Yule Ball

WITHIN REACH

 

Yesterday, Hoik told her that he wouldn’t be attending the Ball because of a business trip to Japan with Double A. She told him she wouldn’t go if he wouldn’t be there but Hoik convinced her to go. After a long conversation, he had made her agree to attend the Ball. She was already prepared for the Ball. She wore his admirer’s gifts and she also thought of meeting him there. She was waiting for Sunyoung who promised to pick her up, when the doorbell rang. Thinking that it was Sunyoung, she hurriedly opened it.

“I’m ready!” she said but she was shocked to see the person outside.

“Oh! H-hoya-sshi?!”

He saluted and smiled at her. “At your service Ma’am!”

“Er. What are you doing here?”

“I’ll be your chauffeur for tonight. A request from Master Hoik…” he jokingly said.

“Oh… Well…”

“So let’s go?”

“Wait! I’ve got a friend coming to pick me up.”

“Oh Sunyoung-sshi? She’s already at the venue. Hoik already told her about his.”

“Ah… Arasso.”

 

After half an hour, they reached the venue.

“We’re here! Goodbye Yoon Ae-ah! Enjoy the night!”

“G’bye! Thanks Hoya-sshi.”

He waved at her before driving off.

She walked to the door which automatically opened as if someone knew that she’s outside. Everyone looked at her. As she walked to her designated table at the front of the stage, a girl gave her a long stemmed rose with a note. The girl walked away without saying a word. She read it: “I”. That’s the only letter/word written. She continued walking and there were several students who did the same, giving her the roses and notes one by one. When she reached her table, she already has 8 white roses and 8 notes. When she read the notes starting with the first one, it reads: “I love you for a long time now.”

She furrowed her eyebrows, thinking who the person might be. But Sunyoung and her ‘tablemates’ distracted her thoughts. They stood up and gave you another roses and notes. The notes said: “I’ll meet you at 12.”

She looked at her watch. It’s only 9pm. She grew more frustrated. She knew she wouldn’t be able to get an answer from her classmates so she shut up and sat silently in her seat. Before the main program started, they ate their late dinner. It was almost 11pm when the real party started. After all the remarks from all the important people, the party finally began.

“Guys! Attention please!” the Student Council president spoke on the stage. All of the attention went to him. “We have TWO SPECIAL GUESTS from other school. They’re here for some VERY SPECIAL performances.” The crowd cheered. Someone shouted at the back.

“WHO ARE THEY?”

“You’re very excited huh? Alright! I’ll introduce now the first GROUP! Heard that? A group!” the crowd grew louder. “Okay! I won’t keep them for long. Guys! Let’s all welcome! INFINITE from Seoul Arts University!!!” The crowd went wild upon hearing this while Yoon Ae was literally shocked with hanging open. *What’s happening?! INFINITE are really here? And they’ll be performing for us? But they’re a notorious gang!! How on earth----* so many questions revolved around her head. She turned to Sunyoung.

“Yah! Sunyoung?! Why are they here? I mean, what do they mean, performing for us?” she asked. Sunyoung looked at her as if she’s an idiot.

“I thought you’re friends with them? How come you didn’t know?”

“Know what?”

“Oh my! Do you live in a cave? Infinite is a rookie group who debuted under Woolim Ent last June!” Sunyoung explained to her.

“W-what?!” Yoon Ae was totally shocked. She knew about KPOP groups but she was not really an avid fan. She listens to some of their songs but she’s not addicted to it.

“Yeah. Now you know.” Sunyoung returned her attention to the front when the group emerged from the backstage. Now, it dawned on Yoon Ae why Infinite never hangs out with her on the mall. It’s either in their dorm, in your house or Hoik’s. Yoon Ae just looked at them when they started performing their song ‘Paradise’, according to Sunyoung.

After the performance, L grabbed a mic. They introduced themselves. “Guys! Our last song for tonight will be dedicated for a VERY SPECIAL person. I won’t mention her name because she’ll know it when midnight arrives.” L explained and then he slightly turned his gaze at Yoon Ae’s table. Yoon Ae and Sunyoung noticed it.

“Yah! Yoon Ae? Is L your mystery guy?” Sunyoung asked.

“Morugessoyo…” Yoon Ae just answered. Both of their eyes shifted back to the stage when they started singing. According to Sunyoung, the song was entitled ‘Be Mine’.

When the song ended, the group bade goodbye. The SC president went back to the stage.

“Woah! You love it?” The crowd cheered. “Hmmm… Seems like someone got an admirer here!” he added shifting his gaze on her table. He chuckled. “Well, what time is it?” he looked at his wristwatch. “Almost twelve? Well, are you ready to meet the next group who’ll perform for us?”

“Yeah!”

“Well, here they are! Guys! Take the dance floor. It’s yours.” The lights on the stage were turned off and five spotlights appeared. Five masked guys emerged from the backstage and went to each spotlight.