Day 3: Villefranche-Sur-Mer France (Part 2)

Cruisin' To Your Heart

 

2:00 PM - Villefranche Port Wine Pier

 

Yuri arrived in her pink Kawasaki Ninja 250R. She stopped, just a few meters away from them and turned the engine off. Meanwhile, Summer is raising an eyebrow, a grin on her face, as if enjoying a private joke.

 

“Sorry I’m late.” Yuri said as she walked near them.

 

“You better. Anyway, I covered for you pretty well.” Summer muttered.

 

“I think Ms. Hwang should be the judge of that.” Yuri said while directing a smile to Tiffany who is still at awe.

 

“Uhmm. She has been great. I can’t ask for any other Ms. Kwon.” Tiffany answered back formally.

 

“Maybe you can drop the formality?” Summer suggested.

 

“It will not be appropriate, don’t you think.” Yuri turned to her.

 

“Come on George, Tiffany is a guest I know. But this is not work. This is a favor from your father.” Summer insisted.

 

“It is an order from my father, therefore, this is work.”

 

“It’s not like you’re not a SONE. You’re enjoying this as much as I do.” Summer blurted out.

 

“Summer Choi Sooyoung you are embarrassing me!!” Yuri squealed.

 

“George Kwon Yuri, you leave me with no choice.” Summer said, smiling, teasing her friend.

 

The best friends’ conversation fascinated Tiffany. How can this two be so formally cute?

 

“Uhmmm, I think I’m fine with dropping the formalities. Well, since you’re a SONE.” Tiffany shyly suggested. Summer chuckled earning a slight punch from a flushed Yuri.

 

“See, she’s cool.” Summer said, ending her conversation with her friend. “I have better things to do in the ship so I’ll leave you two.”

 

“I don’t think it is a good idea. I do not want to ruin her trip. You should come with us today, atleast.”

 

“I agree. Please come with us Summer.” Tiffany requested.

 

“Okay but I have conditions. You two will drop the formalities and Tiffany you will ride with Yuri in her bike.”

 

“What? I can’t ride with her!” Tiffany protested.

 

“Come on Tiff, it is pink.”

 

“I know, and I love it, but I can’t Summer.”

 

“Why? You do not know how to ride bikes?”

 

“I do, but not with her.”

 

Yuri who is listening to their conversation walks to her bike and starts the engine. She rides back to the still arguing SooFany and decides to make her move.

 

“You two looks like a bickering couple. Summer, go take the car and follow us. And make sure to follow.” She then grabs Tiffany’s arm, careful not to hurt her. “Do not be afraid of me. I will not let you get hurt.” She said, sincerely.

 

“It’s not that…” Tiffany said trailing. She is being drag now to the bike. Yuri jumps first steadying herself then reaches for her hands so she can climb safely.

 

“Here, take this. Just hold my shoulders for support. I will drive slowly.” Yuri instructed, giving the helmet to Tiffany who is still not saying anything.

 

“Please say something Ms. Tiffany.”

 

“Are you really a Sone?” Tiffany chose to ask the question to lighten the mood.

 

Yuri chuckled. “Well yes, for three years now.”

 

“Who is your favorite member?” Tiffany asked with an eye smile. She still cannot believe that someone like her is a fan and hoping she is a Fanytastic.

 

“Don’t worry it’s not you. Grab my shoulders now so we can go.” Yuri answered with a grin.

 

“Ah, okay then.”

 

“Are we moving or are you two just going to keep chatting in there. It looks very romantic though. If you could just grab her waist Tiffany.” Summer winked and laughed hard seeing how embarrassed they are.

 

 It was a nice drive. The rush anyone gets when riding a bike is just amazing. Tiffany had a great time touring the city. She learned that originally, Yuri planned to snorkel that day but due to time constraints, opted for the city tour instead. So far, she is being an awesome host. Although the atmosphere becomes awkward sometimes, Summer is there to help break it. They are enjoying it so much, they did not realize it is almost time to get back.

 

“! Yuri, we only has five minutes to go back to the port.” Summer quickly enters her car and starts the engine.

 

“What’s happening?” Tiffany asked, confused.

 

“I’ll explain along the way. Hop in and this time, I think you need to hold on me tighter.” Yuri ordered. Tiffany quickly rides the bike and holds on to Yuri’s shoulder.

 

“If you’re going to hold me tighter on my shoulder, your hands will slip. Hug my waist, we do not have much time.” Tiffany is still hesitant but Yuri’s stern voice compelled her.

 

Once Yuri secured that Tiffany is holding her tightly, she went into full throttle and drive to the port, following Summer’s car.

 

“You are the owner of the ship. I’m sure they will wait for you.” Tiffany mumbled.

 

“Even if I’m the owner, I still need to respect the job of my workers. The captain is the king of the ship and he must rule it. There are also a lot of consequences if we do not leave on time.”

 

She is so admirable. And she..she smells so good. Oh my Tiffany Hwang what are you thinking.

 

“Tiffany, are you okay? We’re here.” Yuri said, turning her head towards her.

 

Tiffany opened her eyes and saw an unfamiliar place.

 

“Where are we?”

 

“This is the part of the ship where vehicles of higher ups are kept.” Tiffany saw the car Summer used and an Alfa Romeo parked on a marked slot.

 

“Is that your car also?” She asked referring to the red Alfa.

 

“Nope. That one is.” Yuri pointed to her Volvo C30, which she used in France. “I prefer motorcycles. My father makes sure I have two for each ship in case I wanted to visit.”

 

“Why did you choose to use the pink one?”

 

“Well, for some reason I can’t find the k..”

 

“Enjoying so far?” Summer cut Yuri’s words. Tiffany realized she’s still hugging Yuri by the waist. She removed her hand, took off her helmet and passed it to Yuri.

 

“Thanks for the ride. It’s awesome.” She carefully hopped off the bike and fixed her dress. Summer put her hands over Tiffany’s shoulder and whispered. “She used the pink one to impress you.” Grinning foolishly, she winked.

 

Yuri, who is busy parking her bike, did not hear any of it.

 

“Did you ask her who her favorite member is?”

 

“I did.”

 

“Oh, you shouldn’t have.” Summer said waving a hand at her. Tiffany looked at her wide-eyed and smacked her arm.

 

“Mean.” Summer laughed so hard, it startled the busy Yuri.

 

“She didn’t answer me though.”

 

“Really? Well, you wouldn’t be surprised.”

 

“Don’t tell me it’s Jessica?”

 

“No. Jessica’s all mine.” Summer’s brows moves up and down. “Ask her again.”

 

“What is it?” Yuri interrupted.

 

“She’s just teasing. Let’s go, I’m tired.” Tiffany uttered.

 

9:00pm - Open Deck

“So here we are again, waiting for you to get sleepy. By the way, what happened last night?” Yuri and Summer are sitting on the lounges sipping margarita.

 

“Nothing happened.”

 

“Well Tiffany stated otherwise.”

 

“She said something?” Yuri said, nervous.

 

Summer got a bit suspicious but ignored it. “I was about to wake you up but she said you just slept. Could it be?”

 

“What? I waited for her to wake up so I can sleep. It’s not like I can just sleep beside her.”

 

“Does it mean you only stared at her the whole night?”

 

*Cough cough “Of course not!” Yuri said defensively.

 

“Why don’t you ask her if you can?”

 

“And expect her to agree? No thank you, I’m still a bit sane.”

 

“There’s no harm in trying. If she agrees, you’ll be lucky. Come on Yuri, she’s still on the top three of your biases.”

 

“Why are you pushing it? All my life, I only shared a bed with a bolster and you’re asking me to share it with her? What if I accidentally cuddle her while sleeping? What will she think?”

 

“That you’re dreaming or you like her.”

 

“She will probably think I’m taking advantage because of what happened yesterday. Gosh I’m so stupid.”

 

“It’s an accident. You have a condition.”

 

“A bad condition. I will not take my medicine tonight and succumb to work so I will not be bored.”

 

“You are making me worry Yuri. Just ask her. It’s not healthy.”

 

“Not happening Choi.” Yuri said and walked away leaving Summer behind.

 

“And end call.” All the while Summer is calling Tiffany, purposely letting her hear everything. Later, she will just say that she accidentally pushed the call button.

 

“I’m a genius.” She said to herself.

 

 


Good night guys. Hope you enjoyed it. Please leave comments. Pretty please...Thanks in advance!!