Chapter Fourteen

This is How It Goes

|Chapter Fourteen|

 

Mone blinked incredulously at Jong-in. "Who was that?"
He let out a low whistle, devouring more of her crepe. "Dani," he smirked. "Wae? Jealous-"
"Yah," Mone barked, pouting. "She kissed you, why wouldn't I be jealous? I haven't been with you one complete week, and you already have girls trying to seduce you. And not just any other girl, but a dongsaeng. She looked like a middle schooler," Mone scoffed.
Jong-in grinned, flourishing happily as he was adorned with Mone's jealousy. "Jagiya," he purred playfully, kissing her. "You don't have to be jealous."
Mone let out a long breath and hummed, diffident. She crossed her arms and picked nonchalantly at her crepe in his hand. She raised her brows, however, as he set it down on the small plate over to the side. Suddenly, Jong-in removed her folded arms and slipped her onto his lap, leaning his forehead against hers. "She's younger than your brother," he chuckled heartily. "I'm not going to go for some kid, okay?" 
Mone nodded in response, and Jong-in rubbed her back soothingly as she leaned her head on his shoulder. "Now, what did you want me to promise you?" he asked her sweetly.

Mone was hesitant, but in the end, she decided to just shake her head. "It's nothing, really," she smiled softly. "It's fine."
"You sure?"

Mone nodded, reflecting his smile. Just promise me that you won't fall for other girls when you're in this relationship with me, Jong-in.

 

 

"She was a neighborhood friend. Back at my old elementary school, we had fifth graders buddy up with younger students as mentors and such. Dani just happened to be the kid I was mentoring, and we were already familiar with each other, so we just grew close. I think ever since, she's been kind of obsessed with me," Jong-in chuckled. "But then again, who wouldn't be attracted to this?"
He ran a hand down his torso and abs teasingly, sending a flirtatious lip bite to Mone, who only rolled her eyes; she had already grown accustomed to his playful, mischievious tactics. She's been with him for a little bit over a month now, how could she not be used to it by now? Jong-in teases her like this almost every day, if not, every hour.

Jong-in leans against one of the studio's mirror walls, placing himself closely beside Mone. "I stil have to dance for you," he said. "Why are we even in here if you're not going to let me dance?"
Mone smiled. "I never said you weren't allowed to. I just like the atmosphere in here," she chirped in reply. "It's quiet.. and we don't get a lot of that, is all."
Jong-in rested his head on top of hers, letting out a contented sigh. "I have good news and bad news. I found out both just this morning.."

"What's the good news?" Mone asked hastily.
Jong-in smiled, fishing into his pockets, pulling out two pieces of papers -- tickets. "I bought you and Myung Dae tickets to our showcase. Front row, center seats. You'll have a perfect view of me," he grinned cheekily.
Mone accepted them gladly, thanking him with a soft kiss on his nose. "Goh mah woh."
"I'll pick you up that night. Performers have to arrive an hour early, so you can hang around backstage with me.. Sound good?"

Mone nodded once more. "Really, thank you," she giggled.

He wrapped his arm around, her letting her snuggle comfortably into his chest. "And then there's.. somewhat bad news."
"It can't be that bad, right?" Mone demurred gently.
Jong-in shrugged. "I consider it bad news for the both of us... as in our relationship." This nearly made Mone's skin crawl. 

"Mwoh?" she squeaked.

They hadn't been together even a couple three months, and now he's saying their relationship could be at risk. He winced, clicking his tongue. "It's news from Dani," he told her, eyeing her seriously. "She uh... she got accepted into Seoul Elite. She'll be attending as a performing arts student next week... apparently, she got in because she's supposedly going to be a new addition to the girl-group T-ARA. You're familiar with that queenka group?"
Mone nodded slowly.
"They're going to debut under Core Contents Media.. and.. yeah," Jong-in whistled.
Mone pouted. "She's coming to our school?" she whined. "Ah, more to add to the jerks."
"Hey!" Jong-in cried softly.

He nuzzled his nose into the crook of her neck, tickling her with his warm breath and soft kisses. "It's not like anything is going to happen, alright? She's just another freshman that gets special treatment because she's gonna debut," Jong-in assured her. "She's just a kid.. honestly, she even gets on my nerves sometimes. Nothing will happen, okay? She's just another kid."
He reassured Mone continuously until she finally caved in into his request to play nice with the "child". He smiled at her agreement, planting a long kiss upon her lips. "Goh mah woh, Mone-ah."

He laced their fingers together. "C'mon."
"What?" she blinked up at him as he dragged her up to his feet.

"I wanna slow dance with you," he tittered cheerfully, putting on a slow song. The rhythmic piano rung throughout the spacious studio, and Jong-in felt the mood immediately, taking Mone into his arms. She simply just let him lead, letting him sway her, letting him rest his chin on the crown of her head.  Her arms were tucked safely around his neck and his around her waist. One hand, eventually cupped her cheek as the background music began to speed up; he leaned in, kissing her gently at first, before he naturally let their lips dance together in an innate sync.
The two stood in the middle of the room, surrounding by mirrors, enjoying the company of one another. Jong-in smiled lightly into the kiss, feeling Mone's petite hands run course through the thick locks of his dark hair. Jong-in was deciding to take it up a notch further, planning to bite down on Mone's lower lip, when suddenly a loud, obnoxious cough interrupted them, causing the two to pull away from one another immediately.

The couple was beet red, and awkward... at least one of them was. Mone was flushing, burying the bottom half of her face with her slim hands, eyes wide and blushing madly. Jong-in just stood there smirking to himself, shoving his hands deep into the contents of his pockets. "Aish, Chanyeol-hyung," he muttered. 'Wae?"
Chanyeol grinned cheekily at the two, playfully sticking his tongue out. "I'd love to watch you two make out all day, but Kai needs to start rehearsal now," the older male responded, gesturing twoards the rest of the EXO memebers, who weren't making any effor to stifle in their laughter.
Jong-in's lips touched Mone's cheek lightly. "Mianhe," he chuckled. He toyed with her fingers as he intertwined their hands. "Why don't you watch?"

Mone nodded. "Mm. Keurae."

 

 

Dani's eyes glowered upon her favorite oppa and that mystery girl from the Han River, watching them observantly as they occassionally fed each other ther own lunches, munching happily at their lunch table. Dani blinked slightly as one of her T-ARA unnie's nudged her. "Yah, you okay?"
Dani nodded to Jiyeon. "I'm fine."
Jiyeon's eyes followed Dani's secretive gaze and scoffed. "Don't even mess with them two, araseo?"

Jiyeon was definitely familiar with both Mone and Jong-in; she was friends with Jong-in as it is, being in the same department and having some classes together and all, but she was definitely fond of Mone; earlier this schoolyear, Mone had gladly helped Jiyeon with tutoring as well, and for raising her Math Analysis miraculously into an A, Jiyeon found herself indebted to Mone, no matter how much the latter kept protesting against it.

Dani scrunched her nose up with distaste only to have it be flicked down by Boram. "Listen to Jiyeon-unni, Dani-ah," Boram scolded.
Jiyeon nodded. "Don't meddle with people's relationships -- it's just low and demeaning. And plus, you have no time to be fooling around. You'll be debuting with our next comeback, so just focus on your schoolwork, and work affairs," Jiyeon chided. "Araseo, Dani-ah?"

Jiyeon's voice profusely rose in volume, seeing as how Dani usually went against her orders, no matter how much older she was. Dani only nodded, pouting slightly, averting her attention back to the happy campers a few tables over.

"If you understand, then say so," Jiyeon barked. She knew she was being harsh, but how was this kid going to learn any other way? Dani was about 15, and she was already going to enter a world full of darkness -- how could she be fumbling over her feet over some stupid boy?
"Araseo," Dani snapped, pouting with discontent.

She rolled her eyes once Jiyeon had her attention back on her food, scowling at her unnie rudely. She clicked her tongue, scoffing mentally to herself watching Jong-in place another kiss on Mone for the hundredth time that lunch period. Her scowl grew as she continued to eye Mone. Mone would've been buried six feet underground by now if looks alone could kill.

Dani smirked to herself with disgust, envious of the lovely relationship Mone shared with Jong-in.

Oppa is mine... and Dani doesn't share.