Knight in shining armor

WITHIN REACH

 

“Yoboseyeo!” Yoon Ae answered her phone while walking out of the grocery store.

“Sweetie? Where are you?” Hoik said on other line.

“Er. I’m walking now. I just went to the store to buy some chocolates. Wae oppa?”

“I’m at your home I brought some DVDs to watch.”

“Oh Jinja? Arasso…”

“Ahmm… Do you want me to fetch you there? Where are you right now?”

“Ani. I’m alright. Just wait for me-----“she was cut off by a stranger.

“Hi beautiful agassi…” the man said smiling at her maliciously. She didn’t turn off her phone.

“Excuse me mister…” she tried to escape from the man but she was held back the wrist.

“Hey! Where are you going?”

She flinched at the touch. “Let me pass…”

“Yoon Ae? Hey! Sweetie? What’s happening?!” Hoik asked growing worried.

“O-oppa…” she was about to ask for his help but the stranger took her phone and threw it away.

“C’mere lady…” the man held her close to him.

“Yah! Don’t touch me!”

Hoik, on the other line, heard the constant beeping of her phone. He hurriedly went out of her house and look for her. Not long enough, he found her being dragged away by a man.

“Hey you! Let her go!” he shouted while running.

“Oohh… It’s the knight in shining armor…” the stranger smirked and held her closer to his body.

“Oppa…” she cried.

“Shhh… Don’t worry. I’m here now. I’ll get you.”

“How sweet…” the man mocked them. The man whistled and two other men appeared out of the shadows. “Hold her.” the smallest man took her while the other two started advancing towards Hoik. Soon, they started attacking Hoik. With every punches and kicks that reached Hoik, she screamed helplessly. But after a while, Hoik were able to defeat them. They ran away. Hoik went to her.

“Are you alright?” he asked her.

She smiled weakly. She felt as if all her energy was drained. “N-neh… I’m al-alri-----” she tried answering but suddenly she became unconscious.

“Yah! Yoon Ae?!” Hoik tried calling her but no answer. He immediately carried her bridal style and ran all the way to her house. He took care of her that night. He stayed by her side. Soon, he fell asleep beside her bed.

“N-no! Please no!” Hoik was awakened by Yoon Ae’s voice. He instantly sat on her bed and gently shook her. She was having a nightmare.

“Sweetie! Wake up! Wake up!” she opened her eyes.

“Oppa…” she hugged him the moment he saw him. She cried in his arms. He hugged her back.

“I’m here. Don’t cry. Nothing’s gonna harm you.” He whispered while rocking their body back and forth to calm her. After a few minutes, she calmed down. He gently laid her on the bed.

“You ok now?” she just nodded.

“Okay. I’ll be going now. Sleep tight.” He kissed her forehead and was about to stand up when she held his wrist. He looked at her. “Wae? You want me to stay here with you?” again, she just nodded. Too shy to answer.  He smiled and sat back down. He laid his back on the bed’s headboard.

She looked up at him. “Don’t leave arasso?”

He nodded. “Here. You can hold onto my hand.”

She took his left hand in hers and closed her eyes. “’Night oppa…”

“’Night Sweetie.” He answered as he started to her hair with his other hand. He hummed a song for her. After a while, he heard her even breathing. “That’s right. Sleep tight. No one can harm you. I’ll always be here to protect you, Sweetie. So worry no more.” He whispered.