Lesson One: Self-Confidence

How To Fall In Love

 

Jinki wasn’t worried. Not at the slightest. He was a smart guy and he could do anything he set his mind to. He’d do extremely well and be on dates in no time with Jonghyun’s help. He was sure of it.

Then again…

He shifted from one foot to the other nervously as he waited for Jonghyun to show up. He was very worried and very scared. When Jonghyun called him to meet him at a certain address, Jinki thought nothing of it, but then he realized where he was; a clothing store.

The male hated shopping. He still wore all the clothes he wore in high school. He wore them throughout college too. The only thing that changed was his shoes. He’d end up ripping and destroying his shoes that he’d always have to get new ones. That didn’t bother him as much, but shopping was a total horror.

“I’m going to die,” Jinki mumbled as he looked through the window. A saleswoman had been watching him for the last ten minutes. The fact he looked so nervous probably made her nervous, “Jonghyun, hurry!”

Jonghyun laughed as he walked up to the other, “I’m here. Relax. Why are you so on edge?”

Jinki motioned to the store, “I hate shopping.”

“Obviously,” Jonghyun stated and he looked Jinki up and down, “Really? Jeans and a hoodie?”

The taller of the two looked down at himself, “Is it that bad?”

“Is North Korea a communist country?” Jonghyun questioned.

“Yes! Oh….”

Jonghyun nodded his head, “Exactly. Come with me,” he said as he pushed Jinki to the door. He opened the door and bowed to the saleswoman, “Hello, Luna. I’m going to need your help.”

Luna looked at Jinki worriedly, “Is he-“

“No, he’ll be good. Promise,” Jonghyun assured as he pushed Jinki to sit down on the leather couch. He stared at Jinki for a few moments before looking at Luna, “Do you think you can help me with this?”

“I can help,” the saleswoman looked at Jinki then leaned closer to Jonghyun, “and he’s cute…”

Jonghyun leaned closer and whispered back, “He’s gay.”

Luna made an annoyed sound before walking away to help a customer who walked in. Jonghyun looked at Jinki and saw the look on the other’s face. He sat down next to him and smiled, “What’s wrong, Eeyore? Why the long face?”

Jinki looked at Jonghyun, “Do I have to change the way I dress?”

“You dress the way you feel,” Jonghyun touched the hoodie, “Greys and blacks show how uncomfortable you are. Also baggy clothes is your way of telling people, don’t look at me even though I’m actually pretty hot. Lesson One, Jinki, self-confidence. You need some.”

“Onew.”

Jonghyun tilted his head, “What?”

“Call me Onew,” Jinki replied with a soft smile.

The shorter male smiled back, “Onew.”

 

 

Luna had finished up with her customer and went to help Jonghyun. He and Luna spent some times pulling out outfits while Jinki went to try them on. The older male fought them with every outfit, every accessory, and every damn minute. Jonghyun was close to smacking him.

“Oh my god, just come out!” Jonghyun snapped.

Jinki made a small whimpering sound, “N-no! M-my arms… you can see my arms… and my… the pants are too tight!”

Jonghyun put his hands on his forehead and started rubbing his temples, “Lee Jinki, I swear to God, if you are not out here by the count of one, I will drag you out.”

“What happened to two and three?” Jinki shot back.

The expert shrugged his shoulders, “They annoy me.”

Jinki glanced over the door of his dressing room stall and narrowed his eyes at the other, “How can numbers annoy you?”

“Three looks like an eight, but he’s being an and won’t complete himself and two is just obnoxious,” Jonghyun replied in a matter-of-a-fact tone.

“Did you do well in school?” Jinki questioned.

Jonghyun shook his head, “I dropped out.”

Jinki blinked a few times before smiling, “Obviously.”

“Yah! This is not about me, this is about you and the fact you are the worst gay man in history. How can you not dress yourself?” Jonghyun questioned with an aggravated sigh as he crossed his arms. “Just come out!”

The older male made a face and ducked behind the door. He took a deep breath before nodding his head. He mumbled ‘fighting’ to himself before he opened the door and walked out. “Here.”

Jonghyun’s eyes widened slightly as his eyes moved down Jinki’s body. He tilted his head and blinked, “Huh… you have a big pen-“

“Okay, I’m changing,” Jinki said, heading back into the stall, but Jonghyun grabbed his arm pulling him back.

“Sorry, I couldn’t help myself. Stay,” Jonghyun tried, chuckling to himself. Jinki was hilarious. Jinki glared at him and moved his hands to cover his private, “Alright, you look really hot in this rockstar get up, but no. Go try on another outfit.”

Jinki scowled at Jonghyun before scurrying back into the safety of the stall. He shut and locked the door as he quickly went back to changing. He ignored Jonghyun’s comment about coming in and helping. Jonghyun was going to test his nerves. He was sure of it.

 

The older male had been forced into outfit after outfit. One out of three always hated a certain outfit. Jinki eventually gave up on giving an opinion. Neither Luna nor Jonghyun really cared for it anyways.

His next outfit was nice slacks with some animal print along with a gray polo shirt and a gray jacket. His tie was also cheetah print. The outfit was actually not that bad in Jinki’s opinion. Jonghyun wasn’t a big fan, but Luna loved it.

“Perfect. Are you sure you’re gay?” Luna asked with a smile as she looked Jinki up and down. “Cause seriously. No matter if you’re clumsy, you’re really attractive.”

Jinki smiled nervously as he scratched the back of his head. He hadn’t really had anyone compliment him like that, “Oh… well… um,” he had no idea what to say. He was blushing like crazy and was a stuttering fool.

“Though I find Onew adorable when he acts like a nervous school girl, this outfit is a no; too much animal print,” Jonghyun replied, shaking his head, “You look good in it, but it just doesn’t fit you. You may be able to pull this off, but like I said, gray doesn’t help your confidence. People dress like how they feel. If you had more colors in this outfit, maybe it would work. Next outfit.”

“That’s it!” Jinki said, glaring at Jonghyun, “Look, I’ve tried on twelve outfits. I’m hungry and frankly, I'm tired.”

Jonghyun crossed his arms, “Hey, I’m helping you out for free, you do realize that? Well, actually, you have to pay me if you actually get a date to stick with you, just so you know. You can’t seriously be giving up on lesson one?!”

“I never said I was giving up,” Jinki shot back as he went back into the stall, slamming the door behind him.

Luna and Jonghyun shared a look before looking at Jinki throwing clothes around the stall and onto the floor. Luna groaned, “Jinki-shi, please be careful with the clothes.”

Jinki didn’t reply as he fumbled with his clothes. He smiled at himself in the mirror before unlocking the door and walking out. He spun around and looked at the two, “Huh? I do have good taste.”

The saleswoman jumped from her seat and clapped her hands, “Seriously, are you gay?”

“Yes,” Jinki laughed, nodding his head, “but thank you,” he winked at the girl. Luna giggled at the other. He was wearing soft colored blue shirt with faded black jeans. Honestly, he would have something like this in his closet.

“Lesson one complete,” Jonghyun said, pushing himself off the chair. He gave the other a satisfied smile.”

Jinki tilted his head and looked at Jonghyun in surprise, “Why?”

Jonghyun smiled, “You just winked at her and laughed without blushing. Not only that, but you’re comfortable in your outfit. In your mind, you actually feel like you can do anything.”

The older male glanced down at his outfit and smiled. He didn’t like the outfit and it felt comfortable. The pants weren’t too tight, but definitely not baggy. The shirt was thin, but durable. He loved it. He looked up at Jonghyun and smiled, “Thanks.”

The expert merely shrugged his shoulder, “You still have six more lessons. Don’t get too excited. This was merely for you to be comfortable with being you. Also notice how you haven’t tripped in the last twenty-so minutes. I’m magic, what can I say?”

“Yeah, yeah. Mr. Magic, how about getting me some food? I’m starving!” Jinki exclaimed as he rubbed his stomach.”

“Yah, help me clean up,” Luna pouted at the two as she held up some clothes, “And you have to pay for those pants and shirts.”

Jonghyun pulled out his wallet and shrugged, “I got it and before you say anything, don’t. Think of this as a present. I know I can make you into the perfect date. You just need to trust me.”

Jinki nodded his head, “Alright, I’ll trust you. But first, what is the next lesson?”

“Breaking the ice,” Jonghyun replied with a bright grin. Jinki grimaced right away. “Exactly.”

 

author’s note

I'm going to keep writing till I get tired! Hopefully I'll have this whole story done by Tuesday!

Okay, about Jinki's outfits. They are all outfits he's worn.

Outfit one: Ondrew

Outfit two: Hello, Hello

Outfit three: Airport Fashion

Please enjoy and remember! COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE :D

©sungyo2o12