Expect the Unexpected, Yoonjung

He's Just A Pretty Boy... Right?

 

            My uncle is leading me through the crowd. I stop now and again to play the part of a grateful hostess, and then I continue to wherever my uncle is leading me.

            “Are all the people you want me to meet in opposite corners of the room?” I ask sarcastically, giving a smirk.

            He chuckles. “Yes and no; it’s just coincidence where they are standing, but for sure they’re never going to be right next to each other.”

            I’m about to ask why not when my right shoulder bumps into someone hard. “Ouch,” I mutter, but quickly turn and bow a full ninety degrees to where the person is standing. “I’m sorry,” I say humbly, “I wasn’t watching where I was walking!”

            “Oh no!” a guy’s voice says. “Please, miss, it’s not your fault! I tripped!” I see black dress shoes, and then blond hair right in front of my head as the boy bows back. I slowly stand up straight, and so does he.

            Or... she?

            It’s a girl wearing guy’s clothes. She’s got cute pouting lips and blond hair held in a ponytail with straight bangs. She smiles at me. “I was just fooling around, and I wasn’t paying attention.”

            I gape at her. She has a deep voice, like a guy’s, I realize. She’s wearing a black men’s jacket that suits her quite nicely, and a white dress shirt underneath… with a pink tie. I think she’s about my height, maybe an inch taller.

            I just stare at this adorable girl. “You… Are you…?” I’m trying to find the right words, to not offend her.

            She laughs, and it’s a manly laugh. “It’s alright, Miss Yoonjung, it was entirely my fault! Don’t worry about it!”

            “R-right…” I’m still staring at her closely.

            The girl leans away. “Um… Is there something on my face?”

            “Huh? Oh, no! It’s just… you’re really cute.” I smile. “That outfit actually suits you very nicely!”

            She wrinkles her eyebrows together, but I can see a bit of blush from my “cute” comment. “Eh?”

            Before I can clarify what I meant, a boy comes up from behind her and attacks her in a large bear hug. “Ren~!” the boy squeals, and then he laughs and adjusts his hold so that his arms are around her neck and he’s leaning on her back. “You just wandered off,” he says, pouting as he looks at her. She cranes her neck around to look at him. “I was soooo worried!”

            “You pushed me into the crowd, hyung!” the girl answers. How is her voice that deep…? I mean, it’s not like how deep Taecyeon’s was, but still, it’s much too deep to be a girl’s voice…

            Even though this moment is confusing, I find myself laughing at them. They’re so cute together! The boy on her back also has dyed blond hair, but it’s spiked in front and shaved on the sides in intricate designs.

            My uncle clears his throat. The boy on the girl’s back looks up in a lazy sort of way, and his cute face from before turns completely serious as he nods deeply at my uncle. “Annyeonghasaeyeo,” he says in a low voice. “Sorry for acting like children; I’ll make sure to straighten Ren out.”

            The girl freezes, and then looks up at the boy. “Hyung, what do you—?”

            The boy covers and then smiles at me. As the girl is struggling to get free, he begins to talk to me. “Annyeong, Miss Yoonjung. Happy birthday!” He gives a grin so wide that his eyes squint.

            I find myself blushing. “T-thank you,” I stutter. I glance at the girl. “Um… Sorry, but she looks like she can’t breathe.”

            “Huh?” The boy glances down at the girl, and then gasps and lets go of her face. She gasps deeply and takes a few shuddering breaths, and then turns on the boy. “What do you think you’re doing? Are you insane?!” she exclaims, and then immediately starts pummeling him with punches to the shoulder.

            He backs away and holds his shoulder, but he has the goofiest smile on his face. “You’re so cute when you’re angry.” He sighs and drifts off into the crowd.

            “Where’s he going?” I ask, my gaze following the strange character into the crowd of people.

            The girl huffs in annoyance. “Probably to the other members, since he knows almost no one else here… Oh, by the way,” she adds, looking back at me. She smiles politely. “I’m not a ‘she’. My name’s Ren, and I’m 100% male! Well, except for my face, I guess.”

            “EH?!”

 

*******************

I have been sooooo busy with kdramas and h/w that i totally forgot to update :O mianhae~~ *bows*

thanks to my friend, I remembered to update this! Thanks! :P and thank you to those who are reading this~ it means a lot to me~! :D