I love you and that's all that matters.

The Super Lucky One

 

Jessica woke up and found Sooyoung’s side of the bed empty. She jolted up and her heart started to race. She remembered falling asleep on the couch so her girlfriend must have carried her to the bedroom. But why didn’t she wake her up??

The blonde looked at the clock. It was 8.30 am which means Sooyoung had already gone to work, which also means she only had 30 more minutes to get to the office. Jessica quickly refreshed herself and drove to her office. The moment she sat down at her desk she took out her phone and dialed Sooyoung’s number. Just then she saw Sooyoung’s 7 missed call from last night and mentally slapped herself really hard.

Sooyoung’s phone rang, but no answer. Jessica tried calling again few more times but no better result. Sooyoung must be mad at her now. She’s ignoring her… When Jessica was at the edge of tears, she received a text.

Sorry baby I have a meeting right now. I’ll call you back when I can okay?

Jessica was expecting a harsh text but… this one sounded so …neutral. She stared at the text and read it over and over again to make sure she read it correctly.

----

Sooyoung put down her phone. She didn’t dare to answer Jessica’s calls so she texted. She lied that she was having a meeting while in fact she just wanted to push away the painful thoughts and focus on work.

----

Jessica went home right when work hour was over. She was worried and anxious the whole time. Sooyoung hadn’t called her back as she said in the text. And no meeting lasts from morning ‘til afternoon. She concluded that Sooyoung lied and things were not okay at all. As Jessica entered the house, she found Sooyoung watching TV and munching snacks. The tall girl turned her head when she heard Jessica coming home.

“Hey baby. Welcome home.”

Jessica froze at the door. She didn’t understand. Why was Sooyoung acting like that? Didn’t she see her and Siwon yesterday? And she wasn’t even mad?

“Why didn’t you call me back?”

“Let’s go eat dinner.”

Sooyoung grabbed Jessica to the kitchen and completely ignored her question. Sooyoung set up the table like how she would do every day. She took out the food and they ate in the sound of spoons hitting their bowls.

“Did you have a nice day at work?” Sooyoung asked and took a sip of water.

“Y-yeah.” Jessica hesitantly answered. She couldn’t help wondering what was going on. She tried to find a way to ask her girlfriend but didn’t know how to start.

Meanwhile, Sooyoung tried to act like she didn’t know anything. She could sense that Jessica felt uneasy, which means the latter did saw Sooyoung outside the café. But what’s done is done. Let’s see it like nothing happened and everybody, be happy.

“H-hey, yesterday-“Jessica started but was cut off by her girlfriend.

“Ooo wyesterdway.” Sooyoung swallowed the food. “Sorry I had to stay at the office to finish the report. I got home really late and you already fell asleep. Next time don’t sleep on the couch okay? Go to bed and sleep. You don’t have to wait up for me.”

Jessica felt even worse because of the fact that Sooyoung clearly didn’t want to talk about yesterday. She even made up things and pretended like there was nothing to talk about.

“Do you want to go out somewhere? It’s Friday night.” Sooyoung cheerfully asked as they were cleaning the table after the meal. Jessica was still in her deep thoughts.

“I don’t feel like going out.” Jessica said. She didn’t think she could have any fun at a time like this. “Let’s just stay at home.”

“Sure. Let’s go watch TV then.”

Sooyoung sat down on the couch and the TV. Jessica stood at the entrance of the living room and stared at her girlfriend. Did she really don’t care at all?

“You know, I usually thank God for giving me such a huge blessing. I mean, of all people on earth, it’s me! Choi Sooyoung is the super lucky one!”

And this is how I treat her… going out with another guy…

 “…like how I’m holding your hands now. It could have been someone else, like some guy or girl, but look, aren’t those MY hands? Holding yours? Isn’t it wonderful?”

Jessica disgusted herself. How come she let Siwon hold her hand and even kiss it? Her hands were Sooyoung’s and could only be kissed by her. How come she even let Siwon caress her cheek? It was supposed to be for Sooyoung so touch only.

“Why are you standing there?” Sooyoung asked.

Jessica looked into Sooyoung’s eyes trying to ask her why she was acting like that. She was scared that Sooyoung might stop loving her already. Sooyoung stared back. Her eyes were all warm and full of love. Jessica was mesmerized by the securing eyes that she fell in love with. The eyes didn’t give her any answer. They didn’t tell her why Sooyoung didn’t get mad. They were just simply warm and loving.

“Come here.”

The tall girl spread her slim arms and smiled. Jessica couldn’t hold her tears anymore she ran to hug Sooyoung and cried.

“Shhhh…. It’s alright….”

*sobs*

“I’m here baby…. Shhh…” Sooyoung tightened the hold and kissed Jessica’s head.

“I’m… I’m sorry.” Jessica managed to utter an apology in the middle of her tears.

“It’s alright. Forget it.”

“It won’t happen again.” Jessica looked up and straight into her girlfriend’s eyes. She really meant it. She swore to herself that she was not going to let something like that happen again. Not ever.

“Shh…” Sooyoung wiped the tears on Jessica’s face and gave her a peck on the lips. The kiss magically calmed Jessica down and she rested her head on Sooyoung’s chest.

“I love you Sooyoungie.”

“Isn’t Choi Sooyoung the lucky one?” Sooyoung whispered.

 

A/N: not yet the end, my readers, not yet ;3