Chapter 5 part II

Guardian Angel

 

A/N: If anything I write here isn’t true about Korea, it’s because I’m basing it off Australia, which is where I live. I’ve not been to Korea yet, so I can’t exactly pretend to know about everything there. You have my apologies in advance if it makes the story any less enjoyable for you dear readers.

 

---

 

“[Hey, Krys?]” Amber and Krystal were halfway back to the Jungs. “[I’m gonna be leaving now.]”

 

“[What? Why?]” Krystal asked, dismayed. She wanted to spend more time with Amber and get to know her better; so far, she liked everything.

 

“[Aw, are you sad that I’m leaving, Soojungie?]” Amber cooed happily. Krystal stuck out her tongue childishly at the other, who just grinned in an amused way and prodded Krystal’s soft cheek repeatedly.

 

Hehe, she’s so cute, thought Amber, but her happy expression morphed into a frown when she realised that Krystal had returned to her previous quiet state.

 

“[Is it ‘cause you don’t wanna hang with your family now?]” Amber asked quietly.

 

“[… I don’t want to sound mean or anything, but that’s part of it…]” Krystal answered in kind.

 

“[Hey, it’s okay,]” Amber said. “[Everyone wants a break from their families once in a while.]”

 

“[But like you said, it’s because they don’t want me to worry, right?]”

 

“[Yeah, but if you really can’t take it anymore, that’s when awesome people like me come in!]” Amber grinned hugely. She spread her arms wide out, and Krystal couldn’t help but giggle at Amber’s carefree posture.

 

“[What do you mean?]” Krystal asked.

 

“[Do you wanna hang with me for a day?]” Amber beamed proudly, as if her suggestion was the best and most obvious idea anyone could ever have thought of. “[Since it’s my first time in Korea, you could like… show me around?]”

 

“[Eh. Are you sure?]” Krystal had to make sure she wasn’t just hearing things.

 

“[Of course! I’d love to hang out with you. For a first friend, you’re not a bad buddy,]” Amber winked.

 

Krystal gave Amber a small shove. “[Oh please, I’m the best friend you’re gonna get, Amber!]”

 

Amber made a subtle snort, but Krystal looked over it; she knew Amber was kidding around.

 

“[So you do think you can persuade my parents to let me go with you? They might be a little overprotective of me as of now, you know…]” Krystal hinted. On the inside, she was happy. Screw that, she was simply ecstatic! Just the mere fact that Amber had even asked her to hang out meant that Amber was willing to spend time with her.

 

“[Well, we’ll see about that, won’t we?]” On that note, Amber took Krystal’s hand in her own and walked her back to her family, all the while swinging it slightly. As soon as the short haired girl spotted the Jungs, she let go, afraid to subject the younger to more teasing and ridicule. Krystal was grateful, but her hand suddenly felt cold without Amber’s comforting warmth.

 

The older Jung sibling caught sight of them and waved them over. “We’re just about done here. You ready to go home, Krystal?”

 

Amber shared a look with Krystal, unsure of why her heart was suddenly pounding like never before. She cleared and decided to speak up. “Excuse me, Mr. Jung, but is it okay if Krystal hangs out with me today? I mean, I just came here, and I need a sort of guide and all…”

 

Mr Jung just cracked up the moment he saw the tomboy’s face. “Amber, calm down! Why do you look so nervous? It’s like you’re asking me if you can date my youngest daughter or something!”

 

The rest of the family laughed along with him, save for Krystal, who stared at Amber’s face, noting that it had turned a pretty red and wore a mortified expression.

 

“Nonono! Krystal and I are just friends!” Amber vehemently denied Mr. Jung’s suggestive comments; she flailed her arms frantically as she shot Krystal a pleading look. “Right, Krystal?”

 

Krystal knew it was the truth; however, she couldn’t help noticing the depressing feeling from taking over her at Amber’s denials. She nodded an affirmation with a straight face, determined to not let anyone see her true emotions. Besides, she wasn’t even sure how she felt towards that attractive tomboy, her Angel, at this stage yet. She did know there was a definite attraction somewhere, and she felt crushed as Amber insisted on them merely being friends.

 

Amber herself was relieved as she saw Krystal agree with her, but something in Amber twinged as Krystal confirmed Amber’s words; her heart suddenly felt heavy, but she paid it no mind. She shook it off and paid attention to what Mr. Jung was saying.

 

“Of course Soojung can go with you, but you make sure you look out for her, you hear me?”

 

“Yes sir!” Amber replied enthusiastically; she was excited at the prospect of a day with Krystal. The weight on her heart lifted considerably; was it because Krystal was her first friend in Korea and she didn’t want to make a bad impression? The tomboy couldn’t put her finger on it, but there was something about Krystal’s shy, yet playful attitude that made Amber like her; it made her feel somewhat special that Krystal had shared some of her problems with her, like Amber was one of the few people she trusted.

Amber was an overall friendly person, always willing to help others with a polite air, but she genuinely liked Krystal, and she was definitely glad to have met Krystal on her first day.

 

“Do you need Sooyeon to go with you guys?” Mr. Jung offered. Krystal stood behind her father and crossed her arms while mouthing ‘NO’ desperately to Jessica.

 

“Oh sorry, appa,” Jessica said. “I promised Yuri I’d spend the day with her.”

 

Krystal reacted to this with a huge, obviously relieved smile.

 

“Alright. You kids can go play,” Mr. Jung chuckled. “Stay safe!”

 

Amber bowed and walked away from the Jungs with Krystal. The excitement was mounting in her quickly – she couldn’t wait to start.

 

---

 

Krystal led the tomboy to a taxi as she had requested, where Amber gave the driver an address.

 

“[Whose address is that, Amber?]”

 

“[It’s mine!]” Amber said, throwing a peace sign at a dumbfounded Krystal.

 

“[W-What? You own a house?]”

 

“[Well, my dad kinda bought me one ‘cause I’m gonna have to live here, y’know?]”

 

“[Wow Amber… Your own house at this age? How old are you anyway?]”

 

“[I’m turning 18 soon, Soojungie,]” Amber smiled. “[My birthday’s in September, on the 18th.]”

 

“[That’s a while away,]” Krystal said. “[At least it means I won’t have to buy you anything for a few more months.]”

 

“[Aw, no fair,]” Amber whined. “[What about for all those other 16 years I didn’t get a present from you?]”

 

“[Aish, stop whining like that,]” Krystal complained. “[It’s so girly.]”

 

“[Hey, I am a girl you know!]” Amber reminded her.

 

A very handsome girl indeed, thought Krystal.

 

The rest of the taxi ride passed with the two friends making playful banter with each other, during which Krystal managed to find out that Amber’s favourite colour was red, she loved basketball, the fact that she was Christian and other trivial things like that. Amber had lifted up her sleeve to proudly show off the tattoo etched on her left wrist; it portrayed two words, Pray and Faith which were drawn in the shape of a cross.

 

Amber handed their driver the taxi money after he had dropped them off at their designated direction, where Krystal got her first glimpse of Amber’s house. She could see that it was, in fact, a very average house, and actually rather small.

 

“[I told my dad that I didn’t want a huge house,]” Amber confessed. “[It’s got two rooms, a kitchen, bathroom, living room and laundry room. As it’s only me living there, that’s definitely gonna be way more than enough space.]”

 

Krystal nodded automatically as the tomboy’s words washed over her – she was still in awe of the fact that Amber actually had her own house.

 

“[You’ll probably get lonely living by yourself, huh…]” Krystal commented.

 

“[Yeah,]” the tomboy replied sadly. The younger’s heart hurt to see Amber with that sad expression, but suddenly the latter adopted a huge smile. “[But that won’t matter now. I get to spend the rest of my day with you!]”

 

Krystal giggled when she saw the other’s ridiculously big grin and somewhat cheesy statement, but it came from Amber, so the cheesiness was bearable.

 

Amber withdrew something from her pocket and pressed on the item in her hand. Krystal’s ears caught the sound of something whirring smoothly before her she saw something move in her peripheral vision.

 

Amber’s garage door was slowly retreating upwards into its little crevice to reveal a shiny, stunning looking motorbike. Krystal was no crazy fan of bikes, but even she could tell that this glossy, gorgeous vehicle was simply a beast.

 

“[Aha, red, your favourite colour, I see,]” Krystal remarked.

 

“[Why yes it is,]” the tomboy smiled proudly as she pulled the younger into her garage, seemingly eager to showcase her magnificent bike. Krystal’s heart rate picked up considerably at the sudden contact, but was a little disappointed as Amber had let go all too soon. The short-haired girl walked over to the garage wall, where two helmets – black and blue – sat on a shelf. She picked up the beautifully decorated blue one and gave it to Krystal.

 

“[Here, a blue one for you, Krys. I think it suits you,]” Amber said in a soft tone. “[Do you like it?]”

 

“[It’s actually my favourite colour, Amber… thank you!]” Krystal said, surprised.

 

“[Well, aren’t I awesome for picking it out?]” Amber winked. Krystal meronged her and slid the helmet on, confused as to why she suddenly felt so elated. Surely Amber had picked the blue helmet by chance, right? There was no way she could have known that it was Krystal’s favourite colour…

 

Aish, I need to stop overthinking things, Krystal reprimanded herself. Amber is a normal human being and I get to spend the day with her. What more do I want?

 

“[Come on, let’s go, Krys,]” Amber called. She was already seated on the crimson bike, ready and waiting for Krystal as she donned her own black helmet.

 

“[One question, Amber,]” Krystal said with a sly grin, though of course Amber couldn’t see it. “[Do you know how to drive?]”

 

“[I am offended, Krystal,]” Amber said indignantly. “[This baby here isn’t just for looks, you know. I do actually know how to drive and I’ll prove it to you. Well, maybe it’s partly for looks… wait what am I saying? Of course I know how to drive!]”

 

The youngest Jung simply laughed as she made her way over to Amber. She easily swung her leg over it and settled down comfortably on the seat; she placed her hands lightly on Amber’s sides.

 

“[Krystal?]”

 

“[What?]”

 

“[I think you’re supposed to hold on a little tighter than that… don’t want you falling off.]”

 

Both blushed at Amber’s words, but it was Krystal who was noticeably more affected.

 

“[O-Oh, okay,]” she stuttered, obviously embarrassed. She slid her two arms around Amber’s midriff and tried to not press herself against the other too much; she was afraid of what would happen to her if there was too much contact.

 

“[Okay, let’s go!]” Looking over Amber’s shoulder, Krystal saw her flip a switch and turn a key before she jammed her finger down on the ‘starting’ button – the engine roared to life with a huge snarl fit for this monster they were about to ride.

 

“[Hold on, Krystal!]” Amber yelled. Krystal only had a split second’s notice before Amber twisted her right hand sharply downwards – the younger was forced to engulf the older in a tight death grip as the bike’s front wheel suddenly lifted up from the ground. She barely held in a scream as Amber flew them out of the garage; Krystal was sure they were literally airborn for a few seconds, and her suspicions were confirmed as she felt a heavy bump when both wheels touched ground again.

 

As scared as she was, she couldn’t help noticing how the tomboy had a well sculpted feeling stomach; even under all that clothing, the abs were noticeable. She blushed when she realised what she was touching, but even though she knew it was weird to think of Amber like that, she had no intentions of loosening her grip.

 

The air whipped and tore around them furiously as they raced through the crowded streets of Seoul. Krystal smiled when she heard Amber expelling the air in her lungs in the form of an exhilarated yell. They continued speeding with Amber weaving skilfully around cars, in and out, all the while changing gears smoothly. Krystal had to admit that Amber was a pretty good driver.

 

“[So where do you wanna go, Krys?]” Amber asked once they had slowed down a little.

 

“[Huh?]” Krystal was too engrossed by the feeling of Amber’s well-toned abs under her fingertips to notice what Amber had asked her.

 

“[C’mon, Krys. I practically stole you from your family with the intention of going out- I mean, getting you to show me around!]”

 

Amber was confused at the word slip, not really quite sure why she had said that, but luckily Krystal didn’t seem to have picked it up.

 

“[Oh um, how about you turn left here?]” Krystal suggested. “[It’s a mall I usually go to with my friends.]”

 

Amber veered sharply to the left like Krystal had pointed out, eliciting a high pitched scream from the latter as they narrowly missed getting run over by a car; Amber merely laughed in an amused way when Krystal smacked her shoulder.

 

“[What the hell, you dork? We almost died!]” came Krystal’s enraged shout.

 

“[Calm down, Princess,]” Amber smirked. “[I’m too good to let anything happen to you!]”

 

Princess? Krystal repeated in her mind, eyes open wide.

 

Amber sighed ruefully when she realised that Krystal didn’t say anything.

 

“[Look, I’m sorry, Krys,]” she apologized. “[I didn’t realise it would scare you so much… will you forgive me?]”

 

She grew more worried when Krystal did not reply, but she was relieved when she felt the younger’s fingers squeezing her stomach area, followed by a tiny, “[Yes, you dork…]”

 

“[Thank you, Princess,]” the tomboy smiled. They continued the ride in silence until Krystal saw the mall.

 

“[Hey, is this it, Krys?]” Amber asked as they approached what appeared to be a large shopping mall.

 

“[Yeah. Turn here,]” Krystal directed her. “[And watch out for cars, you stupid!]”

 

---

 

A/N: If anything I write here isn’t true about Korea, it’s because I’m basing it off Australia, which is where I live. I’ve not been to Korea yet, so I can’t exactly pretend to know about everything there. You have my apologies in advance if it makes the story any less enjoyable for you dear readers.

Well, I haven't actually finished the whole chapter yet, but I feel bad because I haven't updated in so long, so I'm extremely sorry and hope you enjoyed this little bit!

As usual, comments, subscribers and anything would be appreciated! <3