Mystery Destination

Saranghae... Again. 사랑해... 다시.

December 28th, 2002.

Seon Yul woke up the next morning feeling as groggy as ever. When she saw her reflection in the bathroom mirror, she saw that her eyes were still a bit red and swollen. Making sure to conceal the fact that she'd been crying all night by splashing lots of water on her face, Seon Yul trudged downstairs, only to find that her parents had left already. A note was stuck in its usual place on the fridge. It read:

Morning~ Emergency business came up this morning and we had to leave early. If you're going out today, make sure not to stay out too late. If we're not home by the time you get back, call us so we know you're home. Omma & Appa, xoxo.

Typical, she thought gloomily. She opened the fridge and took out the milk for a bowl of cereal. She sat solitary at the kitchen table, munching on her cereal when the doorbell rang. Seon Yul grumbled at having her breakfast disturbed but nonetheless got up to open the door. Young Saeng came striding in while cooing "Morning~~~" in his sing-songy voice. 

"Sure, you're totally welcome to come in," Seon Yul said sarcastically. 

"Good morning~ to you too," Young Saeng said and plopped himself on the couch. 

Seon Yul closed the door and returned to her cereal, disregarding the fact that Young Saeng was invading her house for like the billionth time. As she went for her second bowl, Young Saeng came and took a seat in front of her, his head resting on the platform his hands made. 

"Yah~ Don't eat too much. You'll get fat and jiggly if you keep that up."

Seon Yul glared at him, shoving another big spoonful of cereal into and chomping loudly right in front of his face. 

Young Saeng chuckled. "But seriously though, don't eat so much. You'll regret it later on today."

Seon Yul swallowed her food. "What? Why?"

"You'll see," he said, and with that, he slid her cereal bowl towards himself and stole her spoon from her hand. Seon Yul gaped as he ate her precious cereal, his eye smile evident as he enjoyed both the cereal and the fun of toying with his best friend so early in the morning – her least favourite time of day. 

"Now, go upstairs and change," he ordered. "And make it quick. We're on a tight schedule here woman."

"And precisely what right do you have in ordering me around in my house?" she retorted with emphasis on the "my."

"The right that you lost yesterday when you lost the race," he answered matter-of-factly. 

"You cannot be serious about that stu--"

"A deal's a deal. Now go!" He pulled her up from her seat and started shoving her towards the stairs. 

Seon Yul groaned. "Fine!" She stormed up the stairs. "Where are we going anyways?" she asked when she reached the top of the stairs.

"You'll see," he repeated. "But dress comfortably," he advised. 

Seon Yul found a blue long sleeve shirt, which she put under a green sweater and topped off with a black coat. It was super cold outside and she didn't want to risk catching a cold. Finishing off her look with her favourite white jeans and black boots, she shoved her hair in a woolen hat, making sure to leave out a few strands from her bangs to frame her face. 

She applied very light makeup and her shiny pink lip gloss before finally heading back downstairs. Since she had no idea where they were going, she had stuffed her wallet with a decent amount of money and other various necessities into a small over-the-shoulder bag. Young Saeng was sitting on the couch tapping his foot impatiently. 

"Gosh, what is it with girls and the eons of years they need to get ready?" he mock complained. 

"Yah! That wasn't even 10 minutes! Pfft, as a matter of fact, you take even longer!" It was true: the guy actually took the time to do, fix, and perfect his hair. 

"Whatever~" He patted her shoulder and guided the both of them to her front door with his arm still around her. "Let's go~"

They waited for the bus at the stop right down their street. Due to many other students and their families taking advantage of the school break, the bus was crowded and Seon Yul and Young Saeng were forced to stand right against the window. The bus made a sharp turn and Young Saeng's cheek got smooshed against the window with the impact. For a good 7 seconds, he stayed in that awkward position, one leg in the air while his face stayed connected to the frosted window. His hands were on the window too, trying in a fruitless attempt to push himself off the window. Seon Yul busted up laughing at his face, not caring that the people around her were probably judging her sanity. 

"Ahh! Ahh! Cold cold cold!" His baby faced cheeks looked like they cushioned his face's impact with the window. When the bus straightened up again, so did Young Saeng. He turned and glared at her. "Thanks so much for helping!" he said in mock enthusiasm. 

"You're welcome!" Seon Yul replied in the same tone. Her laughing died down with just a few chuckles here and there whenever Young Saeng turned his head and his red cheek was visible to her.

"Are we there yet~?" she whined, still not sure where "there" was. 

"Nope. We still have a few more stops." Seon Yul pouted. Young Saeng laughed and patted her head, which made her hat slip down over her eyes. 

"Oh, I hope your hair looks somewhat decent under there," he added while she fixed her hat, "because you’re probably not going to be wearing it most of the time."

"Why?!" Now she was curious of the whereabouts of their destination. 

"I told you~ You'll see when we're there."

It didn't take much longer for them to arrive at the mystery destination. When they and many other bus riders stepped off the bus, Seon Yul gasped when she saw Everland's entrance in front of her. Inside, the shrill screams of roller coaster riders could be heard from outside radiating through the cold air. 

Seon Yul wheeled around with stars in her eyes. "Awww, Saengie~~~ You're letting me off the hook from yesterday? Thanks!"

"Ha. Ha. Ha. No." Seon Yul's smile was wiped away. "You still do whatever I tell you to do, go on what I want to go on, and go where I want to go." Seon Yul's grin was transferred from her face to Young Saeng's. He reached into his pocket and produced two tickets. "I've been planning this for a while now, so don't ruin my plans." He grabbed her hand. "Let's go!"

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

A/N: Ahhh, stupid formatting is being stupid T.T" Ohs wells, at least I got the chapter up =)

So, this chapter was originally supposed to be longer. But if I did post it up all as Chapter 3, it would be super duper long (and I wouldn't post it until I actually finished writing it, which I've been working on but haven't finished -.-"). So after a chat with my cousin kypota, I'm posting this small part up now, and Chapter 4 will be all about their adventures in Everland =)

Oh, and I just went back to Chapters 1 & 2 to add dates to them.

Anywhooz, enough rambling =P Thanks for reading and supporting! *^^*

xoxo Melody =3