English With A Time Of Day

He's Just A Pretty Boy... Right?

 

“Come on, now, boys, don’t be shy!” I turn to see my uncle grinning at the boys. He reminds me of a hyena. “Go on, introduce yourselves!”

Wooyoung steps off to the side, smiling at the five other boys in a way that was almost mocking. The boy on the far right takes a step forward. “I’m Nichkhun. Sorry if there are errors in my Korean.” He smiles and gives a little bow. I think he might be Thai.

The boy who is standing next to Nichkhun steps forward. He gives a large grin, and he reminds me of an Italian man. “I’m Chansung. It’s a pleasure to meet you.” He also bows and then steps back.

“I’m Junsu,” the next boy says. He seems a bit more arrogant than the rest. He gives a small bow. “Nice to meet you, Yoonjung.”

The next boy is a bit taller than the rest, and he has a goofy smile. He’s the one TOP was speaking to in a hushed voice earlier… “My name is Taecyeon, but everyone calls me Taec.” I notice he has a really deep voice; it reminds me of the Terminator for some reason. He quickly bows. “Pleasure to meet you,” he says with a wink.

“I’m always last…” comes a smaller voice at the end. The last boy steps forward and composes his pouting face. “I’m Junho! It’s very nice to meet you!” He bows and then steps back.

“So, Yoonjung,” my uncle says, looking at me with a grin. “Do you recognize these boys?”

Of course I do! I think. Well, now I do anyway…

“You guys…” I mutter, tapping my chin. “I don’t know. I’m going to need a hint besides names.” I grin.

Taecyeon raises an eyebrow, but smirks and takes a few steps towards me. He’s towering over me, but he leans down so that he’s eye level with me. “We’re the hottest time of the day,” he says in English, in a deep, y voice. His accent is remarkable.

I stare back at him, no matter how giddy his voice made me. “I highly doubt that,” I respond in English with a smirk of my own. (My uncle had paid for a private English tutor; ever since my parents went to America and couldn’t teach me themselves, I had bugged my uncle for lessons.)

The other boys all go “Oooh!” as if Taecyeon had just been 'burned'. My uncle went along with it, but I think everyone knew he didn’t know a word of English except for “sorry”, “hello”, and “excuse me”.

If you doubt it,” he says, “should I prove it?

I blink. “What? Actually,” I continue in Korean, “please don’t. I don’t want to know how you’d prove it.” I move my hands up in an “I give up” gesture and smirk at him, though I could feel my stomach tighten and then swirl with butterflies. “You’re 2PM, I know.”

He grins in triumph. “You bet we are. And it really is a pleasure to meet such a fun girl as yourself, Yoonjung~ah.”

////////////////////

I'm sooooo sorry for this being so short!!! I'll do better next time~!