He's Hers: Chapter 2

He's Hers.

You chugged the glass of alcohol down and took a long drag of the cigarette that’s in your hand. You weren’t the type to smoke. No, not at all. It would be a lie if you said you hadn’t smoked before, you had. More than once but it had a good reason behind the smoke. The reason would always be directing to Simon. It was always him. Nobody else, oh well…maybe Hana and your parents?

You shifted around on the stool you sat on. The blasting music reached up to your head and made you feel tipsy. You continued taking in the smoke and puffing it out, how it felt better than anything. You felt the need to have more but you knew you needed to stop. You fingers led the cigarette to the ashtray on the bar counter but you pulled back. Maybe a little more… you thought and placed the cigarette at the tip of your lips.

The alcohol was going up to your head already and you felt light. “Hey, y, “ you heard a hoarse voice call beside you. You turned to your left and met a blonde guy with a seductive smirk. You crossed your legs and leaned in, “What?” You blew circles of smoke into his face and cackled. Which wasn’t like you at all. Being like this wasn’t like you at all. People knew you for being smart, generous and just your normal pretty goody-two shoes self.

His smirked grew wider and he placed a hand on your thigh, “Mind telling me your name?” “Ally,” you slurred and moved in closer.

Reminder, this is definitely not like you at all. No.

“Excuse me, but she belongs to me ,” a voice you never wanted to hear said. You knew that voice and you were afraid to face the person that it belonged to. Well, you had to…correction: you have to. You removed the blonde guy’s hand from your thigh and drank the remaining liquid in your glass.

“Yeah? Well, I was here first. So freak off,” the blonde guy said. You winced at the language and snapped, “No, you toad. You, freak off.” The blonde guy looked down at you, annoyed and walked away. You took another puff of your cigarette while monitoring every movement made by the person you were so called ‘afraid of’. He placed himself in front of you where the disgusting freak used to sit at.

He smacked the cigarette from your hand and you watched it fell to the ground with a silent thud. You clenched your fist but knew better than to just exploded without any logical reason. You just stared at him while he continued stepping on the cigarette.

“You can stop stepping on it now, Simon. Its dead, “ you placed a hand on his shoulder, your sober side taking over you. He sighed and looked at you with obvious disappointment. You hated that look, you never wanted him to see you as a low-life person. No, you definitely don’t but you did. You stood up and went for the exit, Simon tagging along behind. Once you were far away from the club, he grabbed your wrist and spun you around. The anger most definitely evident in his grey eyes, didn’t greet you nicely at all. Never have you seen him this angry before.

You hesitated before asking, “How did you know I was here?”

“Daniel,” he answered as his grip on your wrist tightened. You cursed your best friend under breath. I’m gonna get Daniel for this…Simon’s not suppose to know I’m here. He looked you up and down, face changing to the one of pure disgust. He has never seen you dress up like a before and never have he seen you smoke or drink. Never. This was the first and he was very, extremely disappointed in you. You dug your back pocket of your shorts for a cigarette and a lighter. You held the cigarette up to your lips and lit the cigarette up.

You blew clouds of smoke into his face, “You found me. Now what?” You didn’t mean to take that kind of tone with him but you had to. You needed him as far away from you as possible but it was impossible. You always find yourself running back to him without a fail. He waved the smoke away and glared at you, “I was worried. I was so worried when Hana called me saying you weren’t at home nor were you at any of your favorite places. Why did you disappear like that?”

You scoffed, “Can’t I? Its my life, not yours to control. So what? Why are you so worried?” He smothered his face in frustration, “BECAUSE I’M GOING TO BE YOUR COUSIN’S HUSBAND AND YOU’RE MY BEST FRIEND! I CAN’T HAVE YOU RUNNING AWAY FROM ME, EVERY SINGLE TIME I COME CLOSE TO YOU! DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH IT HURTS ME TO BE SO FAR AWAY FROM YOU?”

You stepped back in shock and tears quickly blurred your vision. The cigarette dropped to the ground, the light from it dying little by little. Simon has never shouted at you before. It was the first and you hoped it will be the last. Your friendship with Simon changed ever since he and Hana planned to get married. Which made you cry your eyes out for months, weeks, days and hours. Oh no, he didn’t pop the question. The opportunity for them to get married was just, there so they took it. You wiped away the fallen tears and sniffed. Simon unclenched his fist that was somehow clench when he shouted at you. He relaxed himself and reached out for you but to no avail.

“Ally…I’m sorry, I really didn’t mean to, “ he stepped forward but you just stepped back and looked down. He felt it, he felt guilty all over and he knew you wouldn’t forgive him unless he did something special. Definitely not anything drastic though. Well, it could be but he didn’t want to think about it just yet.

“Sorry, “ you mumbled and walked down the dimly lit path of sorrow. You had to admit, it felt as if you left a piece of your heart behind by taking those big strides away from him but you knew you had to. Simon was your world. He was your other part. Is this how one sided love feels like? Most probably, yes. You didn’t want to look back, afraid that your legs would run back to him and embraced him. You needed to end the once comfort between the both of you and built a wall of hatred. You knew you would fail but you had to try as hard as possible.

He ruffled his hair in frustration and watch you walked away from him without a single glance back. He hesitated whether he should run after you or not. It was a hard choice, he didn’t want to lose you. He never wanted you to stray away from him. That thought never crossed his mind. Thinking about it, made his heart hurt like a million stabs through his chest. He never knew you would make him feel this way. No matter how many fights he had with Hana, the pain was nothing compared to how simple you just walked away from him.

Is this love? Yes, its obvious dear, Simon.

He never listened to that voice at the back of his mind but now, he did. He will and he must from now on. His legs suddenly felt like it was nailed to the ground, his eyes followed your figure until it disappeared into the night. He sat by himself on the pavement and lost himself in his own thoughts. I love her? No way. I love Hana. But… I’m not to sure about it. He thought.

His phone rang and he checked the caller ID, My Baby Wifey <3

“Hello?”

“Simon? Have you found her yet?”

Simon looked around him and a tight smile formed on his lips, “Yeah.”

“That’s great. Is she back home?”

“Um…yep,” he lied. He needed to, so Hana wouldn’t be worried and honestly he knew you would go to Daniel.

“Great, why don’t you come home? I have supper for you, “ Hana giggled on the other line. He smiled, “Sure thing, babe.”

Love.