[Black Blood] Chapter Three

Black Blood

“Baby, that was a good night’s sleep!” Len exclaims as he opens the car door.

“I also had a wonderful rest, to my surprise.” Yia stretches her arms.

“I had a horrible night,” you rub your eyes.

“Were you scared? Why didn’t you wake me up?” Chanyeol looks at you with a sad expression.

“Oh trust me,” you tell him, “I tried, oh and you snore like a bear and how can the rest of you put up with the snoring.”

"I'm a deep sleeper too," laughs Len.

"I have earplugs," Yia holds them up and you sigh.

“So, how ‘bout we get to exploring?” Len grips his camera, a huge smile plastered onto his face.

You couldn’t get why he was so excited about a dead place. Well, Len has always been drawn to all the weird supernatural things. You’ve gone to his house before and needless to say, once you walked through the front door you could see that he was watching a ghost hunting program. At school, all he talks about his ghosts and ghost legends.

“Actually, I think our main objective is to get gas for the car,” Yia says.

“She’s right,” you say, “I don’t think we should spend our time investigating a town when we have no ride out.”

“Okay, you two take this map and try to find a gas station near here,” he hands Yia the map, “while Chanyeol and I look around.”

“I’m okay with this, are you okay with it?” she looks at you and you give her a nod.

“Let’s go!” Chanyeol raises a fist into the air.

After the boys leave Yia says under her breath, “They’re so weird.”

She couldn’t help, but smile though.

Yia and Len were best friends and you still couldn’t comprehend how they got to being friends in the first place. Yia was one of the best students in class and she always thinks very logically. And we all know what Len is like.

“Um, Lia,” you open your mouth to ask, “How did you and Len become such great friends?”

“I can see why you would want to ask,” she opens the trunk of the car and rummages through the stuff in it.

She pauses for a second and then begins to talk again, “It was back when we were in junior high. Since Len was attracted to those silly ghost stories, he was bullied a lot. I was bullied too because I was a pupil favored by the teachers. Kids can be so cruel.”

Yia picks up an empty gasoline jug and faces you, “One day when I was eating lunch alone, Len appeared out of nowhere and sat down beside me. He then started to ask me if I was interested in things like ghosts and spirits and, well, the paranormal. I told him that I never believed in silly things only designed for entertainment.”

She points toward the tunnel and you two begin walking into it. You open your backpack and take out your flashlight. Once you flipped on the switch a visible beacon of light illuminated the ground before you, although it still wasn’t any better than the headlights.

Yia begins to speak again, “He continued sitting next to me for days and by then the school started to notice and, as you may have guessed, they teased us. One time, it got so bad that I broke down and started crying, but Len was brave, he stood up against those kids and after they left us alone he just sat there, letting me cry for a good long while.”

“He told me, ‘You shouldn’t let other people judge you because it’s only based on their views. The most important thing is how you view yourself.’ And it’s true. As you grow older, you find that the opinions of others don’t really matter,” she smiles, “I have to thank Len for that.”

“So after that, you guys just became the best of buddies?” you asked.

“Yup! We endured for the rest of the year and then it was off to high school! Luckily for us the students at this school are really nice and helpful. I guess it’s because we have a larger variety of students that accept each other’s likes and dislikes.”

“Yeah, we are really lucky,” you say to her.

“Oh, look! There’s the end!” Yia grins.

You two begin running towards the light and the exit grew larger, but something was off. There was a familiar car resting in front of the opening.

“Yia, isn’t that your car?” you stare at the vehicle.

“What? This is impossible! We walked in a straight line!” Yia exclaims.

You were speechless. The car has the same exact license plate, same color. What was going on?

“We have to run back,” Yia says before she starts sprinting off back into the tunnel.

“Yia! Wait!” you shout, running after her.

You get to the other exit of the tunnel and you see the same exact scene as before.

“We didn’t hit any curves in that tunnel. This is just impossible.” Yia rubs her temples.

You bring out your phone thinking maybe you could call for help. Unfortunately, there is no signal. You’re stuck here.

“We need to find Chanyeol and Len and sort this thing out together, there is absolutely no signal here,” you say to her.

She nods in agreement and you two start walking towards the village.

~~

My note: Hello loves, sorry for skipping on Saturday. Because of that skip you shall receive two chapters today!! But just one chapter right now~

Expect it later! Oh, and I hid some things in these chapters. ;D