Shouldn't have.

The Super Lucky One

 

7.30 pm

Some awesome hotel in Melbourne, Australia

 

“What are you doing?”

“I just took a shower.” Sooyoung put a towel around her neck and sat down on her bed, mobile phone glued to her ear.

“Have you had dinner?” Jessica asked over the phone.

“Yes. I had dinner right after work.”

“With Ms Lee?”

“Uh-huh.”

“How was it?”

“It was very nice.” Sooyoung smiled, recalling the delicious food.

“Is she in your room?”

“No she’s in her room. Why?”

“Nothing…” Jessica felt uneasy. There was something about Ms Lee that she didn’t like very much. For example how she clung on Sooyoung’ arms when they walked to her jet to fly to Australia yesterday.

“So you just finished work right?”

“Yeah. I just got home and you called.”

“Is it 5.30pm there?”

“It is.”

“Mkay. Go take a bath and get some rest. I’ll call back later alright?”

“Okay…”

“I love you, babe.”

“Hey…”

“Yes, Miss?”

“Don’t do anything bad to Ms Lee, okay?”

“Why would I do something bad to her?” Sooyoung couldn't hold a chuckle.

“I mean… never mind.”

“Haha.” Sooyoung laughed. “Don’t think too much. Now go take a bath. I’m hanging up.”

“Okay, bye bye.”

“Bye babe.”

-----

Jessica stepped in to the hot bath and felt the pleasure she had been looking for the whole busy day. Her muscles groaned happily as she leaned backwards to get a comfortable posture. She stayed in the bath for nearly half an hour before getting out. She put on Sooyoung’s t-shirt and shorts then headed to the living room.

“Ahhhh.” Jessica popped down on the couch and smelled Sooyoung’s t-shirt. She missed the latter so much she had to wear it. It gave her the feel of her girlfriend and could somehow make her feel less lonely.

Just then the doorbell rang.

“Who is it?” Jessica walked to the door.

“It’s Chinese food delivery.”

“But I didn’t order Chinese.”

“Ms Choi ordered the meal for you.”

“Ah~” Jessica opened the door and took the food. “Thank you.”

“You are welcome, Miss. Have a nice dinner and come to us next time.” The delivery man bowed and left.

Jessica closed the door and brought the food to the kitchen.

“Aish this Soogie…” She murmured with a smile.

 

-----

 

Sooyoung was woken up by her phone ringing.

“Heeelloo….”

“Oh sweetie, are you sleeping?” Jessica’s voice was heard over the phone.

“Oh babe… what’sss up.”

“Thank you~ for the food.”

“They delivered? That’s good.” Sooyoung yawned. “And what’s up with the thanking? You can’t just thank me over the phone like that.”

“Huh? Then how?”

“What about a kissssseuuu when I get homeee…”

“Oh my god Choi Sooyoung. You sound so wrong!”

“Kekekeke…”

“Is it bed time already there? Are you tired?”

“Nah I’m just… taking a nap…”

“You don’t have lying skills, sweetie. Go to sleep. You’ve been working all day.”

“I work all day everyday…”

Jessica rolled her eyes in Korea.

“I’ll go eat the food that has your love in it now. Go to sleep and I’ll talk to you tomorrow kay?”

“Noooo waittt”

“What?”

“I miss youuuu”

“I miss you, too.” Jessica chuckled. “Now sleep and work hard tomorrow okay Miss Vice President?”

“Mkay”

“Good girl. Bye bye sweetie. Sweet dreams.”

“Bye baby. Have a nice dinner and sleep tight.”

------

Sooyoung was super busy during her business trip with Sunny. They went to countless meetings and negotiations. Sooyoung worked really hard and the successful contracts she got convinced Sunny that she was the perfect vice president the latter was looking for.

Busy schedule, however, gave Sooyoung very little time to talk to Jessica. Almost every day Sooyoung went to have breakfast meeting, then formal lunch with CEOs and then meetings and paper work in the evening. Sometimes she just collapsed on her bed and fast asleep straight away without taking off her shoes.

So, Jessica in Korea couldn’t help getting frustrated whenever Sooyoung didn’t answer her calls. Although she knew that her girlfriend was busy and stuffs, it was not enough just receiving texts saying the latter was going to turn off her phone for the millionth meeting. The apartment was too big and empty for one person. Sooyoung’s shirts now all smelled like Jessica. The blonde girl lost a lot of sleep in her lonely bed already.

“When are you coming back?” Jessica asked.

“I don’t know exactly when babe. We still have a lot of things so deal with.”

“Sooyoungie!” Sunny’s voice could be heard from afar over the phone.

“Oh. I gotta go now. Talk to you later babe.”

Sooyoung hung up before her girlfriend could say anything.

Sooyoungie? Since when did they become so intimate?

Jessica had a bunch of annoyance in her stomach that whole day.

-----

The next morning, Jessica went to work not feeling very well. She was all aware of her breathing and felt dizzy. By the time work hour was over, the blonde got pretty pale. Before leaving the office, Jessica dialed Sooyoung’s number.

“Hey baby!” Hearing Sooyoung’s voice really made Jessica feel better. It felt like Sooyoung was standing next to her. Mobile phones were indeed the greatest invention of all time.

“Oh Sooyoungie! You finally-”

“Sooyoung-ah~”

“Omo Sunny! Be careful with th- beep beep beep.” And Sooyoung hung up just like that. Which pissed Jessica off completely.

“Jessica, are you okay?” Jessica turned her head and saw Siwon approaching her. She shot him a fierce look before grabbing her bag and went to her car. Siwon followed her to the car park.

“What’s wrong? You look scary.”

Jessica ignored him and proceeded to where her car was.

“Whatever. Hey, do you want to go out for dinner?”

Jessica stopped and turned to face Siwon.

“What now? Didn’t I make it clear last time that I’m not available?”

“Yes of course. But you seem to be… not very bright lately. I just want to… you know, cheer you up.”

“Oh…” Jessica felt bad for throwing her anger on the innocent guy. He was just being nice after all. “I’m sorry. I’m just not feeling well these days.” She sighed.

“Eating will make people happier.” Siwon awkwardly winked.

“... Okay.”

 

A/N: OH NOES ;'D