Everland

Saranghae... Again. 사랑해... 다시.

December 28th, 2002.

Seon Yul and Young Saeng grabbed a map on their way in and started planning a rough outline on where they wanted to go and what they wanted to do. However, it was more of a one sided, most of the decisions being made by Young Saeng. Thankfully, their mutual liking for roller coasters had Seon Yul in agreement for most of his choices. She noticed that he chose calmer, less intense rides after various intense roller coasters. 

They headed towards the Rolling-X Train where they waited in line and watched as other riders screamed during the loops and corkscrews. To pass time in the line, they would play Rock-Paper-Scissors with a flick on the forehead as punishment for every 5 losses. Once both of their foreheads felt bruised enough from too many games, they stopped and waited in comfortable silence for about 5 more minutes until they boarded the coaster. In that time, Seon Yul took off her hat and neatly folded it into her bag. 

"AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!" "HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!" Seon Yul and Young Saeng spent the loop and corkscrew parts of the ride screaming and the other parts laughing at each other's screams. When the ride ended, they both burst out into fits of laughter at each others' messed up hair.

Afterwards, Seon Yul and Young Saeng went on the T Express and the Eagle Fortress before they decided to take a breather from the rollercoasters. They took the Skyline ride in order to get to the Mystery Mansion where they shot ghosts; loser had to buy lunch.

“WHOO!!! I WON!” Seon Yul bounced out of the Mystery Mansion with a huge victory smile plastered on her face.

“Either way you’re still buying lunch because I said so,” Young Saeng said with his tongue out at her. Seon Yul’s mouth dropped open but before she could complain about the injustice, Young Saeng was already several strides ahead of her. Seon Yul shook her head and smiled as she jogged to catch up with him.

The two headed toward the Global Fair and found a table for two at the Alpine Food Fair, known for its diversity in dishes. Seon Yul and Young Saeng sat at one of the open tables for two by the window where they had a clear view of Everland. A waiter came by and took their orders: spaghetti meatball for Seon Yul and roasted chicken with fried rice for Young Saeng. The waiter ended his written order with a denting dot on his notepad and headed back to the kitchen.

Seon Yul felt eyes burning into her and looked up to see Young Saeng gazing intensely at her with his chin resting on his hand. She blinked and asked, “What? Is there something on my face?”

Young Saeng smiled and looked down at the table. “Not this time, but there was when we first met remember?”

Seon Yul laughed as she remembered her 6-year-old self digging up a hole in her new front yard to plant a flower.

 

June 18th, 1994.

“Hi there.”

Seon Yul looked up and saw a boy of 7 sticking his head through the fence that separated their houses. She stood up and walked over to the break in the fence. “Hello,” she replied. “I’m Song Seon Yul.”

“Heo Young Saeng,” the boy replied. “Are you new here?”

“Mhm. Me and my appa and my omma just moved in. We’re your new neighbours!” she ended her introduction with an eye smile.

“You have something on your nose.”

Seon Yul tried to focus her eyes on her nose. Young Saeng reached out and brushed a bit of dirt off her nose and his own eye smile appeared. “All better.”

 

Seon Yul looked at the Young Saeng sitting in front of her now, 8 years later. An innocent gesture at the time, she thought. But she remembered a spark when he had dusted her nose, undetectable to her age at the time.

The waiter came back with both of their dishes and wished them a good meal. They thanked him and ate in a comfortable silence with the occasional conversation about the latest music. Young Saeng excused himself to the bathroom and Seon Yul nodded with still full of spaghetti. By the time he came back, she was done and ready to pay for the meal. As if on cue, the waiter came back but instead of giving her the check, he placed what looked like changed on the table. “Have a good day,” he said and bowed before returning to work.

Young Saeng took the change and stuffed it in his pocket. Seon Yul looked at him quizzically. “You didn’t actually think I would have you pay did you? What kind of gentleman would I be?” he smiled.

“Awww, Saengie~” Seon Yul cooed. “I like this nice side of you,” she complimented.

“Hey, all my sides are loveable, coz I’m loveable like that,” he laughed as he got out of his seat.

Not wanting to ruin the day by lazing around on a random bench as their food settled in their stomachs, Seon Yul and Young Saeng took a ride on the Safari Bus, a barred bus that took them through a contained habitat to see the various animals. Little kids screamed when a bear got close to the bus or screamed at random times to scare each other into thinking there was a bear close by.

“Ahh, so loud…” Seon Yul complained as they walked out.

The two took the Skyline ride to get them to Magic Land where they went on the various rides there. They took a bunch of pictures in Aesop’s Village with the characters that were located in the place.

As the sun was setting in the horizon, they headed back to the Global Fair where they stopped by different souvenir stores to find stuff to buy. Seon Yul cracked up when she found a stuffed otter toy that bared a resemblance to Young Saeng. “HAHAHA Saengie! I must get this for you.”

Young Saeng grabbed the otter and looked at it. He frowned. “This thing doesn’t look like me at all.”

“Yes it does~” She grabbed the otter back from him and skipped away to find more items to buy. She bought matching T-shirts for her parents along with the otter and a cute Everland necklace and bracelet for herself. Young Saeng was waiting for her with his own bag of items and they left the Global Fair for the Ferris wheel back in Magic Land.

Night had fallen and the Ferris wheel was beautifully lit up. The worker helped the two of them into their own carriage and sent the Ferris wheel around. “Ahh~ What a day~” Young Saeng sighed and sprawled out on his side of the seat.

“Oppa~ Thanks for today. I really needed it,” Seon Yul said.

Young Saeng sat back up and leaned over to pat her head. “You’re welcome my little dongsaeng.”

They were almost at the top and both of them looked out with a bird’s eye view of Everland. Suddenly, the ride jerked to a stop and the lights went out all over the park. Voices could be heard talking over one another in worry.

A loud voice boomed across the whole amusement park. “There has been a slight power outage. Please remain calm and wait until the lights come back on.”

Seon Yul couldn’t see much, and the light of the moon was rather weak tonight. “Saengie,” she called out.

“I’m here Seonnie.” She felt a body next to hers and realized Young Saeng had moved into the seat next to her. He wrapped his arms around her in a side hug, startling her more than the power outage had. She was glad the lights were out because she could feel her cheeks reddening.

“Seon Yul…” She heard him whisper her name close to her ear. Her heart was pounding like crazy at the lack of distance between the two of them. She could feel his breath near her ear, then her cheek, then her lips…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Ohohohoho cliffhanger! Kinda, lol.

Sorry for not updating in like the longest freaken time ><" Damn school... And sorry for this being a crappy chappy; I tried =.="

FYI, Everland is a real place and I tried my hardest to stick to the facts. The only thing that's probably off is the restaurant thing. I looked at pictures and the place looks like a real restaurant, but idk if they have waiters or you have to wait in line O_o

I thought about continuing and posting it in this chapter, but the problem is, I wouldn't know where to end it =S Plus, its like 2AM over here and I should be asleep XD

It's my last day of Spring Break and then 4th quarter is coming up =( So that means ima be studying for exams and all that other BS good stuff. I reallyyyy hope I'll have time to write.

Thanks to anyone who stumbles across my story and takes the time to read. Means a lot to me =)

 xoxo Melody =3