Lessons 5-7

How To Fall In Love

 

Jonghyun paced back and forth in his living room. Minho watched him with mild amusement. Jonghyun had been doing this for a little while and Minho was started to see skid marks on the nice wooden floored. The reason he found it so hilarious was because of the reason the other was pacing.

Minho sighed and leaned back on the couch, crossing his legs, “You know… you could tell him.”

The shorter male stopped dead in his tracks and slowly turned his head to Minho. The other man wanted to laugh because of how scary Jonghyun thought he looked, but really wasn’t. “Tell him? Tell him what?”

“I wonder,” Minho shrugged, shaking his head. He really wished there was a way to push Jonghyun in the right direction, but then he remembered, who can’t fix stupid.

 

 

Taemin stared at his brother. Jinki had been reading the same page of his book for almost an hour. The funniest part of it was the fact Jinki had the book upside down. Jinki had been like this since he came back from his date. That was almost sixteen hours ago.

“Hyung?”

Jinki blinked a few times before looking over at Taemin, “You alright?”

“Huh? Oh, yeah,” Jinki smiled and looked back at the book. His eyebrows narrowed. He had no idea what he had been reading. He groaned and sat the book down. He made a move to get up, but his phone rang. He literally sprang for the phone, scaring Taemin.

“Hello? Jonghyun?”

“Whose Jonghyun?”

Jinki’s eyes widened. It was Kibum. “Um, a friend of mine… hi, Key.”

Taemin stared at his brother before bursting into a fit of giggles. Jinki grabbed a pillow and began beating Taemin with it, “So, what is with the surprise call?”

“Oh, I just wanted to see how you were… maybe you wanted to go on another date or something?” Kibum questioned.

Jinki stopped hitting Taemin and was now sitting on the couch, holding the pillow close. He bit his lip, “Y-yeah. Um… sure, where… where do you want to go?”

“Ah, that is a surprise. Just pick me up tonight. Bye,” Kibum said before hanging up.

He hung up the phone and sat there for a minute before falling to his side, laying across Taemin’s lap who complained, “… Why do I feel like this?”

Taemin stopped trying to push his brother off and looked at him in interest, “… Feel like what?”

Jinki touched his hand to his chest and thought, “… Unexcited…”

“… I don’t think that is a word,” Taemin commented. He sighed and brushed Jinki’s hair out of his face, “You don’t like Key hyung?”

The older male sighed, “He’s a great guy and really nice. He gave me a second chance when no one ever did. Sure, he’s got an attitude and a diva personality, but he likes me.”

“… But do you like him?” Taemin questioned once more.

Jinki stared at the floor and thought about it. Did he like Kibum?

 

 

Jonghyun and Jinki were sitting at their usual table at the café. Things were extremely awkward between the two. Neither of them had said anything in the last twenty minutes since they got there.

Eventually, Jonghyun spoke up, “Alright, so next lesson. Make them feel special.”

Jinki wanted to thank Jonghyun for breaking the tension. He smiled softly and Jonghyun smiled back. “Basically, you make them feel like they are the center of your attention. You pay for dinner or the movies, you pull out their chair, you compliment them, but not too much to where it just sounds like you’re pushing it.”

The older male nodded his head, “Alright, okay, I get it. That is easy. I’m already doing it.”

“I figured. You’re a really nice guy. You would be good to whoever you’re with,” Jonghyun said smiling softly. Jinki smiled back at him and nodded. They looked at each other for a few moments before looking away. “Um, so how about we go to the next lesson? Getting closer?”

Jinki nodded his head and listened, “It is simple. You’ve already shared stuff about yourself and you’re comfortable with each other. Try taking a weekend together.”

Right as the words left Jonghyun’s lips, he instantly regretted it. He didn’t want Jinki to go out for a whole weekend with Kibum. He couldn’t let the other know that though.

“A weekend?” Jinki mumbled, looking down at his coffee. Did he want to go away with Kibum? Maybe if he did, the weird feeling he had been having would go away. He looked up at the other and smiled, “That sounds like a great idea actually. I see Key tonight. I’ll bring up the idea.”

Jonghyun looked up at Jinki and nodded his head slowly, “I hope you two have fun.”

Jinki nodded his head, “Yeah, I hope so too.”

The silence was a back and they wouldn’t even look at each other. Both were trying to think of something to say, but couldn’t come up with anything worthy of conversation. They were just so awkward.

When Jinki’s phone rang, both jumped in surprise. Jinki smiled in apology and pulled out his phone. It was Kibum. He glanced at Jonghyun for a moment before he picked up his phone, “Hello? Key?”

Jonghyun looked up at Jinki sadly, but looked away when Jinki looked back at him. Jinki cleared his throat, “Yeah, I’ll wear… yeah… Key, do you think… oh, really? He did… Mm, see you later,” he hung up the phone. He looked at Jonghyun, “T-that was Key.”

“I figured… when you said Key,” Jonghyun replied, nodding his head, “You should go, I guess.”

Jinki nodded his head once more, “Jonghyun… I need to ask you something…”

The shorter male glanced up, “Hmm?”

“Do… you know what, never mind,” Jinki smiled and stood up. Jonghyun stood up too and they shared a glance, “Jonghyun?”

Jonghyun stepped around the table and grabbed Jinki’s wrist, pulling him out of the café. They walked down the street a bit (or more like Jonghyun dragged Jinki down the street). Eventually, Jinki pulled away from the other, “Stop, Jonghyun! What are you doing?”

“I don’t know!” Jonghyun shot back. They gazed at each other for a few moments, “I… I don’t know what I’m doing. All I know is that I like you and I don’t want you to go out with Key. I want you to go out… with me.”

Jinki’s eyes widened, “W-what?”

Jonghyun ran a frustrated hand through his hair, “I don’t know what the hell I’m doing. I’ve never been like this before. Ever since my parents divorced seven years ago, I’ve been getting people together and helping them, but I’ve never worked on me. I just thought you were some dork who needed my help, but you aren’t and you never needed-“

Jonghyun was cut off by soft lips on his. Jinki had grabbed his face and started kissing him. Jonghyun closed his eyes and kissed the other back. His hands went to rest on Jinki’s waist, but then Jinki pulled away.

The younger male tried to speak, but Jinki held his hand up, “I… boyfriend… Key… Key is great.”

“I know-“

“A-and date… we have a date and … great… he is,” Jinki said, breathing hard. Since when did he become Yoda. “We-“ He pointed at the two of them and shook his head, “-No… no, I should…”

Jonghyun grabbed the other’s face and kissed him again. Jinki kissed back for a few seconds before pushing Jonghyun away, “No, bad… no…,” he heard his phone make noise and he looked at it. “Key… alarm… have to get him… I have a date… with him. Date…”

“Onew-“

Jinki shook his head and looked at Jonghyun, “I have to go,” he looked at the other sadly before running past Jonghyun and grabbing a cab. Jonghyun watched him go before groaning. He couldn’t believe he had just kissed Jinki like that. He leaned against a wall and fell to the ground, holding his face. He didn’t even care that it started raining.

 

 

Kibum opened his door and stared in shock when he found Jinki standing there, soaking wet. “Jinki,” he grabbed his arm and pulled him inside. Jinki stood there as Kibum fussed over him. He pushed Jinki onto the couch and started drying his hair.

“Are you okay? Please tell me you have extra clothes? We can’t go dancing like this,” Kibum complained, “I don’t think my clothes could fit you and I don’t really-“

Jinki pulled Kibum down to his lips and kissed the other. Kibum kissed back without hesitation, but Jinki pulled away too soon. When Kibum saw the look on Jinki’s face, he frowned, “You… didn’t like it?”

“It was great,” Jinki replied softly, smiling sadly, “But you’re not Jonghyun…”

“See, boyfriends don’t like hearing things like that,” Kibum sighed as he sat next to the other, “I mean… are you cheating on me?”

The older male stared down at the floor. “I don’t… know…”

Kibum looked at the other and smiled sadly, “But you are breaking up with me, huh? You know, I never figured you’d be the one to do that.”

Jinki looked back up at Kibum, “Me either.”

The other smiled and leaned forward, pressing a soft kiss to the side of Jinki’s lips before punching his arm. He ignored Jinki’s protest of ‘ows’ and smiled with his usual diva smile, “That is for stringing me along. Whoever you are dumping this-“ He motioned to himself, “Better realize what he’s getting.”

“I don’t even know what I really want,” Jinki replied, honestly as he rubbed his arm.

“No one really does until they’ve either lost it or have it,” Kibum explained with a smile.

Jinki smiled at Kibum and nodded his head, “I think I understand.”

 

 

Taemin walked up the shorter male and punched his arm. Jonghyun was shocked and had no idea who this red head was, “OW! What the hell?”

“You hurt my brother.”

Jonghyun blinked a few times, “Oh… you’re Taemin… Nice to final… I guess, not so nice,” he mumbled when he saw the look on Taemin’s face. “Look-“

Taemin shook his head, “No, no, you look. My brother is fragile. He is very sensitive and extremely dense. He liked Key hyung, but you completely screwed that up. Take respons- Hello,” he stared wide eyed at Minho, who had come up behind Jonghyun. He held out his hand and smiled, “I’m Taemin.”

Minho grinned at the red head, “I’m Minho. What did my friend do now?”

“He hurt my hyung,” Taemin replied, still looking at Minho and shaking his hand. Minho just smiled, but didn’t pull away, “Let’s talk about how stupid Jonghyun is over a cup of coffee.”

The younger male nodded and followed after Minho. Jonghyun stared at the two in confusion before shaking his head. He lifted his cup to take a sip when he caught sight of Jinki walking through the door. He stood up quickly and the two looked at each other.

Jinki caught sight of Jonghyun and walked over. They both sat down and looked at each other. Jonghyun was the first to speak, “Onew, I’m sorry-“

“No, let me talk.”

Jonghyun shut up and nodded his head, allowing the other to continue, “I’m not good at relationships or love, I’m not even good at walking on flat surfaces. I came to you for help and I still have one more lesson. What is it?”

The other stared at Jinki in confusion, “Compromise. It is where you make a deal and commit to the other person.”

Jinki nodded his head and started thinking for a moment. Jonghyun stared at him in interest. He was really confused. Jinki looked back at up him, “Let’s make a deal then.”

Jonghyun’s eyes widened slightly, “Wait… what?”

“I’ve skipped lessons one through six because we’ve already done it. As you’ve helped me, I’ve noticed I liked you. I broke up with Key,” Jinki explained smiling at the other, “You turned me into this confident guy, but I realized something, I’m confident because I like you.”

“… That… doesn’t make sense,” Jonghyun chuckled softly.

Jinki chuckled, “It really doesn’t. It was supposed to sound cute and charming. Did the effect still work?”

Jonghyun nodded his head, grinning at the other, “It worked.”

The two smiled at each other and reached for each other’s hands. Jinki grinned, “Thanks.”

“For what?”

author’s note

Yes, I ended the story earlier then expected, but I like how it ended.

Okay, I don't, but I never like ending stories. Endings just to write.

A little 2min and honestly, don't worry about Key. He found someone. Don't know who, but he did. :)

Hope you enjoyed.

If you like Jongyu, check out Take Me Away. It is sad, but Jongyu. :D

Please enjoy and remember! COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE :D

©sungyo2o12