[Black Blood] Chapter Five

Black Blood

Morning didn’t come so easily, you were cautious for the whole night since you wouldn’t really know if one of those monsters had decided to crawl up the hill and find you. To add to your disappointment, the others never came back to the car.

Your eyes started to water as you thought of all the things that could have happened to them.

No, you have to stay strong.

You still have some hope.

You look over the hill down onto the village, hoping that the morning sun had an effect on the villagers and just as you had expected, there were no signs of them anywhere as if they had never been there in the first place.

“Wow, thank goodness,” you sighed.

You have to use your time carefully and effectively.

Yia said she would run around the buildings while you checked inside of them so there’s a good chance that she didn’t step into one of the buildings unless something led her to do so, but she is a systematic person who finishes the goals she starts.

If you’re correct, she would have ran around the town first before running through it.

Maybe if you try to guess her route, you can find out where she ended up.

You weren’t particularly an athlete, but this is important so you have to work hard. You ran around the buildings, looking into the alleyways or out into the open fields to see if you could spot anything. Halfway around the village, you notice a forest out in a clearing and something or someone was moving around in it.

“It couldn’t be one of those things,” you gasp and crouch to the ground, “They can’t be out now, can they?”

The figure stepped out into the sun.

It was a man.

He looked normal, no black tears or knifes sticking out of his back, but he looked really thin and weary. He rubs his chin and rummages through the bushes around him. You slowly walk closer and he immediately looks up with a hand on his knife hilt.

“N-n-no! Please, I’m not…” you stutter, raising up your hands, “I’m not one of them.”

He approaches you cautiously before taking his hand off of the weapon, “Ah, another one of you kids.”

“Another one?” you ask him, hoping that the others had made it.

“Yeah,” he says motioning you to follow him.

“You got yourself into a terrible mess, coming here,” he says.

You look at the man, “What is with this village? You know about those things too, right?”

“This place has been cursed,” he says grimly, “anyone who dies here becomes one of them and once you’ve stepped foot in this place you can’t ever get out.”

 You silence yourself for a while before asking him another question, “So those kids. Were there three of them?”

“I haven’t really met them,” he replies, “I only heard that a couple of kids were found and taken in.”

“Who are you anyway?” you ask another question, “I don’t mean to interrogate you, but I was just wondering.”

“I’m Leon,” he said, “I’m one of the survivors here. I was looking for this village too and unfortunately, I found it, luckily one of the longer survivors found me and took me to safety. And, it’s okay.”

“Have you been here very long?” you ask.

“None of us have been here for an extremely long time,” he replies, “Just five days maximum.”

You arrive in front of a cave a long way away from the village. Leon leads you through the dark and opens a door hidden beneath the dirt. There was a ladder where you could climb down from.

“Be careful not to slip,” he warns.

The bottom appeared even darker with no trace of light. You couldn’t help, but worry if this guy is not who he says he is. You take out your flashlight again and turn it on and the beam of light lightens the tunnel dimly.

“We’re almost there,” he says to you.

You see another door with light streaming from underneath it and low murmurs. Leon knocks on the door and after a moment, it opens revealing another man who looks surprised to see you. He rushes you and Leon in before closing the door.