White Confession(s) [Finale]

WITHIN REACH

 

After the five guys appeared, the music instantly started. The crowd started going crazy again.

“Woah! That’s White Confession!”

“Isn’t it Infinite’s song?”

“Oh my! Infinite’s Christmas song!”

“Is that Infinite again?”

Everyone wondered about the mysterious guys. They started singing but didn’t take off their masks. Yoon Ae’s jaw literally dropped when she heard their voices and the beautiful song. When they reached the chorus of the song, a guy descended from the stairs in the front of the stage. He walked in the middle aisle and then to Yoon Ae’s table. The guy stopped beside her and held out a hand at her. She hesitated but after a few seconds, she took it. She was brought to the center of the stage. The song ended but they were still wearing the mask and she’s still on the stage. The SC President went up the stage.

“Woo! Do you love the performance?” he asked.

“Neh!” the crowd shouted.

“Yeah. Do you want to know who they are?”

“Yes!”

“How about you?” The SC President suddenly asked Yoon Ae.

“A-ahmm…N-neh…”

“Well then, count with me from one to ten. 1…2…3…4…9…and 10!” With the final count, the huge clock inside the venue strikes 12. Slowly, each guys revealed their faces.

“D-double A?!” Yoon Ae whispered while looking at the guys.

“You want to say something guys?” the SC president asked. Woosang took the mic.

“Annyeong Haseyo! We are Dobur A!” they introduced themselves. Yoon Ae was silent and was looking at her best friend her who was looking and smiling at the crowd. Woosang looked at Hoik. Hoik nodded and took the mic. Kimchi gave him the bouquet of white long stemmed roses. Everyone became silent waiting for what’s gonna happen next. Hoik slowly made his way back to her best friend’s side and gave her the flowers. Yoon Ae’s heart was beating fast. It’s already midnight and the guy told her that they’ll gonna meet when 12 arrive. Suddenly, there were excited squeals from the audience. Her eyes turned to the students and her gaze turned to where they’re looking. Her eyes widened. There was a big banner at the middle of the venue that was tied to the ceiling.

“Be Mine, SWEETIE!”

 Those were the words written on that huge banner. Her hands flew to as realization hit her. She slowly looked back to the guy beside her who was studying her every reaction.

“Neo-neorago…” she whispered. He slowly nodded. He took her hands and he slowly kneeled in front of her. She was so shocked as she remembered everything from the first note up to the banner.

“Yoon Ae-ah… Sweetie… I know that this is very shocking for you knowing that we’re best friends. We’re friends for a very long time now. But then, I still wanted to take the risks. Sweetie, please be my girl…” Hoik almost pleaded. He was hoping she will say yes but she showed no expression. She then removed her hands from his. His heart sank. He bowed her head and he felt like crying. He thought that he could make her fall in love with him with all those things but he guessed he failed. Just then, he felt a pair of arms surrounding his neck. He slowly looked up and saw Yoon Ae hugging him.

“Y-yoon Ae-ah…” he whispered in her ear. He heard her sniffed. He cupped her face and saw her in tears. “W-why are you crying Sweetie?” He asked her. She just shook her head and hugged him again. This time he hugged her back as he stood them up together. His eyes went to his friends who were smiling widely at him. Woosang was giving him two thumbs up. After a few minutes, Yoon Ae stopped crying and tried to pull away from him but he didn’t let go. Everyone in the venue was holding their breathe, watching the dramatic scene on the stage.

She looked in his eyes and there she saw his love for her. She started to cry again.

“Sshhh… Why are you crying again?” Hoik asked her while wiping her tears for her.

“I-I was just overwhelmed. I didn’t know that… that ---”

“That I’m in love with you for a very long time now?” she nodded. “Because you’re numb!” he teasingly said.

“Aniya! YOU’RE numb!” she pointed out. His brows furrowed.

“W-what do you mean?” he asked her.

“Pabo! I always thought you just saw me as a little sister and as you’re best friend! That’s why I ended up trying to find love with other guys.” She explained looking at his reactions. She saw how his expression changed from confused to happiness.

He then, enclosed her again in a very tight embrace. “All this time, I thought I’ll never have the chance to confess my feelings for you. That I’ll never have a chance with you.” He whispered in her ear. She smiled and embraced him too.

“We’re both pabo! I’ve been looking for love everywhere, I didn’t notice that love’s right under my nose…” she answered.

He pulled away a bit to look in her beautiful eyes. “Does that mean ----?”

“Yes oppa. I’m always yours.” She cut him off, smiling sweetly.

“I love you Yoon Ae…”

“I love you more Hoik oppa…Merry Christmas…” she answered him. He smiled and slowly leaned down to kiss the only girl who captured his heart a very long time ago. She kissed him back. Then, they heard cheers and squeals from the students. That’s when they remembered that they were in a party. They pulled away and smiled at each other. Hoik caressed her face.

“This is the best Christmas I’ve had and the best Christmas gift ever.”

“Same here…” she told him. And they kissed again, longer this time.