Her fragile heart

The Super Lucky One

 

Two months had passed since the event. Sooyoung and Jessica were back to normal thanks to Jessica’s efforts to make it up for her girlfriend. She took Sooyoung out on dates which were brilliantly planned with the help of the YulTi couple. Sooyoung had never been happier in her life.

That day, Jessica had to bring home two heavy boxes containing all the documents she had to check for the company. The vice president Siwon offered to help her.

“No, thank you, Mr. Vice President, I can handle them myself.”

“Oh come on. You can’t.”

Jessica tried lifting one of the boxes and couldn’t move it even an inch.

“See? Papers are actually very heavy. Let me.” Siwon lifted both of the boxes easily and carried them out to Jessica’s car. He placed them on the back seat. “Should I come with you to take these into the house for you?”

“No, thank you.” Jessica said thinking that Sooyoung would help her but then she remembered the latter was actually sick. She frowned as she didn’t want to bother her poor girlfriend.

“Are you sure?” Siwon raised his brows.

“…not really.”

-----

Siwon placed the boxes down in the living room while Jessica went to get him a cup of water. “Here you go. Thank you very much for helping.”

“It’s nothing.”

Jessica took a quick glance at the clock and noticed that it was about time for Sooyoung to come home. “I’ll repay you some other time. Have a safe trip home.”

Jessica slightly bowed to Siwon to signal him that he should leave. The guy, however, wanted to stay. Since Jessica left him in the café shop last time, she had been ignoring him and it was confusing to Siwon. He wanted to clear things because according to how he sees it, Jessica actually let him come close to her.

“Jessica, can I tell you something?”

“Yes?”

“I like you. Will you be my girlfriend?”

Jessica bit her lower lip. She knew something like this would happen sooner or later.

“I’m sorry. I am already taken.”

Siwon was somehow surprised. Jessica being taken actually made sense, but what about the incident in the café shop?

“But you like me, too, right? I can see it. That means I still have some chances.”

“No you don’t. Please leave quickly, my girlfriend is on her way home and I don’t want you to bother her. You had bothered her enough.” Jessica coldly replied.

“It’s a she? You mean you..”

“Yes.” Jessica raised her brows. “Now please leave.”

Siwon was speechless. There was too much information to take in that day. He tried to act cool and left.

Fate didn’t make it easy for everybody. While parking her car, Sooyoung saw Siwon getting in his car and drove off. She was immediately alert to his appearance and doubtfully took the elevator to her apartment.

“Welcome home!” Jessica hugged Sooyoung when she opened the door.

“Hey babe.” Sooyoung noticed the boxes which she figured might had been carried up by the guy. “What are those boxes?”

“Oh. They are the documents that I have to go over.”

“You carried them home?”

“Y-yes.”

“Must be heavy, huh?”

“Yeah they were.”

That evening Sooyoung couldn’t help but feel jealous. She hoped that maybe that guy just happened to have a friend or relative living in the same building as them, that he and Jessica weren’t “home alone”.

*cough cough*

“Here are your pills.” Jessica handed Sooyoung the pills and a cup of water. The latter swallowed the pills and drank the whole cup. Sooyoung placed the empty cup down on the table and sat comfortably on the couch. They watched Cinderella Man, the new drama that had Yoona in it.

Minutes had passed and the tall girl couldn’t concentrate on the film. Her thoughts wandered from the boxes and the possibilities of what “that guy” and her girlfriend could have done while she wasn’t there. She tried to snap out the scenes that she didn’t want to think about and converted them into the most innocent scenarios.

“Are you feeling okay, sweetie?” Jessica placed her palm on Sooyoung’s forehead to check the temperature and pouted worriedly.“The fever is still there.”

“It’s fine.” Sooyoung retorted slightly.

The blonde girl was taken aback by her girlfriend’s sudden attitude. “Is there something wrong?”

Sooyoung just shrugged and paid attention to Yoona on the screen. However Jessica didn’t give up. She hugged Sooyoung’s arm and tried to comfort the girl. “Did you have a bad day at work?”

“No, it’s fine.”

“It’s not!” Jessica cupped Sooyoung face and forced the latter to look at her. “Tell me what’s wrong. You’ll feel better.”

“Well I saw that guy coming out of our apartment this afternoon.”

“Ah…” was all Jessica could say.

And Sooyoung did feel better. A little bit. She raised her brows and returned to the drama.

“Yah!” Jessica hit Sooyoung’s arm.

“What?”

“It’s not what you think! He just helped me with the boxes.”

“Which YOU carried home.”

“Okay I lied. I just didn’t want you to think too much.” Jessica looked down. “I shouldn’t have lied. I’m sorry.”

Sooyoung didn’t say anything. She was still a little mad and she wanted to punish her girlfriend.

“There was nothing really!” Jessica whined and shook Sooyoung’s arm. The tall girl kept an arrogant face and looked away.

“Come on! Sooyoungie is not jealous, is she?”

“No I’m not!”

“Ay ay ay, lying is no good.” Jessica leaned over and aimed at Sooyoung’s lips. “Let me give you this extra pill. It cures both jealousy and fever.”

“No! I’m sick!” Sooyoung tried to push Jessica away but since she was sick she didn’t have enough strength to do it. Instead, she was pinned down on the couch with the blonde girl on top of her.

“That’s why you need the pill, silly.” Jessica gave Sooyoung a peck. “Now be prepared. This magical pill can be overwhelming and has some side effects such as butterflies in the stomach and such.”

Sooyoung did half a chuckle before her lips were captured. Jessica could  feel Sooyoung’s hot breath and her sick taste made Jessica become all protective. For once in their 2 year long relationship, she realized how fragile her girlfriend could be. Sooyoung might act strong, she might be tall and eat like a shikshin, she was just a girl after all. And a girl’s heart is delicate.

“I love you a lot, Sooyoungie. There’s only you. You can trust me, okay?”

Sooyoung nodded, blushing.

 

-----

 

1 week later

 

“Manager Choi, Miss Lee wanted to see you.”

“Me? Do you know what for?”

“No. But I think there’s good news.” Sooyoung’s colleague winked at her.

“Okay. Thank you.” Sooyoung smiled and went to the elevator to get to the floor of the company’s president. She walked through the carpeted corridor and stood in front of a huge wooden door. She straightened her clothes and knocked.

“Come in.”

 

------

 

The door of the apartment cracked open and a tall girl stormed in.

“BABEEEEE!!” Sooyoung ran to the kitchen to find Jessica preparing dinner. She hugged the blonde girl and almost lifted her up.

“Whoaw woww. Welcome home Sooyoungie!”

Sooyoung grinned widely at Jessica and said in a singing voice. “I was promoted~!!”

“Oh my god!!!” Jessica screamed and jumped and hugged her girlfriend. “CONGRATULAAATIONS SWEETIEEEE!!”

The two squeezed each other happily.

“So you’re now…”

“VICE PRESIDENT OF SOONKYU INCORPORATED!!”

“OOOH my girlfriend is jjang!!!”

“Oh yeah~” Sooyoung snapped her fingers and did a weird dance move.

“Hey let’s go out and eat! We have to celebrate!”

“What about the food you’re cooking?”

“… W-we can just leave it there.”

“Nonsense. The  food cooked by Jessica Jung is like the best celebration already. I’ll go buy some ice cream.”

-----

“Ey babe, actwuany…” Sooyoung said with a mouthful of chocolate ice cream.

Jessica raised her brows waiting for the sentence to be finished.

“I am not Vice President yet.” Sooyoung the melting ice cream. “I have to go on a business trip with Miss Lee next week and if I succeed in signing a contract with Kwon Enterprise,  I  will then be officially Vice President.”

“A business trip? Next week?”

“Yeah.”

“For how long?”

“About ten or eleven days.”

“But that’s like two weeks!” Jessica whined. “It’s too long!”

“I know…” Sooyoung pouted.

“But it’s your opportunity.” Jessica put down her cup of ice cream and hugged Sooyoung. “I’ll miss you though.”