Never More

Since The Day You Saved My Life: Kevin's Return

 

Hours went by and Kiseop couldn’t even think properly. He was just staring at the wall, his mind in an empty void of nothingness. Everything blurred together, numbing his senses and flustering his emotions.

 

He should have been angry.

 

He should have been confused.

 

He should have been trying to piece together what happened.

 

But instead, he was simply sitting on the edge of the small bed and allowing his mind to wander to far different places, places much better than where he was. Did better places even exist when you were a bloodsucking monster like him? There had to be somewhere, but Kiseop had trouble thinking of one now. Everywhere he’d turn they’d be there, haunting him and sending chills down his spine. They’d chase him through the maze in his mind, doing anything to consume him.

 

He was getting closer; that somehow menacing blonde haired boy that everyone seemed to worship. His speed was increasing, closing the gap between them. He jumped and just as he did, Kiseop’s door swung open to reveal the much worse, much more realistic version of the boy.  He smiled slightly, baring his pearly white teeth.

 

“This way.” Ren said quietly, gesturing for Kiseop to begin down the hall. The other boy walked numbly, still not completely sure about anything.

 

He didn’t know how long he’d been sitting there. Minutes….Hours….Days…they were nothing compared to a vampire’s vast life; just specks in the wind. Kiseop didn’t know where they were going, but he wasn’t completely sure that he wanted to. He walked silently, everything blurring around him. Then, Kevin was by his side, his expressionless face pointed straight ahead. They walked through the halls, surrounded by the beasts. Baekho and Aron in front, Ren and JR behind, and Minhyun at the back. The corridors tightened, becoming smaller and claustrophobic.

 

Kiseop suddenly thought back to a distant memory. One when he was still very young.  He was walking up a stairwell, in toe with the other beaming and still-human boy. The other was telling him about how much he hated claustrophobic places such as stairwells. They’d gone up to the boy’s apartment. That was a long time ago when Kevin….when Kevin was himself.

 

He blinked and was suddenly brought back to the cruel reality of where he really was. It was a small, metallic based room, two large doors taking up one wall.

 

“They’re out there.” Ren stated simply. The fuzzy cheering slowly filtered into Kiseop’s ears as he stood there. Suddenly everything was clear. They were going to play in the Games. Kiseop involuntarily shuttered at the very thought of it.

 

And then even in his state of shock, he realized something he hadn’t noticed before. Standing this close to Kevin it was quite obvious. He didn’t smell like a vampire. Vampires have this sort of smell about them that only beings with insanely enhanced senses, like other vampires, can smell. All creatures have a particular smell. Humans and vampires smell very different, however Kevin didn’t smell like either. He was different, almost….dead. He smelled like he was rotting, but he looked perfectly fine.

 

Question after question fluttered through Kiseop’s mind now. He was just in the middle of trying to decipher them when something else caught his attention. It was the small blonde boy, Ren. He, like Kevin, didn’t smell of vampires. But he didn’t smell dead either. So…what was he? It was unlike anything Kiseop had ever smelled before.

 

Was this why the others so obediently followed his orders? Whatever he was, it must be powerful for all vampires, the very creatures from Hell, to abide by his rules.

 

Before he could think any longer, the double doors opened into the stadium Kiseop had been in only days before. The crowd roared even louder seeing him, the malevolent creature who’d been running away all these years, brought in. Ren walked in behind him, a slight smirk on his face.  He glanced at Kiseop as he passed, you’re screwed, his eyes said all too well.

 

Everyone went silent the moment Ren got to the center of the ring. Kiseop had never seen Ren come to one of these games. It was unheard of and just all around didn’t happen. Yet there he was. Kiseop had always thought that he ignored the Games, like they didn’t even exist. He had people to do his dirty work for him and didn’t need to soil his perfect little hands. But maybe, just maybe, Ren had always been there, stowed away where no one could see him. In some ways, he was a lot like Kiseop himself, hiding from the public eye yet watching all the same.

 

Kiseop shook that thought from his head. No, he wasn’t like Ren. Not at all.

 

“Welcome!” The blonde boy said grandly, clasping his hands together. Everyone in the crowds looked around at one another, probably wondering whom this fragile, delicate little man actually was and why he was so important. “I’m Ren, leader of the M-FLASH clan.

 

The who room seemed to gasp simultaneously and small urgent conversations hushed through the vampires, probably all saying the same things Kiseop had thought. Why was he so important? He’s so scrawny. How could he be able to hold us down?

 

“I bet you’re all wondering why I’m here.” He continued, smirking. “Tonight I bring you something special. Devious Mr. Lee Kiseop who’s been avoiding us for months now and has committed major crimes again our underworld is finally here!” He gestured to Kiseop and the crowd roared with cheers and laughter.  “And against him, his very own lover Kevin Woo!”

 

Kevin stepped forward proudly and Ren gestured for him to talk. “Tonight, if I win,” Kevin began, not once glancing at Kiseop. “I will become a new member of the M-FLASH clan.” Murmurs ran through the audience. “However if I lose,” he stated, smiling slightly, “Well, I’ve already died once before anyway.”

 

Ren chuckled lightly, “Ah yes, the story of the star-crossed lovers. One a vampire and one…painfully human. Kiseop did so much for you.” He said sweetly and turned to Kevin, all the cuteness and smiles aside, “Rip his head off.” He simply stated, and with that, he stepped back through the doors and they closed.

 

Ideas whirred through Kiseop’s mind. Surely he could never kill Kevin, but if he didn’t Kevin would kill him. No, no he could never kill Kevin. What had happened to the sweet boy he’d known, the one he’d loved; the one who was scared of bugs and wouldn’t go outside in a thunderstorm, what happened to him? But this wasn’t the boy Kiseop loved, this wasn’t his Kevin. And yet still, he couldn’t bring himself to kill him.

 

The bell rang, signaling the match to start and out of the corner of his eye, all Kiseop saw was Eli’s shocked face in the crowd.

 

This can’t happen.


OMG OMG OMG GUYS I AM SO SO SO SO SO SORRY THIS TOOK FAR TOO LONG.

I know I said it was coming out like a week ago but then Sandy happened

So yeah I finally got it done and I hope you like it a lot....

Ever noticed how my comments are pyramids?

I think it looks cool haha... but omg.

I can't believe it took so long

super duper sorry guys.

please comment

ok bye~

Comments= Love