Lesson Two: Breaking The Ice

How To Fall In Love

Jinki tapped his fingers against the table in thought. What could he possibly say? If he said the wrong thing, it all could end in disaster. If he said the right thing, it could turn into something amazing. He had to think carefully. He nodded his head when he was sure he had the right thing to say.

He leaned against the table and looked the other straight in the eye, a bright smile on his lips, “Did you just fart because you blow me away?”

Jonghyun groaned and hit Jinki across the head with a magazine, “No, bad Onew. What did I say about pick-up lines and of all pick-up lines, that one? You would have had better luck with a dirty pick-up line!”

The male pouted and rubbed his head before thrashing around in his seat. Luna giggled and shook her head, “I thought it was cute.”

“You, stop talking,” Jonghyun said, glaring at Luna.

“I’m not good at making a first impression, Jjong,” Jinki retorted before slumping in his chair and puffing out his cheeks in frustration.

“Jjong?” Jonghyun questioned raising an eyebrow, “Someone lost all respect for his teacher. For now on, call me seonsaengnim.”

Jinki shook his head, “No. Never and besides, I’m older than you! You should call me hyung.”

Jonghyun rolled his eyes and scoffed, “When you can get laid, then I’ll call you hyung.”

The older male punched Jonghyun’s arm, “This is about getting a date! Not getting-… Just help me!”

The younger male sighed and took a seat across from Jinki, “Look, Onew, you have to really try. No stupid pick-up lines. They rarely work and if you do use them, make sure they are amazing.”

Luna rolled her eyes, “Yes, because anyone would fall for ‘Hello, I’m a thief and I’m here to steal your heart’ or ‘I lost my number. Can I have yours?’”

“Hey, those are good ones,” Jonghyun retorted with a glare, “And besides, I don’t need pick-up lines. I have something better.”

Jinki chuckled, “Yeah, like what. Try it on me.”

“Alright,” Jonghyun said. He smiled and leaned closer, “So where are you from?”

“This has nothi-“

Jonghyun sighed, “Answer the question.”

The older male pouted slightly, but gave in, Gwangmyeong.”

“Oh, did you like it there?” Jonghyun asked, a smile on his face as he looked at Jinki. He rested his chin on his hand as he gazed at Jinki.

Jinki nodded his head, “Yeah, it was really nice and everyone knew everyone.”

Jonghyun moved his hand to rest on top of Jinki’s, slowing making circles on his wrist, “What is your family like?”

“Well, it is just me, Taemin, and my parents. Taemin is great and adorable. He's seventeen and then my parents... they pushed me a lot to do well in school and go to college; same with Taemin now. They really wanted me to be a lawyer,” Jinki admitted.

“That must have been hard… all that pressure,” Jonghyun stated, staring right into the other’s eyes.

Jinki nodded his head and used a hand to scratch the back of his head, “Yeah, it was a lot of- Hey! Wah… you’re a genius,” he stared wide-eyed at Jonghyun.

Jonghyun grinned and sat back in his chair as he straightened out his jacket, “They don’t call me the dating expert for nothing,” he replied humorously as he took a sip of his coffee.

Luna tilted her head, “You two would look really cute together.”

Jinki and Jonghyun turned to look at the girl who stared back at them like she said nothing at all. The two looked at each other before quickly looking away, bother taking a sip out their coffees. Luna merely grinned.

 

 

The lights gleamed eagerly with every new comer that entered the club. Everyone was drinking and enjoying the music. People danced their heart out and flirted over drinks. It was the perfect place to test out Jinki’s training. At least, Jonghyun thought so. Jinki was freaking out.

They walked to the bar. Both were dressed simple. Nothing too bland, but nothing too bold either. Jonghyun took a seat and smiling, “I’ll take a beer. Onew?”

Jinki looked at Jonghyun and shrugged his shoulders. He didn’t really care, “Two,” he said. When the bartender handed them their drinks, Jonghyun turned to Jinki, “Unclench. You’re not going to get shot, then again… with your luck…”

“I’m really trying. I’m just… not a club person,” Jinki replied timidly.

“No, there you go again, back into your shell. I will not have you go back to step one. You’ve managed to do with the ‘ice breakers’ I’ve offered you. You can do this, Onew,” Jonghyun replied with a smile.

The older male smiled back and nodded his head, “You’re right. I can do this.”

Jonghyun nodded his head, “Of course. Okay, see that guy over there in the blue. Try out your new found ice breakers on him.”

“How do you know he’s gay?”

The younger male blinked, “We’re at a gay bar, Onew.”

Jinki looked around the club and made an ‘o’ shape with his lips. There were only guys (there were also guys dressed like girls and some girls who just liked to party with gays or were lesbians). He glanced back over at the guy in the blue before nodding his head, “Alright. Here I go,” he made a move to get up, but Jonghyun grabbed his wrist, “What?”

“I swear to God, if you say fart, boogers or poop, I will kill you without blinking,” Jonghyun threatened, narrowing his eyes.

The older male nodded his head quickly and pulled away from Jonghyun in fear of his death. As he walked over to the guy in blue, he stared freaking out. All he could think about now were pickup lines about farts, boogers and poop. Damnit, Jonghyun!

He took a seat next to guy and looked over at him. The guy in blue looked up at him. He was extremely attractive and really hot in a tight tank top and black leather jeans, “Yo, what’s up.”

Don’t say poop, Jinki thought to himself, “Um… how was heaven when you left it?”

, pick up line. He mentally hit himself and was ready to duck. He could feel Jonghyun’s death glares, but the guy started laughing, “That was cute. I’ll give you props for that. I’m Joon.”

“Onew.”

Joon reached out his hand and shook Jinki’s hand, smiling, “It’s nice to meet you too. What brings you here?”

Jinki froze. Now what? He completely froze and stared at Joon in confusion. Words… you know words, say them. Jesus, you’re a lawyer! “I… you… poop.”

The other male blinked a few times, “Right… I’m gonna go away now,” he gave the other an incredulous look before taking his leave. Jinki closed his eyes and took a deep breath. He mentally pulled on his big boy pants and stood up. He walked over to Jonghyun and took a seat. He held up his head as he saw Jonghyun ready to speak, “Not a word.”

Jonghyun covered his mouth with his hand to hide his smile. That was definitely the funniest thing he had ever seen in his life bar none. He waited a few minutes, trying to calm himself before he spoke again, “Lesson two complete. You did well. I said no pick-up lines, but that guy obviously felt sorry for you. Now onto lesson three which you so desperately need.”

Jinki looked at Jonghyun. He was giving off the most pitiful look, “What is lesson three?”

The younger male patted Jinki’s shoulder, “The art of conversation.”

“I love you,” Jinki cried as he wrapped his arms around Jonghyun. He was pretending to cry, but he still felt miserable.

Jonghyun patted Jinki’s back and nodded, a soft smile on his face, “I know… I know…”

Jinki eventually pulled away and grabbed his beer, chugging it as quickly as possible. He sighed in relief before looking at Jonghyun, “Alright. I’m ready.”

“Woah, woah, young grasshopper, one lesson at a time. After that that travesty, you need a break and so do I,” Jonghyun said with a smile. He stood up and took Jinki’s hand, tugging the other after him.

“Yah, yah, yah, what are you doing?” Jinki exclaimed, pulling away from Jonghyun’s grip, “That’s to the dance floor.”

The shorter male chuckled, “Observant, aren’t we? Yes, to the dance floor. Let’s go,” he grabbed Jinki’s hand and tugged the other onto the floor. He turned to Jinki and rested his hands on the other’s hips, “Just sway,” he said as he swayed to the music.

Jinki stared at the other, completely terrified, but since the other was making no move to leave the floor, he decided it was best to just give in. He made a move to rest his hands on Jonghyun’s hips, but hesitated. When he saw Jonghyun nod, he laid them on Jonghyun’s hips and began swaying to the music.

“See, no harm done,” Jonghyun smiled, moving his head to the music as he mouthed the words, “Wowowow, it feels so good, really good. Come on, sing with me.”

The other bit his lip, but nodded and began singing along, “Wowowow, I might fall in love again. Even if we don’t speak-”

Looking into your eyes, I know it’s love. What can I say?” Jonghyun sang back.

Oh my sweet love,” Jinki finished. Both started laughing at their sing along. They looked up at each other and shared a look before Jinki pulled away, “I think I want another beer. Excuse me,” he said, walking away from Jonghyun.

Jonghyun nodded his head and scratched the back of his head as he looked away from Jinki. Well, that was strange, he thought. He shook the thought away before following after Jinki. He suddenly needed a drink.

 

author’s note

Well, here is the next chapter. Notice the Jongyu moment~ It is getting good. Now if the advice sounds stupid, it is because I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE I'M TALKING ABOUT. As for the comments about pick-up lines, I ing love them. Ask Sunny. I use pick-up lines on her all the time cause I find them hilarious. 

And the song they are singing is WOWOWOW by SHINee~ It is the theme song for this fic! Why? Cause it is a cute song. Not one of my favorite's of SHINee, but I still like it. There isn't really a song I don't like from SHINee...

Please enjoy and remember! COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE :D

©sungyo2o12