Eight.

Learning How to Live

Yookyung’s adorable laughter rang throughout the streets of the town; it was sweet music to Kai’s ears. He smile widened as Yookyung’s eyes had when she spotted the street fountain. She raced towards the water and giggled endlessly like a child. Her dress was getting wetter by the second but she couldn’t care less. She ran through the fountain with her arms spread out beside her like an aeroplane and zoomed around. She then suddenly stopped running, suddenly stopped moving and looked around.Her head lifted and her body slowly rotated as she gazed at the scenery around her. The sun was beaming down at her, the clouds looked as fluffy as cotton candy, the seagulls were fighting over stale bread and the elderly were cheerfully laughing and gossiping away.

She looked at her ‘date’ and ran towards him. Kai was taken by surprise as she yanked him into the fountain with her. Then something magical happened. He started dancing. Dancing around her, moving his feet so gracefully, as if his body was liquid. He danced to the soundless music. He played with the girl a little, throwing her an occasional wink or smirk. The pair were both drenched but they hadn’t even noticed. Yookyung’s soft brown locks were soaking and her dress clung to her body. Kai’s hair too flopped down on the crown of his head, framing his handsome face. Her eyes shined with marvel at the dancing machine, she was never aware he possessed such a talent. In fact, no one was. He stopped dancing and Yookyung clapped and clapped and clapped. She stared at him, wondering what his next move would be. He didn’t say anything and walked towards her, her body was frozen. With each little step, the space between them became smaller and smaller. Their foreheads touched and she could feel his hot breath on her skin. He lifted her chin and stared into her scared eyes. His face moved towards her so that they were barely touching.

“I’m going to kiss you now.” He whispered ily into her lips.

“I-I can’t do this.” She looked away. Kai brought her to face him again.

“Why?”

“I just can’t.”

“Why not?”

“I’m scared…” She admitted.

“Of what?”

“Of this. Of everything.” Yookyung sighed.

“You’re scared of me?” Kai asked, a little softer.

“No…”

“Then what?”

“I’m scared of trusting you.” She admitted weakly.

“And why is that?”

“Because you’ll just end up hurting me.” She could no longer look at him. Naeun’s voice echoed at the back of her mind, ‘he’s a player’.

“Woah, woah, woah. Hurt? You? And why would I want to do that? You think I have some ulterior motive?” He rippled round her body to face her.

“I don’t-“ Her sentence was cut off as Kai kissed her.
“I can’t…“ She mumbled but Kai just kissed her harder.

“Shut up and kiss me.” Kai broke away and muttered before crashing his lips against hers once more. Yookyung closed her eyes and gave in to his wishes. She kissed him back. He smiled; she could feel him break into a grin between their kisses. He wanted to go deeper, kiss her more passionately but he knew he would be moving too fast. For the first time, he wanted to take it slow. For the past week he hadn’t been able to get her out of his head. He thought it was because she was different, but now he knew the real reason why.

Yookyung broke the kiss off first by delicately pulling away. Was that a blush creeping its way across her cheeks? Kai gazed at the heiress with affection but as she met his stare, he smirked and his lips. Only making her cheeks redden even more. He thought it was absolutely adorable. She couldn’t look him in the eyes without feeling butterflies dash around her stomach. She was delighted, afraid and sceptical all at once. She felt a sense of vulnerability, something she thought she had learned to control years ago.

He knew better than to make her further mortified yet he couldn’t shake the feeling of wanting to a little and let that cute pink tinge reappear on her cheeks.

“Come on ice princess, it’s twenty past seven, let’s go find a street with some shops… plus we’re both drenched. We need to get some dry clothes.” He tugged softly on Yookyung’s hand.

 

 

“Hey check it out,” Kai told Yookyung as she rubbed his hair down for him, with the towel they bought. They were on a set of steps by the town square. Kai had insisted they get couple onesies to change into. And after endless rebuttal, Yookyung agreed. They looked so sweet in their matching pink and blue get-ups. The hoods even had little ears.

“Hm?” She distractedly whispered back.

“We’ve finished the list. We didn’t realise it, but we ate street food after coming out of the fountain which means we’re done. You have now completed your first lesson in 'Freedom 101', congratulations.” He grinned when he saw her face light up.

“Wait, pass me your phone” He instructed.

“What for?” She asked as she rummaged through her bag to retrieve her new phone. Kai opened the camera application and told her to lean in. She did so and he snapped a picture of the two of them. He checked it; satisfied with how they came out, sent it to himself and took another picture but of himself alone. He set his individual selfie as her background before handing the phone back to Yookyung.

“Now you’ll never have to miss my gorgeous face.” He winked at her. She just rolled her eyes.

Kai stood up and slung the plastic bag filled with their wet clothes over his shoulder and instinctively intertwined his fingers with hers before pulling her onto her feet. They didn’t let go once as they strolled down the road the bus stop. The bus ride back to the academy was peaceful. They were both worn out and Yookyung couldn’t help but close her eyes and fall asleep. Kai didn’t mind staying awake for the both of them, knowing Yookyung was happy and satisfied. They made a lot of progress; heck, they even kissed. He looked down at the girl and saw how sweet she looked when she was asleep. He snuck his phone out of his pocket and took a candid shot of the sleeping beauty and set it as his own background. He moved her head so that it rested on his shoulder; he delicately pecked her on the cheek before drifting off to sleep himself. 

----

Hey guys, so I hope this is a satisfying way to end their date. I'll be back soon to describe their feelings and whatnot.

I've started a new story as well, so please do check it out :) It's another Kai fiction, but it's about an OC. It's called 'You're So Unfamilarly Familar' and yeah. That's all I have to say.