Facing New Memories

Since The Day You Saved My Life: Kevin's Return

 

A million things flew through Kiseop’s mind as the beautiful blonde boy came to a halt a few feet in front of him. Ren smirked from his throne. “You look surprised. I thought you knew already..or…” he paused and flashed a wicked smile, “Or did you just not want to believe it?”

 

“What are you talking about?” Kiseop said, his voice sounding a lot weaker than he had hoped. He wanted to run far away from that place and forget everything. That part of his life was over now. But at the same time, he wanted to walk up to Kevin, to talk to him again. Of course, all of this didn’t matter because his feet were practically glue to the ground as he stood there, too shocked to do anything. His eyes looked anywhere but at the boy standing in front of him, praying that it wasn’t real.

 

He wished it was Eli standing in front of him like he’d thought. Maybe even Dongho or Jaeseop or Hoon, anyone; anyone but Kevin. Ask him a week ago, and Kiseop would’ve said that this was impossible.  But now here he was standing a few feet away from his deceased lover in an elegant mansion that belonged to tyrannical monsters.

 

Ren disregarded what Kiseop had said and sighed instead, “Baekho bring Kiseop to a room for the time being.” He ordered. The one called Baekho stood up, bowing before walking in the other direction and gesturing for Kiseop to follow. Kiseop shuffled along quickly. He was just glad to be out of sight from the others whose satisfied eyes seemed to bore into his being as if they were glad to watch him squirm. Even Kevin seemed to enjoy watching Kiseop suffer.

 

He followed Baekho down multiple long halls and through different rooms, weaving into the very heart of the vast mansion. Through the whole journey, Baekho didn’t do so much as to turn and look that Kiseop was following him. He didn’t speak, he didn’t watch, he simply walked. He could probably care less if Kiseop was following him or not.

 

“Uhh…B-baekho was it?” Kiseops stuttered after a while, daring the break the silence.

 

“What.” Baekho mumbled, still not looking back.

 

“Oh umm..” he didn’t exactly expect the boy to respond. “W-why do you…d-do you obey that boy? I mean…he just looks so…so fragile. And you d-don’t seem happy here.” Kiseop said, his voice weak.

 

                “It’s a long story.” Baekho said through clenched teeth, quickening his pace.

 

                “Oh I’m sorry I just thought that y-“

 

“I know what you thought. But we can’t so shut up.” He growled, cutting Kiseop off. “Here’s your room.” He shoved Kiseop through the door, “Don’t leave it.” He said before slamming the door and leaving Kiseop in the darkness again.

 

The room was fairly small but well kept. A bed sat in one corner with a mahogany nightstand placed beside it. There was a fur throw-rug placed in the middle of the hardwood floor. The walls were whitewashed and bland and there were absolutely no windows. The only was out was through the one door which led to who knows where in the mansion. So for now, Kiseop was alone with his thoughts…again.

 

He hadn’t been able to think for long before a faint knock on the door shook him from his daze. A few dragging seconds later and the wooden door was swung open to reveal a thin boy.  Kiseop’s heart lurched even before he saw the beautiful being in his doorway. Kevin. The small boy smiled and leaned against the doorframe gently.

 

“Hi.” He said lightly, as if nothing was happening.

 

“H-hi” Kiseop stuttered, taking in the image before him. Kevin didn’t exactly look like a vampire, but he didn’t exactly look human either. He was pale, very pale, and his cheeks were sunken in and hollow looking. His bones looked to jut out from his elbows and other areas they shouldn’t. His clothes were much too big and baggy, though you could clearly make out his ribs inside them as if he was impossibly thin. Whatever they were doing to him, it wasn’t good.

 

“How are you?” Kevin said, walking into the room slowly, his slender arms crossed crookedly across his chest. He stopped a few feet from where Kiseop was sitting on the edge of the bed. “Earlier you seemed…shocked.” He widened his eyes and over exaggerated the word ‘shocked’, following with a beautiful smile.

 

“Do you not understand or something? We’ve got to play in the games.” Kiseop said low, his eyes fixed on the floor.

 

“Tsk tsk tsk. Are you really scared of that? Well... I guess you would be. Since you know as well as I do that there’s no chance in hell you’ll win.”Kevin smirked and tapped his boney fingers on his upper-arm.

 

“Why are you doing this.” Kiseop demanded more than asked.

 

Kevin cocked his head to the side slightly, acting innocent, “Doing what?” he said cutely and pouted. Kiseop clenched his teeth, refusing to look up at the dashing boy. When the elder didn’t respond, Kevin grew annoyed and walked closer, sitting on the bed next to Kiseop. “Oh c’mon…I’m just having a little fun.”

 

“Kevin just stop, why are you listening to those beasts?” Kiseop asked.

 

“Beasts? Please…you’re the only beast around here. Those boys are my family, well they will be once I kill you as least.”

 

“What?” Kiseop said, finally looking up as Kevin and furrowing his eyebrows.

 

“I have to kill you to become a member of the clan.” Kevin repeated himself.

 

“No, not that. What did you say about them being your family?”

 

“They’re my family.” Kevin repeated again, nodding his head slowly.

 

“That’s not true…” Kiseop whispered. “They’re the enemy…”

 

“They saved me Kiseop, I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“That’s a lie…I saved you.” Kiseop replied. Kevin looked blank and confused, like he wasn’t understanding anything. Kiseop put his hands in Kevin’s shoulders, staring him straight in the eyes. “You don’t remember? When I saved you from Kibum and Hoon healed you, when we ran away to that cave and I disappeared, when Jaeseop heard your cries for help from miles away, when I was taken by DUSK and you came to save me despite what the others had said because you…because you loved me…don’t you remember?” Kiseop pleaded.

 

“I…I don’t know what you’re talking about…” Kevin whispered, breaking away from Kiseop’s grasp and looking at the floor boards.

 

“You really don’t…remember anything?” Kiseop mumbled, trying not to believe it. Why did he feel such sadness over this? That part of his life was over now. He didn’t love Kevin anymore and Kevin didn’t love him. Kevin was supposed to be dead, that’s just how it works. People come and go while vampires just sit back and watch and wait for another infatuation to occur. That’s just how life is. So why did Kiseop feel like this? He shook his head, trying to shake the pain away, only to add more.

 

“I’m sorry.” Kevin whispered, getting up and walking away. Once again, Kiseop was alone.



 

I guys!! I hope you really liked this chappie! I didn't...well i did but i didn't.

I feel like this story is getting worse chappie by chappie..

Am i making any sense right now? No?

Anyway, I hope you like it!!

Comments=Love

 

Comment Replies:

Urunana: Omg they were amazing!? YUSS!! And it's alright, I'm not making you update haha. He didn't really decide to fight it just sorta...happened idk. I guess he did sorta. Sorry i'm not helping haha.

0Alicia0: He is indeed~ and yay interesting-ness!! (/^o^)/ ~(^o^)~ \(^O^\)

Panical_love: Maybe they'll run away together...if Kevin ever remembers anything >.< And thank you!!

Vinseopdiva: I think at the moment it's Kevin hurting Kiseop and Ren watching it all play out. And i'm an angry mother sometimes too >.< Mostly for Taoris though. And anyway, I love you too.

Kakurine039: Wah so many questions~~ I can tell you're everywhere haha. I guess you could say his mind is blank? Sorta, but not really. And one of those other guesses is correct but I won't say which one :P