More Suprises

WITHIN REACH

 

“Yoboseyeo?” she was eating her breakfast when her phone rang. It was Hoik.

“Yoon Ae-ah!” he happily said on the other line.

She laughed. “You sound excited.”

“Who wouldn’t be? It’s the last day of school and tomorrow’s the start of holiday!”

“Oh yeah. You’re right.”

“Where are you rightnow?”

“Home. Eating. You?”

“Home.I’ll be late again.”

“You’re always late!” she .

“I know. I’ll see you later.Take care.”

“Neh. Thanks oppa.You too. See you!”

 

As usual, she went to her locker to put some of her things. She was almost near when she noticed a man standing in front of it. He was hooded and seemed to be getting or putting something on her locker. She couldn’t recognize him but…

*He’s the same body built as Hoik oppa.* she thought.

“Yah! What are you doing?” she shouted at him. He was startled but didn’t turn around instead he ran away. She went to her locker and examined it. She found a paper sticking out from the side. She took it and read it:

“Goodmorning beautiful! Had a great time with my surprises yesterday? Have a great day ahead. I’ll see you SOON.”

 

“Huh? I almost caught him?!” she exclaimed. She grew more curious. She wanted to follow the guy but she didn’t know where he’d gone.

 

On the other hand, the ‘culprit’ was not very far. He was hiding in the nearest fire exit, panting and clutching his chest. *I was almost caught red-handed. It’s not yet the right time. Good thing I didn’t turn around. Phew!* he thought to himself. He peeked outside and saw her walking away. He took off his hooded jacket and walked out of the fire exit. He literally ran to the other direction where his homeroom is located.

 

Yoon Ae reached her room. It was very noisy. She noticed that everyone’s gathered around a desk. And it was her desk!

A female classmate named SunYoung approached her. “Yoon Ae! Finally! Come here and look!” Sunyoung said as she took Yoon Ae’s wrist and dragged her to her desk. Everyone gave way to the two. Sunyoung pointed to her desk and saw three boxes of different sizes. She took the smallest box and opened it. It contained a silver necklace with a heart pendant. There was a note attached to it.

Been wanting to give you this --- my HEART. Please take care of it. Arasso? J ”

 

“Wow! Who is that man?” Sunyoung curiously asked her. She shook her head and looked at her classmates.

“Has anyone seen someone who put this here?”

“No.” they answered in unison.

She just nodded took the bigger box. Inside was a silver pair of heels. The note with it said:

This, I know, will surely look good on you. Can’t wait to see you wearing this. J ” 

 

 

*How did he even know my size?!* she thought. And then she came to the last box. She slowly opened it and inside was a beautiful white knee-length fluffy dress which came with a note.

“A beautiful white dress for my lovely angel.”

 

“Kyaaaaaaaaaaaaa… You’re so lucky!” Sunyoung squealed beside her. She didn’t know how to react. She’s now even more curious and excited to meet the guy but she’s also afraid. What if this guy turned out to be a psycho who’s obsessed with her? *OMG!*

 

“Yah! Yoon Ae?” Jinyoung, one of her classmate who just came in the door, called her. He noticed something on the board.

“Neh?”

“Read this.” He answered. She went of the queue and went Jinyoung. Her classmates also turned to the front to see what it is.

This was written on the board.

“Yoon Ae,

Be my date on Yule Ball on Christmas Eve. Till then, my angel.

-         Your ‘Knight’”

 

*So those gifts are for Yule Ball? Wait?! Did he mean OUR Yule Ball?----* her thought was cut off by Sunyoung.

“Sooooo… he’s from our school. OMG! I’m excited for you!” Sunyoung said confirming her thoughts about the mysterious guy.

“Jinyoung-ah? Have you seen the one who wrote this?” she asked but Jinyoung shook his head.

“Arasso…” she said looking disappointed.

Lunch break came. She got a call from Hoik telling her that he was not in school and wouldn’t be able to join her for lunch. She went to the cafeteria and ate alone. While eating, several students approached her asking to be their date on Yule Ball but she politely declined them. She wasn’t deciding yet about her admirer’s wish and she’s still waiting for a person to invite her.