Chapter 2

Guardian Angel

 

I breathed a sigh of relief as I saved Krystal from her near death experience. Had I hesitated a little longer, she’d have been squished flat like a pancake, but please, like I would let that happen.

 

I smiled, glad that I had averted this crisis from her. As soon as I had pushed the truck away, my gaze had been focused on her. My small smile became a full blown grin as I looked into her beautiful eyes.

 

“Thank goodness you’re safe, Krystal,” I murmured.

 

Suddenly, I felt something… some kind of powerful connection flowing between us.

 

“Yeah, thanks... Amber,” she replied with an angelic smile.

 

I froze. What? What was happening? She shouldn’t have been able to see me. What the freaking heck? And how did she know my name?

 

Before I could ponder or worry about the situation anymore, I saw her turn back to her friends… Victoria and Nichkhun or something. However, her step didn’t look right, and I momentarily panicked as I saw her body succumb to gravity; I bet she passed out. I quickly flashed to her side and caught her in my arms before setting her down gently on the ground. I looked at her friends and started waving my arms wildly, but they didn’t seem to be able to see me… so why had Krystal managed to do so?

 

I could think no further before my vision faded and I lost consciousness.

 

---

 

“Nnnngh…”

 

I rubbed my head tiredly. I had the impression I was lying on a cloud, as my back was touching something that felt completely soft and light. I opened my eyes blearily and frowned slightly. It was really freakin’ bright.

 

Suddenly, I remembered what had happened. I sat bolt upright before my eyes landed on a pair of legs. My eyes steadily grew wider as they travelled further up the person’s frame; I was staring at God.

 

I hurriedly got to my feet, embarrassed that I apparently passed out in front of him.

 

“Sorry sir,” I apologized; it was accompanied with a deep bow.

 

“Amber, Amber…” He sighed. “What am I going to do with you?”

 

I stared at him nervously, wide-eyed with my insides in a frantic turmoil as I waited to see what He wanted.

 

“You let Krystal see you,” He breathed softly.

 

At these words, I immediately started bowing repeatedly. “I’m extremely sorry sir… I don’t even know how it happened! I won’t let it happen again!”

 

“It’s no use,” He said sadly. “I did warn you before, you know.”

 

Fear struck at my core, hard. I had suddenly become the most scared I had ever been in my whole Angel lifetime. I had no idea what was going to happen to me now.

 

“I’m afraid I must strip you of your Angel powers, Amber,” He continued.

 

All I could do was gape at Him, in denial of what I was hearing.

 

“However, because you have been a mostly responsible, faithful Angel, I will let you become a Human instead of erasing your existence,” He said. “I will, however, proceed to remove your memories. Would you like to accept this offer?”

 

“Y-yes…” I replied numbly. What else could I say?

 

“I will give you a family and a life – a rather comfortable one, too. I am doing this because I know the love you feel for Krystal is true and pure, Amber. If you so happen to meet her again and pursue her, you may face a hard journey on your way to love, but I assure you, if you persist and continue with true intentions, you will live a happy Human life. Do you understand, Amber?”

 

“Yes sir,” I said as strongly as I could. My heart was pounding in my chest. He had given me another chance, and this time, I could go after Krystal freely without worrying whether I was an Angel or not. Besides, I had always wanted to experience a Human life.

 

My only small worry was that when my memories were stripped… I wouldn’t remember Krystal anymore.

 

A/N: Sorry the chapter's so short. I have no idea what I'm writing anymore. LOL. Just letting it... flow...

Thanks to everyone who commented/subscribed! I love you all :3

Please comment. I'd like to know what you guys think of my story ;D