Betrayal

With you

 

I woke up to the sound of the alarm clock, hugging my pillow. I realised that my pillow was tear-drenched. Worse than tear-stained. It was the weekends again... I long dreaded it. Not because I had nothing to do but because today, this very day, I will be seeing him again but not in school, in the SM building.

 

“Morning sleepyhead~ You had a long day yesterday. To get you ready for the auditions, I prepared a delicious breakfast for you~” Joonmyun sang to me. The only thing that gets me ready for the day is his breakfast. You can't even get mad at him, he's too fatherly. I took a seat and ate the breakfast in an instant. Then, I grabbed my bag and ran for the door.

 

“Next, Number 52836, Xi Luhan,” The judge announced. Luhan then winked at me, making my heart melt. However, I still stood firm, not getting affected. Seeing that his plan had failed, he looked downwards, avoiding any eye contact with me. Then, he started serenading the judges with his sweet voice. It swept me off my feet, making my stance unstable.

 

I have never seen this side of him... Before I knew it, it was soon my turn. I calmed myself down and signaled for the DJ to start my song. My body swayed to the music and with my sharp moves, I could tell that the judges were thoroughly impressed with my dancing, not to mention Luhan too. The judges scribbled something down, saying that they would contact us in the near future and gave us an assuring smile. I heaved a sigh of relief, knowing that I could finally be at peace.

 

“Where are you going?” Luhan asked me, linking arms.

 

“Home. Still need to study,” I replied, ensuring my tone was firm.

 

“Mind if I follow?” His doe-like eyes gazed into mine. I shook my head, holding him.

 

Maybe I really have forgiven him... I mean it's understandable, unless he does it again

 

“Joonmyun Hyung~ This is my friend, Luhan,” I introduced.

 

“Neh~ Better start on your homework. It's getting late”

 

I led Luhan to my room, waving at Joonmyun. Taking out my books, Luhan got hold of my hand.

 

“W-What?” I accidentally said out loud. Luhan just smiled, refusing to let go. I was downright confused now. Why is he doing this? I mean, I can accept it if we are just friends but now?I smiled awkwardly at him. It was as if he could see right through me.

 

“Oh... You don't like it?” He asked, making me feel guilty.

 

“N-No. Just that... In school, you're so cold to me and everytime you see someone, you just push me down and knock my pride,” I replied truthfully. “It's-”

 

I got silenced by a peck on the cheek, followed by a few apologies. I could feel the heat rushing up to my face and I turned bright red instantly. I just grabbed onto him tighter as I knew that he would never let me down again after he made his choice.

 

“Let's start studying” Luhan interrupted my thoughts, opening his Maths textbook, not letting go of my hand. I nodded in agreement and we started studying for about 2 hours. I heard my phone ring.

 

From: Unknown user

To: Sehun

 

Dear Oh Sehun,

 

Congratulations! You have been accepted into SM Entertainment. You can start training as soon as possible. Good luck on working towards your dreams!

 

Best wishes,

SM Staff

 

“YESS!!” I exclaimed in excitement. Luhan stared at me, shocked. Soon, his phone rang too. Both of us got accepted into SM... US. I wasn't sure if what I was feeling was actually sadness or happiness. Would I get bullied just for fame again? Or would he really change for me...

 

“Hunnie, I'm hungry~” He told me. I held his arm and we went to the cafe next door.

 

“Where do you think you're going?” Joonmyun asked me, “Dinner's ready soon, come back early!”

“Sorry! We are just going to grab a bite downstairs,” I replied, signaling the 'I am sorry' gesture.

 

“Who is Joonmyun anyway?”

 

“He's my landlord but he's really nice. He owns a convenience store so he doesn't really need to go to work so often,” I told him, his arms linked with mine.

 

“Yah!! Xi Luhan. When did you start hanging out with the unpopular gang?” Tao asked. He was with Wufan (as usual), strolling the streets.

 

I stared at Luhan with hopeful eyes, wanting to know if whatever he said before was true. It was a few minutes until he opened his mouth to respond. He loosened his grip and nudged at me, making me fall to the ground even harder. I now know the harsh, cruel reality of life.

 

“Never in my life. Saw this nerd wandering about and wanted to show him what-”

 

“Yeah, I get that a lot. Not everyone is as busy as us” Wufan interrupted.

 

At that moment, his choice was really clear to me, as if it was in my face, mocking me. I backed away and instead of running, I chose to stay. He stared at me with apologetic eyes but it wasn't the first time. I really give up on him. None of his actions were ever true. I stared coldly at him, letting him know I'll never forgive him again. His actions really hurt me, it was as if he was stomping on my heart ever since we met. Tears welled up in my eyes as I looked at him. He, in turn, didn't even bother to respond to me and he just turned away, chatting with the other two.

 

“What if I'm unpopular? Does that mean you are better than me?! I really don't care anymore Xi Luhan. Just give me one answer now. Have you been playing with me all along or are you true to me?” I yelled, frustrated at him. It was clear that I could not tolerate this nonsense anymore.

 

“Sehun... I...” He replied, looking a little taken aback.

 

I smirked a little. “I knew it...” Then, I took out a penknife. “This is to remind me about the hopes you raised but crushed and the pain you have given me,” And with a slash, a huge scar appeared on my wrist. The feeling was so much better than the one that Luhan had ever given me.

 

“What a freak... Luhan, let's go,” Tao and Wufan said in unison. With my blood dripping on the floor, I turned away to walk home. Drip... Drip... But I didn't even care.

 

“OH SEHUN!! What are you doing?!” A voice came from behind exclaimed. Finally, he has come to his senses... My hopes were crushed the moment I turned around. My eyes met those of Joonmyun.