[Black Blood] Chapter Six

Black Blood

“Ah, we have another survivor, eh?” the other man chuckles, “Oh girly, you got caught in this web.”

“How do you all know what’s happening?” you ask, “Leon says the longest anyone has been here was five days.”

“It’s common knowledge,” he chuckles, “Unfortunately, someone had to die for us to know what was going on.”

“Oh dear,” you widen your eyes.

“I was foraging for some food with a partner at night, his name was Donald,” he says to you, “Donald was an impatient fellow, always wanted to prove himself. Donald thought that maybe he could dance and sing to Two Moons and if he was good enough the villagers would give him food.”

“Wait, what?”

“What is it?”

“That’s a terrible story,” you narrow your eyes, “No one is obviously intelligent enough to think that that would actually work. This isn’t Scooby Doo.”

“Think what you will, but that is the story!” he raises his arm and points in your face.

Leon whispers to you, “Forgive him. It happened right in front of his eyes. Donald was ambushed by those beings so brutally it shook him up pretty badly.”

“By the way, girly,” the man speaks again, “My name is Russel, but it’s probably easier to call me Russ. Also, I believe some of your friends are here with us too.”

“Really?!” you gasp, “Please take me to them! I need to make sure they’re okay.”

He takes you into a large space with a couple of other people and...Chanyeol!

“Chanyeol!” you run to him and hug him tightly.

“You’re okay!” he smiles, “I was worried that you were caught by those things.”

You turn to see Yia and hug her too, “Yia! I was so worried about you! Last night was absolutely horrible, those things were roaming around everywhere!”

“I’m so sorry I left you alone,” Yia cries, “We should have stuck together.”

“It’s okay! I’m fine and so are you so that should be the only thing that matters,” you say cheerfully, however you notice that something was off.

You look around the room, “Where…is Len?”

“H-he hasn’t been found yet,” Chanyeol says.

“What?!” you exclaim, “How did you manage to lose him?”

“He wanted to go off and explore on his own!” Chanyeol has an apologetic expression on.

“Why did you let him do that?” you ask, getting a little frustrated with Chanyeol and his too-easy-going personality.

“I thought it would be okay!” he defends himself, “How was I supposed to know those things existed? Why are you getting mad at me?”

You're silent for a while before finally decide to speak up again, “I’m just worried about him and knowing that Len is still out there makes me feel even more on edge. I’m sorry.”

Chanyeol takes one of your hands, “Don’t worry! I’m sure we’ll be able to find him!”

“You’ve always been so optimistic, haven’t you?” you smile.

Yia turned to Russ, “We have to find Len! I won’t be okay until all of us are back here again.”

“We have a few more hours until the sun goes down again,” Russ rubbed his chin, “If it’s that important to you, we can form up a search party.”

“Thank you,” Yia smiled, “And with his knowledge of the paranormal and spirit world, I think he may be able to help us all escape.”

“Then we gotta find him or we’ll all rot in here!” Russ exclaims as he gathers the other survivors.

“Alright, I think you kids need to be introduced to the rest of the surviving crew,” says Leon as he walks up to the first man.

He wore a red cap, a dirtied white shirt, and a basic pair of blue jeans. His face looked quite young, possibly in his early twenties.

“This is Truman,” Leon says, “He’s one of the earlier ones who happened to be stuck here.”

Everyone nods their heads.

The guy standing next to him wore a dress shirt and skinny jeans, his eyes were piercing and fierce.

“This is Kyo,” Leon introduces, “He actually got stuck here a little after I did.”

"Yo," Kyo waves two fingers.

The last guy looked a bit disheveled and jittery.

“This is Paul, he’s been going into a panic state from all the time he spent here,” Leon explains.

Paul manages to give you a weak smile.

“Okay, now that we’re all familiar with each other,” Russ rubs his hands together, “Let’s get hunting for that kid, what was his name?”

“Len,” Yia replies.

"Yeah, him," Russ says, "Alright, let us break into search parties."

---

Note:

As you all probably didn't know. I'm starting college for the first time in 3 more days. Yay. This means that my updates will possibly be even slower, but we will finish this together, no worries.

edit: I also apologize for my poor taste in jokes. LOL