The future~!

Boys...

 

JR recovered quickly, he always has had a high immune system. When he was ready to be released later that week, he had gotten permission to be released into Baekho’s care, since his parents weren’t around. As he was wheeled out by the blonde, he was greeted by Aron and Ren and a bunch of hugs and some flowers. It wasn’t until the ride home (Aron had borrowed his mom’s car) that the topic of Minhyun was brought up.

“How is he?” JR asked curiously, looking back and forth between the three. His question brought a cloud of awkwardness over the car and Ren coughed, looking pointedly at Baekho. Baekho in turn sighed and ran a hand through his hair.

“Minhyun… Admitted himself to a hospital.” He said carefully, looking at JR to see if he understood.

“What happened, did he get hurt?” JR asked in a worried tone, eyes wide.

“A mental hospital, Jonghyun.” Aron spoke up from the driver’s seat, his voice neutral. “He admitted himself to a mental hospital over a week ago.” JR was stunned, Minhyun wasn’t crazy! A little misunderstood in his views of things but not crazy.

“Why did he do that?” he asked, eyes trained on Aron since the boy being spoken about was his cousin.

“He hasn’t been well for a long time, and it slowly got worse when he came here.” Came the reply, Aron keeping his eyes trained on the road in front of him. “We thought that coming here would help, some different people to live with and different scenery. He was fine, that is until he went to school. We think that seeing you again triggered something, but it’s not your fault. He’s getting help now, so he’ll be alright.” JR was quiet during the whole explanation, taking it in and trying to remember any signs from when they were kids that might have pointed towards what Aron was saying.

“What suddenly prompted him to?” he asked finally, looking down at his hands. Aron shrugged and reached over, patting JR’s shoulder.

“I don’t know, but he won’t bug you anymore.” He said soothingly, glancing over at JR. That small glance told the younger black haired boy everything, Aron had known about him and Minhyun but was scared of the tallest boy so he couldn’t do anything. JR smiled a little and nodded.

“Now enough of this depressing topic!” Baekho suddenly spoke up, leaning forward so his head rested on Aron’s hand on JR’s shoulder. “This is a happy day! So we’re celebrating when we get home!” JR laughed and turned his head to the side to better see his former boyfriend’s face.

“Celebrating?” he asked as he ruffled the blonde’s hair. Baekho grinned and nodded happily.

“Yeah! There’s gonna be food and music and games and dancing!” he listed, ticking off each topic with his fingers.

“Sounds great!” JR smiled, never feeling more at home than with these three boys.

~             ~             ~             ~             ~             ~             ~             ~             ~             ~             ~             ~             ~

Long after they had gotten home and shortly after the party ended with Ran and Aron retreating back to Ren’s room, Baekho and JR sat on the couch as they played Monopoly, so close that their shoulders barely touched when they moved. Baekho was winning, since JR had no idea what he was doing, and the game was over quickly. They sat and chatted a little after that, at some point their hands found each other’s and intertwined.

JR bit his lip halfway through saying something and stopped speaking, looking down at their hands. He opened his mouth to say something but Baekho stopped him with a finger to the lips.

“You don’t have to say anything, Jonghyun.” He said softly, moving the hand to cup the others face.

“How do you know I was going to say anything?” JR asked, looking up at the blonde.

“Because I’m thinking the same thing.” Baekho answered simply and leaned forward, kissing JR’s cheek softly. JR blushed and bit his lip a little.

“Obviously not, because you missed.” He said quietly, looking at Baekho shyly. The blonde smiled and chuckled a bit before finally connecting their lips, something needed for a long time.

“You’re not mad? Really?” JR asked after they had parted, their faces only inches apart.

“Of course not, I love you too much to hate you.” Baekho said softly, smiling at JR. The older blushed again and kissed him to make him stop saying embarrassing things.

1 year later

Graduation Day

“Why do I have to wear this thing again?” JR whined, tugging at the black gown he was wearing and blowing the tassel (those strings on a graduation cap) out of his eyes. Baekho laughed and walked up behind his longtime boyfriend, fixing the cap so the tassel wasn’t in his face.

“Because its tradition and these were expensive so if you don’t wear them Ren will have your head for wasting Aron’s money.” Baekho pointed out, smoothing out the wrinkles in JR’s gown. JR sighed and puffed his cheeks out in a pout.

“But it’s irritating and I don’t like it.” He whined, fidgeting in the uncomfortable garment. Baekho chuckled and kissed JR’s cheek.

“It’s only for a couple of hours, then you can take everything off.” He cooed, putting extra emphasis when he said ‘everything.’ JR blushed and huffed, playfully shoving Baekho’s shoulder. The blonde laughed and moved away in search of their shoes. JR grumbled under his breath and turned back to the mirror, studying his reflection. After a moment he smiled a little, proud of himself.

“Never thought I’d see the day with me in a cap and gown.” He said quietly, looking himself up and down. Baekho smiled and walked back over, wearing his shoes and handing JR his.

“I see you in many gowns.” He whispered into JR’s ear, causing him to blush once again.

“Yah!” he whined, snatching his shoes from the laughing blonde. “Why do I have to be the girl? I think you would look y in a dress!” he retorted, glaring at Baekho.

“Because I top a lot so it would be weird for me to be in a dress.” Baekho pointed out, poking JR’s cheek.

Before the two of them could get further into the discussion that they’ve had many times, Ren barged into the room, all dressed in his stuff already.

“Are you two ladies done bickering yet? We’re gonna be late!” Ren whined, crossing his arms.

“If anything, YOU’RE the lady out of all of us, Minnie~” Baekho teased, pulling Ren into a hug. The youngest screamed a little and whined something about his make up as the two others laughed. “Go on ahead, we’ll be done in a bit drama queen~” Baekho said, giving Ren a little nudge to the door. Ren sighed and nodded, pointing to the two.

“Don’t take longer than five minutes or I’m leaving without you!” he threatened before leaving the room, closing the door behind him. JR turned to look at Baekho with a question in his eyes, wondering why he told Ren they’d be down in a minute. Baekho on the other hand was nervous as hell. His heart rate accelerated significantly and his palms became sweaty.

“Jonghyun, we’ve been together for over a year.” Baekho started, moving to stand in front of his boyfriend. He took both of his hands and held on tightly, fidgeting a little. “My love for you can’t possibly grow anymore, but I want us to grow as a couple.” He paused and let go of one of JR’s hands to reach under his robes and into his pants pocket, pulling out a box. JR’s eyes widened impossibly wide and the hand that was let go now moved to cover his mouth.

Baekho took another breath and opened the box, revealing a simple diamond ring encased in the velvet protection in the box.

“You’re the best thing that’s ever happened to me, every time I see or think about you I smile.” He looked up at JR and got down on a knee. “I want that to happen every day of our lives, I want to go to sleep with you next to me and wake up with you in the same place, but most of all I want you to be mine, heart and soul, and I want to be yours in the same way.” He took another breath and watched JR with hopeful eyes. “Will you marry me, Kim Jonghyun?”

JR felt something warm and wet on his face but he didn’t register what it was, all he could see was the beautiful man kneeling in front of him. He tried to speak but found he couldn’t so he nodded instead. Baekho’s face spilt open into a happy grin and he stood, enveloping JR into a tight hug.

“I love you, Jonghyun.” He whispered, burying his face in JR’s neck. JR still couldn’t quite speak because of all of the feelings he was feeling so he just squeezed Baekho tightly and kissed his cheek.

They stayed like that for a bit until Baekho pulled away and took JR’s left hand, sliding the ring on his finger. They both looked up at the same time and a stupid grin spread across their faces, making them both laugh.

“I would love for this moment to last but if we don’t get out there soon Ren really will leave us.” Baekho pointed out as he wiped his eyes. JR laughed again and nodded, taking Baekho’s hand in his.

“We can celebrate when we get home.” JR whispered in Baekho’s ear and grinned, pulling him out of the room.

~So you guys. The final Chapter. Oh god I'm crying. I love this fic, it was my first one, and I love you guys! You stayed with me through it all and saw me mature in mywriting style, because let's be honest. The first few chapters . But you stayed with me and supported me, and I gradually got better and now here we are. The last one. I won't stop shipping these two, hell no. I am the captain of this ship so I will go down with this ship. Expect more of these two in the future and know that I love you all~!