Through Heaven's Gates

Since The Day You Saved My Life: Kevin's Return

A smirk flickered across Kiseop’s face as he reached the manner. Its well-lit garden glowed beautifully in the darkness of the night. It was like a heaven beckoning for anyone lost; like it could show even the wiriest of travelers a relinquishing route. Of course, that’s not what it was at all. Its beauty was supposed to guide you in and trap you like a bug in a spider’s web. You’d be left there with nothing and eventually the lights would dim. They’d get darker and darker, pulling you into their trance. And just when you think you’re done for, a savior will come and salvage your soul, bringing you into the most stunning castle you’ve ever bestowed. But you see, that’s just a lie also. They’ll worship you and treat you like a god, giving you everything you want.

 

But then the nightmares will set in. You’ll start having terrible nightmares, getting worse each night. They’ll taunt you and tease you until you’re caught crying for mercy. That’s the part the lords like best. They listen to your pain and your suffering and bask in it. When the time is just right, one of them will sneak into your room and awaken you with a fright. You’ll think it’s just another nightmare, your sensed becoming blurry from the everlasting horrors. Then, they’ll you dry and leave your body to rot as fertilizer in the gardens.

 

How did Kiseop know this much? Well, let’s just say this wasn’t his first time at the palace.

 

The front gates were now visible, a shimmering golden. Kiseop’s sprint moved to strides, and then to a slow walk, finally stopping completely just outside the gates. He looked up at them, starling.

 

“Like the golden gates…” he mumbled, though these weren’t the gates to heaven at all. This was a hell. Like a switch, the gates open just as he said that, and he eyed them suspiciously before walking in.

 

He seemed to be alone in the spacious greenery. Shaped bushes were standing proudly, lining the walkways. As Kiseop continued on, he soon found a large elegant fountain in what seemed to be the very middle of the garden. As if in a trance, Kiseop stared all around him, taking in the luscious scenery.

 

Meow

 

Kiseop jumped slightly, obviously startled. He looked down to see a completely black cat at his feet. It jumped up onto the edge of the fountain and meowed again. Kiseop couldn’t help for smile. Even being a devil like him, everyone loves cats right? He leaned down closer to the cat, staring at it. It stared back. There was something strange about this cat, something unusual. Its large eyes seemed to bore straight into Kiseop’s soul, as if evaluating his life. After a few seconds, Kiseop looked away, unable to bare the cat’s intrusive glare any longer.

 

The cat purred sweetly and nudged Kiseop’s arm with its head. “Gah, stop it!” Kiseop mumbled.

 

“Ah…Minhyun, just leave him be.” Someone said. Kiseop turned in the other direction to see a dark-haired boy standing there smiling a wickedly perfect smile.

 

“I was just having a little fun.” Came a voice from directly behind Kiseop. He froze in place. “Right?” The boy called Minhyun said lowly right into Kiseop’s ear. He could feel his hot breath on his neck, sending chills through his spine.

 

“Ignore Minhyun. He gets a bit annoying when he hasn’t had his catnip.” The other boy said. “Follow me if you will, we’ve been expecting you Kiseop.” Kiseop nodded slightly, glancing back over his shoulder at Minhyun before trudging after the now leaving boy.

 

The two boys entered the castle, immediately hearing a loud shriek followed by shuffling feet. “Baekho, what the hell!?!?” someone screamed.

 

“It wasn’t me! It was JR!!” someone else screamed.

 

“Don’t try to pin this on me!!” another scream came.

 

“Oh dear, we must hurry.” The boy said, quickening his pace. Kiseop followed him closely, feeling very out of place in the overwhelmingly beautiful palace. The hall they were walking down soon opened through double-doors into an exquisite and grand front room. The walls were off-white, polished with what looked to be gold. An enormous chandelier hung from the tall ceiling over a large banquet table with a red silk cloth covering it. On the other end of the room there was a short step up where five unique thrones were placed.

 

A feminine looking blonde boy was seated in the center one, the largest and most beautiful throne; white with angelic carvings lined in silver and gold. Next to that a boy with red and black hair was seated in a dark burgundy throne, fire symbols engraved through the metallic substance. On the other side of the blonde boy there was another boy with blonde hair spiked up slightly. His throne was strange. Kiseop had to strain to see it as it was almost clear in color, looking invisible as first glance. When the two walked it, all screaming stopped and all eyes were on Kiseop.

 

“So he’s finally here is he?” The middle boy said nonchalantly. “I guess this bickering with have to be postponed then. You’re off the hood for now.” He said, glaring at both of the boys in turn.

 

“Yes, my lord.” The boy leading Kiseop said, bowing slightly before walking over to a different throne next to the invisible one.  It was a light blue-white and almost looked like ice; as if it was covered with a layer of frost.

 

Kiseop walked slowly forward, taking in the interesting sight of this palace. Did they really bow down to this blonde boy? Someone as feminine and fragile-looking as him? Why?

 

“So you’re Kiseop?” the blonde boy said and Kiseop nodded slightly, unsure of what to do. “Oh excuse my manners. I’m Ren, the leader of this clan. This is Baekho” He gestured to the other blonde boy next to him. “And this is JR.” he then gestured to the fierce looking boy on his other side. “And you’ve met Aron.” The boy who led you in nodded lightly.

 

“And I’m Minhyun.” A familiar voice rang up Kiseop’s neck. “But you already knew that.” He purred, walking to his own throne, jet black in color with what looked like shaggy fur outlining its edges.

 

“Minhyun, stop being such a tease.” Ren scolded and JR snickered under his breath.

 

“We’ve been waiting eagerly for your arrival Kiseop, it’s long overdue.” Ren said dramatically, faking fatigue.

 

“Well I must not have gotten the memo.” Kiseop mused, finally finding his voice.

 

Ren sighed, “It can be so hard to find good help these days.” He said, though it was obvious he didn’t believe a word Kiseop said. “So you know why you’re here, correct?”

 

“You want me to play in the games.” Kiseop whispered, trying not to believe it.

 

“Wow, you’re smart.” Baekho scoffed and Kiseop threw a nasty look at him.

 

“So who am I going up against anyway? Is that why Eli was here?” Kiseop asked, folding his arms.

 

“Now you’re just being silly.” Ren mumbled, “You should already know the answer.” He snapped his fingers and as if on cue, Kevin blindly walked out, his eyes glassy. Kiseop just stared.


Here's the second half of the double update!!! I hope this chappie is good too!!!

Tell me what you think ok!?!? And isn't M-Flash cool sounding???

I made Ren the leader, just because.

Mwahahahaha~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments=Love

 

Double update. No comment replies.