The proposition

Boys...

JR had been avoiding Ren, Aron, and Baekho the entire weekend and into Monday. The weekend was the easiest, since he could run off to random places without worrying about getting into trouble. School, however, was another thing. So JR did what he had to, what he absolutely did not want to but somehow felt he had to, for his own confused feelings as well as Minhyun's.

He propositioned the younger black haired male.

JR met up with Minhyun before school on the front steps, the younger not at all surprised. It was what he had been hoping for, actually.

"Well?" Minhyun said after a few minutes of awkward silence between the two. "What did you pull me away from my friends for?" JR flinched a little at his voice, dreading what he was about to do. A piece of him wanted this, though. A small part of him was still in love with Minhyun,  no matter how much of a he was. So JR swallowed heavily and looked up, meeting the youngers gaze.

"I... Baekho and I broke up..." he finally got out, his throat tightening from the memory. Well, he thinks they broke up. Were they even dating in the first place? They had never really talked about it, and the date that he had ruined was their first.

Minhyun's eyebrow rose at the confession and tried not to smirk. "And?" he asked. "What does that have to do with me?"

"I thought that was what you wanted?" JR said with a glare. "You wanted me, so here I am." Minhyun blinked in surprise and then let out his smirk.

"So you're coming to me, just like I had said." he said with a cocky voice, crossing his arms. The look that JR was giving Minhyun could possibly be called a death glare, but it was slightly stronger than that. Minhyun laughed and tilted his head. "So what exactly are you telling me, little Jonghyun?"

JR flushed angrily and huffed, making a move to walk away. "If you're gonna be like that then nevermind." he grumbled and took a step, but Minhyun grabbed his arm and pulled him back so he was pressed against him.

"I just want to hear you say it." Minhyun whispered in JR's ear, holding him tight against his chest. JR scoffed and shook his head, trying to pull away.

"Say what? You wanted me now here I am." JR grumbled, Minhyun's grip tightening on his arm to keep him there.

"If you won't say it, then show me." the black haired boy leaned down and whispered it in JR's ear before it's outer shell. JR shivered, but not because he particularly liked it. In his stomach he felt dread at what he was doing, but he knew he had to. If he could make it through this and didn't have any lingering feelings for Minhyun then he would be able to love Baekho with his entire heart.

"Right now? We have class right now, Minhyun." JR pointed out, trying to fight the half nausea and half excitement that he felt from the idea of being with the other. The younger raised an eyebrow and looked down at him.

"When did you start worrying about school?" he asked in light surprise.

"Since I realized that I can't do anything with my life if I don't stay in school." JR's tone of voice was one of "duh" and his expression was the same. Minhyun's gaze hardened and he gripped JR's face, tilting it up.

"I don't like your tone." he growled angrily. "Your tone has changed from the time we were kids. You spoke with such adoration then, what happened?" JR winced at the grip on his chin and he bit his lip.

"That was when I thought I knew you." he said quietly, yanking away and walking into school with the bell ringing in the background. Minhyun cursed under his breath and was swept inside by the waves of people, neither of the boys noticing Baekho standing not too far away.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

JR had managed to avoid any interactions with people for about half of the day, except for lunch. He had gotten his food and walked outside, wanting to find a place alone to think and to be away from people. This lasted for about five minutes when his peacefullness was interrupted by Baekho stepping in front of JR's lunch. The elder sighed and continued looking down at his food, not wanting to look or speak to his ex-something.

"Well?" Baekho repeated Minhyun's phrase from earlier and JR winced at the sound of his voice. He stayed quiet and reached for his milk, never quite getting it since Baekho kicked it over.

"Hey!" JR yelled, glaring up at Baekho. He stopped short when he saw the others tortured expression. He bit his lip and looked back down, eyes stinging.

"That's the only reaction I've gotten from you for days, and it's yelling." Baekho said, hurt. JR didn't say anything, just looked to the side. "Look at me, dammit!" the blonde yelled, clenching his fists. JR flinched away, almost curling in on himself. Baekho noticed and swore, running a hand through his hair. ", I'm sorry, Jonghyun..." he apologized with a sigh, sitting down in front of JR.

"...n't ca.. m... th..." the older whispered, hiding his face in his knees.

"What?" the blonde didn't hear what he said and he leaned closer.

"Don't call me that." JR finally said, more clear now as he looked up, meeting Baekho's gaze. "I'm not ing you anymore, so you don't have to pretend to want to be around me." Baekho's face contorted in a moxture of feelings.

"You think that's why I want to be around you?" he said incredulously. JR bit his lip and looked down, nodding. "You really don't know about me. I love you, Jonghyun!" he insisted, reaching over to grab JR's hands tightly. The older winced and tried to tug his hands away but Baekho wouldn't let him. "I've loved you since that time I was with you when you were walking the dogs. I love you so much, and you love me!" JR clenched his eyes shut and pressed his forehead against his knees, which he had drawn up to his chest.

"But I love him, too." he whispered after awhile, tugging his hands again. Baekho let them go in shock and stared at the top of JR's head. "I've loved him since I was thirteen, and I just met you this year. How can I love you more than him?"

"Because I love you back, that's how." Baekho whispered back, his eyes watering. JR shook his head and stood, grabbing his things.

"Don't say that.... Don't..." he started, but bit his lip. "I can't..." he whispered and walked back into school. Baekho clenched his hands and stared at his lap, fighting the tears that threatened to fall.