[Black Blood] Chapter Two

Black Blood

“Fantastic,” Yia slams the car door behind her, “Lying scum from that car company, I’ll never buy from that place again.”

Amazed and completely taken away by the appearance of a sign that you thought never existed, you take out your camera and snap a picture of it, “It’s actually real and if it’s real, doesn’t that mean the story about it is real too?”

Everyone looks at you with uneasy expressions.

“That could be a possibility, but then again people can make up some wild stories,” Chanyeol reassures.

“You’re absolutely right, Chanyeol,” Len smiles, “But this is so exciting anyway!”

“You know, it’s already really dark,” Yia rubs her arms, “and the car is out of gas, I would like to say ‘let’s head home’, but it's not an option of ours.”

“So we should spend the night here?” you question her.

You take a look at the sign again and then your eyes move further. In the distance you can see the village sitting there at the bottom of the hill. It doesn’t feel right to be staying here, even if the story about this place wasn’t true, just the look of it sends shivers down your spine.

“We can stay in the car for the night and then try to see if we can get to a nearby station in the morning,” Yia suggests.

“We can always go down to the village and find a nice place to stay that isn’t cramped,” he looks down at his long legs.

“Are you crazy, Chanyeol?” Yia looks at him, “Just look at this place, you can’t be serious.”

“It’s not good for my health if I fold myself up like a lawn chair,” Chanyeol crosses his arms.

“It’s not good for our health if we catch a disease in this dump.” Yia retorts.

“Come on guys, there has to be an idea that works for all of us, we can’t be separated,” Len says.

“Alright, how about I adjust the driver’s chair so that it’s pushed all the way in front,” she suggests, “That way your legs can get enough room.”

“Sounds plausible,” Chanyeol put up a finger to his chin.

Yia goes up to you, “You’re going to have to sit next to him for tonight, okay?”

“What, why?” you widen your eyes.

“Chanyeol, did you hear him? That was getting on my nerves, so just do me a favor, please?” she pleads, cupping her hands together.

You were a little worried about spending the night next to him because you just knew that you wouldn’t be able to get a good night’s sleep with this guy next to you. What if you do something embarrassing? What if you talk in your sleep? What if you snore? He’ll never talk to you again if you do something like that, but there really isn’t any other way. You’re just going to have to hope for the best.

After everyone settled into the car and the environment finally got quiet, you shut your eyes and began to focus solely on the sound of your breathing. It seemed to work for a while; as you were drifting off, a grumbling sound from the darkness fully snapped you awake.

“What was that?” you whisper.

You looked to your left where Chanyeol was, deeply asleep and snoring the night away. You groaned. You were right; you really weren’t going to get any sleep tonight. Not because you snored, but because Chanyeol did.

This was really going to be a long night.