Kim Jonghyun: Dating Expert

How To Fall In Love

 

“This has been the worst date of my life!”

Jinki covered his face as dinner rolls were being thrown at his face. He stood up quickly and bowed, “I am so s-sorry. I tripped an-“

His date glared daggers at him from where he stood, “You spilled your soup on me! How the hell did you possibly manage that?!”

“I’m so sorry, Key-“

“I don’t want to hear it,” Kibum yelled at Jinki. He reached for the napkin and tried wiping the soup off of his clothes. It was still steaming. Jinki bit his lip and looked down in embarrassment. Everyone was looking at them. He winced when he heard Kibum let out an aggravated moan, “My pants… my shirt… my shoes! Do you know how much these cost?”

The waiter quickly made his way over to the two and hissed, “Sir, you’re causing a disturbance. I must ask you to leave.”

Kibum wiped his head around. Jinki and the waiter both cowered at the sight. If looks could kill, both would dead right now. “Me? I’m causing a disturbance? This idiot dumped his soup on me! I should sue you both! Ugh, forget it,” he threw his napkin at the waiter and grabbed his bag. He turned to Jinki and lifted a finger, “You should never be allowed to date. First you spit in my face, now this?! You’re a mess,” he stressed before making his leave.

Jinki reached into his pocket with shaky hands, pulling out his wallet. He held his credit card out to the waiter, “… We’re ready for t-the check.”

The waiter merely nodded his head, taking the credit card and walking away. He was also shaking. Jinki lowered himself into his chair and covered his face with his hair. This was so embarrassing.

 

 

Taemin glanced up at his brother as he walked through the door. A sympathetic smile appeared on his face at Jinki’s demeanor. Obviously the date was a bust, though sadly, Taemin wasn’t surprised.

The teenager leaned his arms on the table and pointed the end of his pencil at his brother, “I’m guessing it didn’t go too well.”

Jinki slumped into his seat and the dining table and let his head fall back. He sighed dramatically, “At the beginning of the date, I tripped and ripped the strap of his bag. He wasn’t thrilled, but he got over that quickly; something about the bag being an imitation of Sluchi or something. Then he told me about how he always wanted to have in a bar bathroom, so I spit in his face out of surprise. He was irritated. Then…”

Taemin was already grimacing, “Um, for starters, the word is Gucci and secondly, then what happened?”

“I spilled my soup on him.”

The red head blinked a few times, “You spilled your soup on him? Were you sitting next to him?”

“… Across the table,” Jinki blushed furiously.

Taemin broke out in a fit of giggles, “Oh my god! That is priceless! How did you manage that? Wait, don’t answer that. You and your ‘condition’. What number are we at now?”

Jinki dropped his forehead onto the table. Taemin winced at the sound. It sounded like it hurt and his suspicions were proven when Jinki made a soft noise and reached up to touch his forehead, “Fifteen.”

“You’re twenty-three years old, you graduated top of your class in college – second in high school, you are a successful lawyer-“

“I’m a paralegal. I’m not a lawyer yet. I just do research for lawyer,” Jinki corrected.

Taemin stared at his brother, a hint of annoyance in his face. Jinki lifted his hands in surrender, “… You are a successful paralegal and you can’t get one date to finish without the guy walking out on you. You are a terrible role model.”

The older of the too groaned and stood up, almost tripping over the leg of the chair. He steadied himself before turning to his brother who was smiling in amusement, “Shut up,” he said, pointing a finger. He turned away from his brother and bit his lip, “What am I going to do, Tae?”

“Find someone clumsier and more socially awkward like you?” Taemin offered with a shrug. Jinki glared at his brother, but Taemin giggled, “Okay, okay, you’ve always had a thing for people more out-going then you and I managed to convince my dance teacher go out with you, but spit on him, ripped his stuff and spilled soup on him. I’ll probably be kicked out,” he sighed as he stared at his brother.

Jinki really hated it when his brother did that. It was completely unfair, “I’ll talk to him-“

“No, I will. I just wanted you to feel guilty. Bro, even though I believe you are completely hopless and will probably die alone with a few dozen cats – AH! I said probably-,” he said quickly before his brother could speak. Jinki glared at his brother and crossed his arms, “-I may have a solution.”

Taemin ruffled through his bag before pulling out a bright blue flyer, holding it out to his brother, “This was at the café. Apparently, this guy is the expert when it comes to dating. He’s pretty hot too. Kind of short, so I’ve heard, but he’s got game.”

Jinki looked at the flyer for a moment before looking up at his brother, “You think I’m so inept that I need a dating expert?”

“Inept means incapable, right?” Jinki nodded, “Then yes, you need a dating expert. Jonghyun hyung is your guy!”

The older brother took a seat at the table and stared at the flyer, “I don’t know, Tae. This seems a bit…”

“Desperate? Well, you desperately need help,” Taemin said, resting a hand on his brother’s shoulder, “You’re book smart, but when it comes to love… You’re a .”

“I feel the love, honestly, I feel it,” Jinki mumbled sarcastically. He stared at the flyer again before looking at his brother, “Do you really think I can do this?”

Taemin tilted his head, “No, but it wouldn’t hurt… well, then again… it is you.”

Jinki grabbed his brother and put him in a headlock. Taemin whined and hit his brother’s arm before Jinki let him go. His little brother scowled at him before going back to his homework. Jinki smiled at his brother, ruffling his hair before glancing at the paper once more. Maybe it wouldn’t hurt to try.

Kim Jonghyun: Dating Expert

Can you not get a date?

Do your dates leave before the date is even over?

Are you a terrible date?

Well, I can help.

With 7 easy steps, I can make you the perfect date.

You won’t regret it.

 

 

Jinki had taken his brother’s advice and called Kim Jonghyun. The other agreed to meet him at the café to talk about Jinki’s dating experience. Now Jinki was there (a bit early), waiting for Jonghyun to arrive.

He held the flyer up and tilted his head. There was a small picture of Jonghyun on the paper, smiling. Taemin was right. The guy was pretty good looking. If he is the dating expert, it probably had to do with that.

But Jinki wasn’t that bad looking himself. Sure, he had puffy baby like cheeks and a bright smile that matches his eyes. He wasn’t exactly skinny, he had some meat on his bones, but he always said there was more to love; which was true. He had the biggest the heart and if any of his dates would have gone past the first meeting, they would have seen how sweet and caring he really was. He rested his chin on his hand and pouted at the paper. Where the hell was this guy?

“Don’t slouch. It is unattractive.”

Jinki glanced up to see Jonghyun smiling at him, or maybe he was smirking. He was definitely smug. Honestly, the picture on the flyer was nothing compared to the real thing. Taemin was right that the guy was shorter, but he definitely made up for it in looks. Perfectly styled brown hair, small almond brown eyes, cute nose and his lips… well, Jinki was gay after all.

“My eyes are up here,” Jonghyun chuckled as he took a seat in front of the other, “What are you drinking?”

He glanced down at his drink before looking up at Jonghyun, “Coffee.”

Jonghyun tilted his head as he stared at the cup, “And exactly how much sugar and crème do you have in there?”

Jinki blinked a few times as he took the spoon and swirled it around in the cup, “… A little bit…”

“Yeah… a little,” Jonghyun replied, raising his cup to his lips and taking a sip. When the other set his cup down, he him lips and Jinki subconsciously did the same. Jonghyun noticed and chuckled once more, “You know, if I’m going to teach you the ways of dating, you can’t date me.”

“Like I’d want to,” Jinki scoffed as he took a sip of his coffee. Maybe he did have too much sugar and crème. It didn’t even taste like coffee anymore. He pushed his cup away and looked up at Jonghyun, “Look, I fail when it comes to dating. My brother said you could help me, so can you?”

The shorter one smiled and leaned back in his seat, crossing one leg over the other. He tilted his head left then right. He was definitely sizing Jinki up. The older male pulled his jacket together and stared back, “Possibly. Your brother mentioned that your last date ended badly. How much is badly?”

“Ripped his Gucci bag, spit in his face and then spilled my soup on him,” Jinki said, blushing just at the thought.

Jonghyun blinked a few times, “Your soup?”

“My soup,” Jinki nodded.

The other stared at Jinki for a few moments before bursting into laughter, “That is… the best story… I’ve ever heard… in my entire life. Oh… my god, I can’t breathe,” he said between breaths. He was literally holding his stomach. Jinki blushed a bright red and looked around. People were staring at them. He hated that.

Jinki glared at the other, “Yah, stop it… people are looking.”

Jonghyun couched a few times, but he still had a few chuckles coming out, “Lesson one… self-confidence. If you’re uncomfortable… then your date will be.”

“So you’ll help me?!” Jinki asked, grabbing Jonghyun’s hand and staring at his eyes with a bright smile, “Really?”

“Sure,” Jonghyun replied, looking at the other with amusement, “You’ll be a tough challenge. It’ll be fun.”

Jinki made a move to hug Jinki, but ended up spilling his coffee on the floor, “Oh, shi- Um, I spilled my… coffee…,” he slumped in his seat and looked at Jinki, “Don’t say a word.”

Jonghyun made a zipping motion to his lips and leaned back in his chair, a grin on his face. He was definitely going to have fun with this.

author’s note

So I'm really excited about this short story. I'm actually planning on writing another chapter now. It is going to be short, but it going to be funny and I'll try my best to make the chapters longer. Anyways, I hope you all will enjoy this. I love Jongyu. It is like the perfect couple! Yes, dorky Onew with awesome Jonghyun and yes, Jinki spilled HIS soup on Key. The physics are impectable people. Please enjoy and remember! COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE :D

©sungyo2o12