took schoolwork seriously even though he himself didn’t.

“I’ll get my laptop.” Byunghun said and went into his room. Eunmi plopped herself down on the couch and stared around the room. One thing caught her attention that she hasn’t noticed was there before; a keyboard. It was an electronic keyboard resting in the corner of the room that wasn’t there last week. She walked up to it and gently grazed her fingers over the keys, wondering why it would be here. She looked to her right and saw the closet door slightly ajar, the crack revealing his abandoned violin case.

Now that I think about it, Byunghun stopped coming to orchestra practice.

“Hey, do you remember what Mr. Lee assigned?” Byunghun came back into the room, holding the laptop in one hand. Eunmi turned his way and replied,

“Two page essay on the Gwangmu Reform.” Byunghun made an inaudible “ah” sound and opened his laptop. With one final look at the keyboard, Eunmi walked back to the couch and asked him,

“What’s the keyboard for?” Byunghun smirked and turned to her,

“For playing music.” Eunmi rolled her eyes.

Really now?” She replied, her tone of voice simply oozing sarcasm. Byunghun chuckled and went back to his laptop, the screen finally lighting up.

“I play it from time to time.” Eunmi’s eyes widened a few millimeters. She looked back at the keyboard and her boyfriend, trying to imagine the two together. Byunghun noticed her reaction and scoffed,

“Yah! Stop looking at me like it’s impossible for me to do anything.” He puffed out his cheeks and continued to look at his laptop, his fingers tapping away at the keys even though the darn machine has yet to actually start up.

“How come I never heard you play?” Eunmi finally asked, wondering what else her boyfriend has been hiding from her. She never knew Byunghun played the violin and the piano. She was happy she found out something new about him but at the same time, she was saddened that she didn’t know it earlier.

Byunghun noticed the sadness in her tone of voice and set the laptop aside, wrapping an arm around her.

“Because I haven’t played it in ages. I don’t even play it that often anymore, I was just working on something yesterday.” Eunmi looked up at him and he gave her one of his small smiles.

“What were you working on?” Byunghun winked and replied,

“Now that, is a secret. Don’t worry about it for now, I’ll tell you about it when the time comes.” She smiled back and an idea instantly ran through her mind. She sat up and asked,

“Ne Byunghun, will you play me something?” He chuckled at her, wondering how she could go from being sad to happy in the blink of an eye.

Anything for you.

Byunghun thought to himself.

“Arasso.” He said as he stood up. Eunmi continued to sit on the right side of the couch, leaning over the armrest as she watched Byunghun take a seat in front of the keyboard. He hit the “ON” button and cracked his knuckles, wiggling his fingers in front of the keys before he began to play Frankie J’s “Don’t Wanna Try.”

Eunmi sat in awe as she stared at his broad back, listening to his playing. Every time he moved from one key to another, his back would shift and she would find herself entranced by a single note. When he finished he spun around and asked,

“So how was that?” Eunmi smiled and teased,

“It was alright.” Byunghun couldn’t believe her reaction and walked over, prepared to attack her for her overuse of sarcasm today when his phone rang.

He looked down and realized it was his landlord he was trying to get a hold of this entire week.

“I’ll be right back.” Byunghun said holding up one finger as he answered the phone and walked outside to his balcony. Eunmi heard a small sound and looked to her left, noticing that the laptop finally . She picked up the computer and placed it on her lap, closing a few tabs Byunghun forgot to close from last time. She laughed when most of them were video games like League of Legend and Slender Man. Just as she was about to close the last file, she stopped over the title.

“Compositions-L.Joe” She wasn’t the nosy type of girlfriend, but she couldn’t help but be curious about the file. She double clicked on it and there were several mp3 files. She plugged in a pair of headphones that were lying around nearby and placed them over her ears, clicking on the song that was at the top of the list.

There was a few beats pause before the song began. She sat there in total concentration, tapping her foot along every beat before the rap began. Her eyes widened as she recognized Byunghun’s voice coming out clear and strong as he rapped.

Honestly, anyone can say that you’re so beautiful,

Whenever I see you, filled up in the center of my heart,

I think about you and me being together

You always have a clean cut school uniform,

In between other guys, you have a sassy/cold attitude

The way you walk and from one to ten, everything about you is so awesome

I don’t really have anything much but I am looking at you,

I know I shouldn’t but I’m leaving my body to my greed

You are my King Midas,

I don’t care about taking care of my actions

As soon as I touched your hand

My heart had fallen in love.” (A/N: taken from Teen Top's "First Kiss")

“Hey sorry about that, it was my landlord.” Byunghun came back inside, stuffing his phone back into his pocket only to find Eunmi’s back facing him. He tiptoed across the room ready to surprise her when instead he peered over her shoulder, wondering what she was listening to. His eyes widened in shock and blood instantly rose to his cheeks.

“Y-yah!” Byunghun yelled, startling Eunmi away from her trance as he quickly grabbed the laptop, shielding it away from her. His heart was racing and he was embarrassed that she heard his song, or songs. He wasn’t sure how much she heard but he prayed that she didn’t hear any more that one of them.

______________

Oh ho ho what could Byunghun be hiding from Eunmi? ;]

Hint: It isn’t -3-

Question will be answered in next chapter :3

Sorry for the long awaited update you guys, as you all are aware of from other authors on AFF, school has started and I’m more busy than ever ;_; I’ll try to update the next chance I get.

110 Subscribers?! OMO you guys <3 <3 Thanks so much, I promise I’ll try my hardest to not disappoint ><

Till the next update, take care~