Darkness

Boys...

~So liek... I'm supposed to be on hiatus, but... INSPIRATION HIT ME. So here you go~

JR didn’t even go back to class after that, he went home instead. He didn’t want to see the stares that everyone would give him, because they somehow would know what had happened between him and Minhyun in the closet. He just wanted to go home and take a long, hot shower and forget about everything.

He walked home quickly, his steady resolve to keep his emotions in check slowly slipping, and by the time he got to his front door there were tears steadily sliding down his face. He closed the door and started taking off his clothes on the way to his bathroom, resolving to burn every one of those clothes, because they were infested with Minhyun’s scent. He used to love that scent, it was sweet like peppermint with a hint of cinnamon, but now it smelled almost sickly sweet. Sort of like his personality, in a way.

JR finally made it to his bathroom and he turned the water to scorching hot, letting the room steam up before stepping in. He did a thorough cleaning, scrubbing every bit of flesh he could then just stood there with his beet red skin until the water turned ice cold. Leaving the bathroom, JR didn’t even bother with drying or getting dressed. He just curled up, and dripping wet, on his bed.

That day went slow, with JR trying to sort out his emotions and thoughts. He went through periods of somewhat happiness; this was what he had been waiting for practically his whole life. Periods of guilt; how would he be able to look at Baekho without shame and regret coursing through him? Periods of anger; how dare Minhyun say that about his s?! How dare he throw him into a closet and touch him like that?!

The most dangerous of the emotions he went through was severe depression, however. He was so disgusted with himself, he thought of ending it. The world would be better without him, wouldn’t it? Minhyun didn’t love him really; he just wanted him for his body. Baekho certainly didn’t love him anymore; he was dirty now. Aron and Ren were probably so disappointed in him, and that was one thing that JR couldn’t handle. He could deal with anger and hate easily, but disappointment was one that really hurt him.

The rest of the day passed like that, he didn’t move from his spot the whole day. Or the next day, or the day after that. Soon, almost a week had passed, and he stayed in his same spot without eating or drinking, but to him it was still that first day. He didn’t realize that he hadn’t eaten anything, or drank anything, for almost the entire week.

Other people noticed his absence, however.

~             ~             ~             ~             ~             ~             ~             ~             ~             ~             ~             

“Where has he been?” Baekho asked, wringing his hands as he paced the empty classroom. It was lunch time the sixth day JR’s been missing, and Baekho was freaking out. So were Ren and Aron, but they hid it well so as not to cause Baekho anymore stress.

“Maybe he’s sick?” Aron offered weakly, knowing it wasn’t true. In the time they had known him, JR had gotten sick only once, and it only lasted a day.

“Then he’s probably really sick to be missing for this long, which means something is really wrong!” Baekho crossed his arms and tried to think, feeling a head ache coming on. “Has anyone checked his house?” he asked suddenly, looking at the two. Each widened his eyes and gasped, they hadn’t even thought of that. Baekho growled in frustration and grabbed his coat, walking towards the door. Ren reached out and stopped him though.

“I think Aron and I should go.” He said, stepping in between Baekho and the door. The more muscular blonde raised an eyebrow and held himself back from just pushing the younger out of the way and leaving.

“And why’s that?” his voice indicated he wasn’t really interested.

“Because he probably doesn’t want to see you, he dumped you remember?” Ren pointed out.

“No, I completely forgot that he ing dumped me, Minki.” Baekho snapped sarcastically. Aron stood and put a hand on Baekho’s shoulder, prepared to hold him back.

“Minki’s got a point, Dongho.” Aron said calmly, trying to diffuse the situation. “If there’s something wrong, he might not be ready to see you yet. You might make things worse, and he might lash out at you. He has no reason to do that to Minki or me, so I think it might be best if we go and check and report back to you.” Baekho’s face was contorted with emotions, part of him knowing that the older was right but the other part not caring and just wanting to go now. After some serious thought, Baekho sighed heavily and nodded.

“Fine.” His voice was short as he looked between the two ganging up on him. “But I’m coming with you, and I’ll wait outside.”

~             ~             ~             ~             ~             ~             ~             ~             ~             ~             ~             

How long had he been laying here? JR didn’t know, but he was tired. So very, very tired. He knows he should get up, get some food. Baekho is probably worried about him. No, why would he be worried? Baekho didn’t love him, no one did. So no one is worried about him.

JR’s mind was clouded with a heavy fog, nothing got through to him. Something echoed lightly through his head, but he didn’t know what it was. It was soft at first, but it steadily got louder. He opened his mouth to tell the sound to go away and let him sleep, but his voice wouldn’t work. He tried to swallow, but there was nothing to swallow. Finally he just gave up, and after a while the knocking stopped. He was enveloped in silence once more, and he felt the corners of his mouth tilt up a tiny bit.

~             ~             ~             ~             ~             ~             ~             ~             ~             ~             ~             

“He’s not home, Dongho, so banging loudly on the door isn’t going to help!” Aron yelled, pulling Baekho away from the door.

“He’s in there, I know it!” Baekho argued, struggling in the elder’s hold. “Where else could he have gone?!”

“Guys…?” Ren said in a tentative voice, looking through the window of the house that led into the hallway. “There’s his backpack and… Are those clothes?” Baekho and Aron froze before the stronger blonde shoved him away and ran to Ren’s side. His eyes widened at the sight and he growled, moving back to the door.

“Don’t-!” Aron yelled, too late. Baekho had already hit the door with his shoulder, slamming it open. Aron and Ren followed quickly behind the angry blonde, making sure he didn't destroy anything else of JR's. Baekho followed the trail of clothes and burst into JR's room.

~             ~             ~             ~             ~             ~             ~             ~             ~             ~             ~             

Someone was in his room. He should open his eyes and see who, but he didn't have the strength.

Someone was shaking him. Calling out something, something similar to his name he thinks, but he still can't open his eyes.

Someone was lifting him. He felt his eyes open a sliver and he sees a flash of blonde hair before he's enveloped in darkness, passing out finally in the person's arms.