04

Secretly Male

Warning: really short TT_TT


 

            My vision flashed from the calming familiar black to a vibrant red orange. A maid had snuck into my bedroom and pulled back the blinds, allowing the bright rays of light to project through the windows and upon my face. I thrashed around, trying to fend off the intangible assailant, but to no avail.

            “Miss Taeyeon, rise and shine!” the maid cheered as she skipped over to my bed with a change of clothes. She began to lay out the article of clothing neatly, making sure not to wrinkle it.

            “Ten more minutes,” I grumbled before slamming a pillow over my face.

            “But miss, Mr. Lee Jinki is already here to take you back,” the maid exclaimed, worriedly warning me. When she mentioned Onew’s real name, I literally jumped out of the bed.

            “Already?” I cried, desperately searching her face to see if she was lying. When her face displayed utter seriousness, I feverishly began to tearing off my clothes. The maid blushed heavily upon witnessing my bold act and shuffled out of the room instantly. Once she was gone, I stripped fully and dressed in the pastel pink summer dress the main had laid out for me. I slipped my feet into the matching high heels while tying the small string around my waist into a bow. My long thin fingers combed through my hair, trying to make myself look presentable. I made my way to the bathroom and quickly washed my face and brushed my teeth before heading out of my bedroom.

            I nearly fell down the stairs while attempting to rush down them. My feet wobbled slightly as I took each step, dripping onto the railing for dear life. The maid offered me a hand, but I merely shook pushed it away. Even after learning how to properly walk in heels, going down the stairs has always been a challenge for me. As I descended, the living room began to come into view from behind the wall on the side of the stairs. Onew was sitting comfortably with much poise beside my father as they were indulged in a conversation. I could have sworn I heard the word ‘marriage’ being mentioned, but I convinced myself I heard incorrectly since their voices were faint. The pair quickly took notice of my approaching figure and made their way over to my sides.

            “Wow, you look absolutely amazing,” Onew complimented, completely stunned. I felt my face heat up, flushing upon hearing such a sudden statement. Father wrapped an arm around my shoulders, trying to stead me as I went down the last few steps.

            “Of course; she is my daughter, after all,” father remarked confidently, giving me a tight squeeze upon saying ‘daughter’. “I guess you two should be going now, huh?”

            “Yes, father,” I cut in with a small voice, still feeling slightly embarrassed by Onew’s comment. Father took my right hand and extended it to Onew who looked at it hesitantly. When father shook it slightly for emphasis, Onew quickly grabbed hold of my hand before pulling me to stand closer to him.

            “Take care of her, Onew,” father sternly advised, wagging his index finger slightly. Onew knitted his fingers to rest in between mine, carefully intertwining the digits.

            “I will, sir,” Onew bowed politely before dragging me out of the living room and mansion. My legs were still pretty shaky as we walked to Onew’s car. I clung on his arm, tightly wrapping my own arms around his. Luckily, Onew didn’t even seem to mind. In fact, he was smiling the whole walk over.

           “Why are you so giddy?” I finally asked after we made it halfway to school. He merely shrugged in response, but his smile widened slightly.

            “Can’t I be happy?”

            “You can be, but you just seem extra happy.”

            “Well, I guess I am,” Onew laughed, not bothering to clear up his vague comment after. We ended up arriving at school within a matter of minutes, and we quickly made our way to his room. I kicked off my heels, allowing my aching feet to be free of its restraints. I threw myself under the covers of Onew’s bed, and he soon joined me. When I looked around, I instantly took notice of the second bed.

            “Oh, where is your roommate?”

            “Hmm, I’m not entirely sure,” Onew furrowed his eyebrows in confusion as he lay back against the headboard. He reached over to the bedside table and picked up one of the various remotes. After pushing a few buttons, a movie began to play on his plasma screen TV. “He usually goes out all the time; I hardly keep track of him.”

            “Who is it anyways?” I continued to question, suddenly feeling lonely since I didn’t have a roommate.

            “I honestly don’t know; he never bothered to introduce himself,” Onew shrugged before lightly scratching at his neck.

            “Did you introduce yourself?” I laughed softly.

            “Of course! But after I did, he simply nodded and left the room,” Onew explained, pouting after remembering his rude roommates behavior.

            “I’m sure he’ll come around,” I awkwardly encouraged, really not knowing what to say. Onew merely shrugged again before squirming into a comfortable position. The movie began to drag on, and Onew and I mainly focused on the screen. Every now and then, one of us would jump since it was a scary movie. It was around halfway through the screening that we realized that we’d forgotten to turn on the light. It was about six o’clock, and the sun began to set. Since the natural light was the only thing keeping the room bright, an ominous shadow from the tree by the window casted upon us. I tightly gripped onto the blanket, pulling it up to cover everything beneath my nose.

            “You scared?” Onew whispered after nudging my arm slightly with his elbow. I slapped his thigh a little roughly before shushing him.

            “Don’t you dare try and scare me,” I hissed lowly before slouching further into the bed. Onew laughed softly before placing his hand over one of mine. His thumb pad lightly against the back of my hand, trying to sooth me. The girl in the movie slowly approached the dark closet door, hand hesitantly on the handle. I gripped sheets roughly as the door slowly opened.

            “Hey, guys!” Key slammed the door open as he cheered. Well, to say that I screamed would probably be an understatement. My hands immediately fisted Onew’s shirt as I buried my face into his chest, letting out the girlish wail. Jonghyun, who was behind Key the whole time, fell to the floor, hands clutching his stomach as he laughed at my dismay. Key merely shook his head in disapproval at Jonghyun while Onew patted my back comfortingly.

            “S-sorry, we d-didn’t mean to interrupt!” Jonghyun managed to say through his giggles. I pushed myself off of Onew before jumping off of the bed. Jonghyun backed away while waving his hands, but I continued to walk until he was pressed against the wall.

            “Jerk,” I grumbled before flicking his forehead with my index finger. Jonghyun faked a whine in an attempt to seeming like a kicked puppy. I, on the other hand, simply walked back over to Onew’s bed, taking a seat next to the stretching boy.

            “What are you guys doing here anyways?” Onew asked before yawning. “It’s already seven.”

            “We were bored in our dorm and decided to come hang out. How were we supposed to know you guys were on a date?” Key scoffed while waving his hand. My face instantly heated up upon hearing the word ‘date’. When I looked from the corner of my eye, Onew’s face was pretty flushed.

            “It’s not a date,” I grumbled while looking to the ground.

            “S-stop saying such ridiculous things, Key,” Onew stuttered before jumping off the bed.

            “You are kicking us out, aren’t you?” Jonghyun sighed sadly. Onew didn’t respond. Instead, he pushed the two out of the still open door before slamming it shut. From outside, you could hear Key and Jonghyun bickering about whose fault it was.

            “Sorry about that,” Onew mumbled softly, scratching the back of his head. I stood from my seat and shook my head.

            “It’s fine, but I should probably get going anyways.”

            “Oh,” Onew said in a deflated tone. “I guess I’ll see you tomorrow then.”

            “By-“ I started to bid far well. Onew, however, cut me off by roughly pulling on my hand, causing my body to crash into his. His arms immediately coiled around me like a snake would to its prey, keeping me close and unable to escape. “Onew?

            “Sorry,” he grumbled after untangling himself off of me. He pulled open the door and pushed my shoulder lightly so that I was outside. “I don’t know why I did that… sorry.”

            “I-it’s fine,” I tried to reassure him, but the intensity of his gaze fazed me slightly in the beginning.

            “Good night,” he quickly said. Before I could say it back, he shut his door in my face. 


Author's Note: I can't even begin to explain how sorry I am. For once, I will actually call something I did good. I feel like it started off decently. It took me forever to figure out how I wanted to explain that situation when the sun shines over your closed eye lids and you see the red orange of your eyelids. Everything went down hill after that :'c Furthermore, it is really short because I had no ideas for this chapter... at all. It was either a short chapter now and a decent sized chapter next or one gigantic chapter that has mulitple time changes. I really didn't want to throw you off, so I chose the former; hope you guys don't mind ^^ Anyways, I hope you guys liked it :) I really have to go work on my other story, so until next time guys! <3

---

@Emmauk26 - Since you are such a huge OnTae fan, it really swayed me to make them have a few cute moments here. ^^ I hope you liked it! 

@K-PopLove - This is really late, but I wanted to say thank you ^^ for wishing me fun at the beach. It makes me feel like you guys actually don't mind my rambling at the end. 

PLEASE COMMENT <3