Stay With Me

This Can't be Jealousy

Junhyung POV

y, cool, suav, hot. I've been described as all those things and more. I can't even count the number of girls (and boys) who have confessed to me. That'r right, i'm pretty much the . But, somehow, right now, i feel like an idiot. I've never felt so stupid and embarassed before. Seriously. Forget being cool, i feel like the Lord of Lame right now. Kikwang is still slightly sweaty from hsi performance. I can see why Dongwoon admires him like crazy, the guy really is a god. I knew it from the moment i first saw him. And someone as godly and cool as him deserves way better than a ing sunflower that i stole from Jonghyun's locker. I could've at least snagged the boquet of roses on IU's dresser. He blinks at me in confusion and takes a little step back. I look down at my feet and shuffle them a little bit. Jeezes, what is this? A twelve-year-old's love confession?! I take a deep breath and look up to meet his gaze. Okay, here we go. Lets get those suav juices flowing. Thta's right, you hot stuff Junhyung. So what if all you've got for the iest human being on earth is a sunflower? Those are the circumstances so just work it. Yeah! I give a smile and step forward, getting ready to lift the sunflower and say something like 'you were like the sun out there'. I open my mouth and.... trip over my untied shoe lace and hit the ground, mouth still open, shoving the sunflower out in front of me. ing Onew condition. I knew that was contagious. I hear a muffled laugh and feel the sunflower pulled gently out of my grip. I look up just in time to see Kikwang smiling into the flower, his pretty eyes practically disapearing into little crescents. Hmm, maybe the sunflower was a good choice after all.

"Are you okay?" What? Oh. Oh !! I'm still on the ground. I scramble onto my feet and dust off my pants. I clear my throat and sctartch the back of my throat.

"Um, yeah, um, so, um... What did Yoseob say?" Kikwang's smile immediately disapears. Dear God, if your out there, please take away my powers of speach. Or rewind time. Or just kill me. 

"He was really upset. He blames me more than you." He gives a tiny shrug and looks down at his feet.

"Um.... That sunflowers for you. You were amazing." Wow. That was a totally smooth transition of the subject, Junhyung. Not like your avoiding the topic at all. Kikwang still won't look up at me.

"Thanks. You were good too. Sorry, but i have to go now." He pushes past me and i decide that it's really pointless to keep trying to keep it together so i just grab his forearm and swing him around to face me. This is it.

"I like you. I really, really like you. That song was for you. Those were my real feelings. Every moment i was with Yoseob i was thinking about you. And i know that's awful, and i know we did something horrible and that i hurt you, and Yoseob, and you both probably hate me. But i want to be with you, and am willing to wait for that. i don't know what else to say...."  I feel my heart sinking as Kikwang looks away from me and hands me back the sunflower.

"I don't think i should accept this..." He whispers and tries pulling away again. I tighten my grip.

"Kikwang, listen to me. I know you love Yoseob a lot, i know he means the world to you. But i also know that you feel something for me. I wish that it didn't happen this way. I know i should have done this right, should have broken up with Yoseob from the brginning. But this is the way things happened, and as messy and unfortunate as it is, niether i nor you nor anybody can change it. Yoseob and i are over now, and i want a chance with you. And i know that, at least on some level, you want to be with me too. Don't just walk away from me, because i know you'l regret it. Please." I really am the Lord of Lame right now. I can't even believe how pathetic, how desperate, i sound. But i don't even care anymore. I'll be even more pathetic, get down on my knees if i have to. Anything to make him listen.

Kikwang is looking at me and those gorgeous eyes have tears in them. He opens his mouth and i think it worked, i think he's going to say it, i think...

"I'm sorry." He pushes the flower into my hand, rips his arm out of my grip, and leaves before i can say another word.

And i'm left standing by myself, holding a broken sunflower.

Yoseob POV

"Don't you feel bad for him?"

"Whatever. He's the one being stupid about it." Hyunseung rolls his eyes at me and gives a frustrated sigh. Kikwang is in the kitchen, washing dishes, opening and closing the fridge. Doing whatever to look busy. But we both know what he's really doing. Waiting for the phone to ring. It's been a month and a half since the demonstartion and Junhyung has called every single day, looking for Kikwang. Last week, the calls became less frequent though and in the last two days, he hasn't called once. I feel a pang go through my heart as i see Kiki start washing the same plate for the third time. It's not that i'm over it or anything. I still give him a hard time, and i've made it obvious that he needs to earn my trust back. But..... The phone rings and he drops the plate in the sink to snatch it up, dropping it twice due to his wet hands.

"Hello?! Hello?!... Oh, Dongwoon-ah. Yeah, i'm good. Yeah he's here. Sure. Um, Dongwoon -ah...? No never mind, here he is. Hyunseung, phone!" Hyunseung's face falls a little when we realize it's not Junhyung. He looks at me before going to answer the phone and i know i probably have the same expression on my face. This has to stop.

"Kiki?"

"Yeah, Seobie?"

"Come to the room, i wanna talk to you."

When he walks in, i plop down on my bed and pat the spot next to me. I take his hands in mine and run my fingers over the skin, wrinkled and dry from washing too much. 

"Why don't you just call him?" He immediately pulls his hands out of mine. I look into his suprised eyes.

"Just call him. He's probably giving up after a almost two months of being completely ignored." Kikwang looks like he's about to pretend that he has no idea what i'm talking about but i give him a look and he gives up. He looks down at his hands and shrugs a little. I sigh.

"Kiki, i'm not going to be mad. You can't help it if you like him, and he likes you back. It's stupid to just sit here and do nothing when you both feel the same. If you'r worried about me then don't. I mean, i don't want to see you bringing him around here either, but.... Kikwang, i don't like to see you beating your self up over something you can't change."

"Everyone keeps saying that." His irritated tone takes me by surprise.

"Excuse me?"

" 'it already happened' 'you can't change the past'. What kind of cliche drama is this? I know i can't go back in time, but that doesn't mean i can't try to make it better now. It's like saying 'oh well, sure you killed him, but you know, he's dead now, so just take his wallet anyway!'" I blink in surprise at him.

"You're not seriously comparing this situation to robbing a dead person are you?" He just pouts at me. Aigoo, how cute. No wait, i'm mad right now. I give him a shove and he falls backwards off the bed. I panic a little but relax when i see him straighten up. 

"Listen, you're the only one making such a ing big deal out of this. Just get over yourself and call him already. Or better yet, go see him."  I throw a pillow at him for emphasis and get out of the room. That should do it.

Kikwang POV

Junhyung's apartment building is pretty similar to ours. twenty floors and a parking garage. I shuffle my feet in fornt fo the door and wonder if i should just leave. My head still hurts a little where it hit the ground when Seobie pushed me off the bed. Maybe he's right. Alright!! let's be barve!! let's nto let the past ruin our future!! Let's-! i here shuffinling inside the apartment. Let's scram before someone opens the door. i turn and am about to sprint when i hear a voice. His voice.

"Kikwang?"

"H-hey." Smooth. 'Hey'. Yup, good start.

"Hey. Umm, how are you?" I shrug. I truly am the master of conversation.

"What are you doing here?" Okay be barve Kikwang.

"I......" I take a deep breath. "I wanted to see you." He looks shocked. I take the moment of silence to look him up and down. He's wearing sweats and a grey sweater over his black wife beater. His hair is tussled and his eyes are swollen from sleep. He probably just woke up.

"Why don't you come in? Nobodies home right now." Well, that doesn't make me nervous at all. I swallow and walk in, trying not to hyperventalate hwen i hear the door click closed behind me.

"Do you want a drink? Something to eat?" i shake my head. He signals for me to sit down on the couch and i almost jump right back out of it when he sits on the coffee table in front of me.

"I'v been calling you."

"I know."

It's quiet again. Actually, i think it's going rather well. 

"You never answered." Well maybe not so well.

"I know." Oh, i am sounding quite sophistacated. This should be my new cacth phrase. 

"Why?"

"I don't know." Shaking it up a bit.

"Kikwang. I'm serious. Give me an answer. Why wouldn't you pick up my calls? Why have you been ignoring me? And why are you here now? Just when i was ready to...." He trails off and looks down at his hands. I stare at the tatto across his collar bone, peeking out of his shirt, and remember the first time i saw it. The day of Gayoon's party. The day everything started. Without even thinking i reach out and run my hand over it.

"What does it mean?" He's so surprised by my actions, he answers instinctively.

"Born again, still your son. Wait... don't change the subject. I want an answer." As he talks, he covers my hand with his and presses it against his chest. I take a deep breath.

"I was scared. And angry at myself. I felt like it was cheating, to take you after Yoseob had dumped you. I felt kind of like.... Like that's what i wanted in the first place. For him to leave you. And maybe that's why i didn't want you to break up with him. And i just felt sick, and maybe a little sorry for myself. And i'm here now because i want you. And there's really no point in pretending i don't." I trace my fingers from his tattoo, up his neck, and rest them agaisnt his cheek. He follows my hands with his and intertwines our fingers, a slow smile spreading over his face. He turns slightly to press my fingers against his lips.

"Is that so? What did Yoseob say."

"He told me not to bring you around the house."

"I guess that's understandable. Anything else?"

"To get over myself."

"Yeah, you really are being kinda egotistical." I shove him playfully. It's not until i hear myself giggle that i realize how happy i feel. My head feels light and im a little breathless. Junhyung leans forward and runs the tip of his nose up my jaw, presses his lips against my ear before whispering,

"Does that mean i can have you?" I turn my face and brush my lips against his. It's not even a real kiss, barely even a touch. But it feel better than any of the other kisses i'v shared with him. It feels like a kiss is supposed to feel. Soft, gentle, loving. And completely free of guilt. 

"I'll take that as a yes." He says. And he's on topn of me. He trails kisses along my jaw and bites my chin playfully as i push my hands up his shirt, run my fingers over his tattoo.

"I kind of want that sunflower now."

He covers my mouth with his, his warm tounue winding with mine. he hooks his tongue against the back of my teeth and i laugh into his mouth, hooking my fingers into his sweatpants to pull him closer. He bites and pulls my bottom lip before looking down at me, a playful smile on his face.

"I'll get you however many you want."

 

 

a/n: Well that's it!! I hope that no one was too dissapointed or left thinking "what the ??" I want to thank everyone who read this. Shout out to my gorgeous subscribers and my wonderful commentators!!! and thank you to all my silent readers as well, i hope that you will comment on my future stories!! Or at least keep reading my writing with joy! This was not my best work, i admit, but i do feel somwhat proud of the way i cleaned up the major that went down in this fic :)

And remember!! I LOVE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!